Selling on ebay with Paypal

Lilythepink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister has just sold her mobile phone on ebay. the buyer paid straight away through PAYPAL. Paypal will not part with the money, yet want her to send the phone. They say because she is a first time seller, they want her to prove herself, and will not let her withdraw the money for 21 days.

Now call me cynical but how are they allowed to do this,, as she is not going to send the phone without payment and the buyer has already paid, but payment with Paypal, and it could be reversed.

She has bought time and time again on ebay, no problem taking her money.

Any advice on this, as she was depending on the money coming through, and I am sure the buyer will not wait 21 days.:mad2:

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Yes they are allowed to do this, it's in their t & c s which your sister agreed to, it's standard practise for new sellers, it's best to sell a few low cost items first to build your reputation before selling high risk stuff like phones.

Thank you for the reply, and yes everyone signs the t & c without actually reading them. How are you meant to prove that you are genuine, meanwhile they hang on to the money, getting interest, and what guarantee does the buyer have that you will send the item. Sellers could sell it elsewhere whilst waiting for their money. Not very fair at all

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

This is standard for the first few sales. It's either 21 days or once the buyer has left feedback. If they get the phone within a couple of days and leave feedback the money will be released straight away.

Paypal keep the money in case there are issues with fraud, buyer wants to return item etc, as suggested best to sell lost of cheap items, and get good feedback first, if I were buyer and I saw a seller selling high cost, phones, tablets etc as first item with zero feedback Id be suspicious.