PayPal/Lowell - 2 defaults registered for the same debt with diff dates

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with two defaults on my credit report for the same debt. The debt was originally with PayPal Credit, and a default was added to my credit report on 10/01/2020. The account was then sold to Lowell, who added a second default on 08/05/2020

I recently spoke to Lowell, and they agreed to update the date of their default to match the original date on my credit report from PayPal Credit. However, a few weeks later, the date on Lowell's default was changed to 10/02/2020, which is one month after the date on PayPal Credit's default on my report. 

I have provided Lowell with screenshots of my credit report that show the date of PayPal Credit's default 10/01/2020 but PayPal Credit has confirmed to Lowell that the date of their default was infact 10/02/2020, Contrary to what is stated on my report.

I have also spoken to PayPal Credit about this issue. They have stated that the date of their default is 10/02/2020, not 10/01/2020 and the 10/01 date was actually the date of the default letter they sent to me, not the actual default date.

I am now stuck with two defaults on my credit report for the same debt, both 1 month apart and both companies are refusing to remove one of them.

I am not sure how to deal with this situation.
I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thank you,

I have raised a formal complaint to both but they keep pointing the finger at each other. 

• dx100uk changed the title to PayPal/Lowell - 2 defaults registered for the same debt with diff dates

stop ringing a fleecing DCA!!! writing ONLY..:frusty:

send lowells a letter stating they have 14 days to remove their default or correct its date or you will be raising a serious complaint with the ICO and be seeking financial compensation.

inc a copy of the PP Default Notice.

hope you are blindly paying them anything...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Would this work?

Problem is that PayPal are telling lowell that the default was registered 10/02/2020 and this is what lowell have updated their default to when Paypals is clearly shown on my credit report as 10/01/2020. I am currently disputing the paypal date with the CRA

Lowell say paypal need to sort this out and paypal say that lowell need to deal with it as they are now the owners of the debt.

well 1 month isnt going to hurt you

neither does 2 defaults for the same debt ref no.

does not hurt your score  twice.

upto you really.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's just the principal of the matter. 

I am not disputing what I owe but everything I read online says that this is not right and even illegal.

I'm also extra wound up because they both keep trying to palm me off and blame the other company when my evidence is clear as day that something is not right with their data on my report .

well you read wrong.

debt is a civil matter so is unlawful , not a criminal matter which is illegal.

so what ...they are a month diff ...its not hurting you.

hope you aren't blindly paying any DCA on any debt.

they are NOT bailiffs.

and they

DCA's don't have any principles, they're morally bankrupt fools.

This is why you don't engage with them nor do you ever pay them anything.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!