No service! ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I hope somebody can help me as I'm at my wits end and Vodafone is stressing me out massively.

I joined Vodafone in November 2014 having left T-Mobile after 12 years with them. I signed up to a 2 year contract with Vodafone, however, I have had nothing but problems since. I was incorrectly assigned two account numbers and charged for them both despite having only one phone and one mobile number. I contacted Vodafone several times over January and was told that one had been cancelled and removed from my account. This was finally confirmed on Thursday 29th January.

However, the next day my phone had "no service" on the top of the mobile screen and I have been unable to make or receive any calls since. Tomorrow will be day four of having no service and despite makes several calls to Vodafone and visiting two different stores, no one has been able to fix my issue. I have been told both accounts were cancelled, then that this was not the case and I did have an account but my last visit into the store, the staff member could not find my mobile number on the system.

I really have had enough and need this problem fixed immediately. I have had multiple sim swaps and had the phone checked out and there is nothing wrong with it apart from Vodafone not providing me any service. I really would appreciate someone please assisting me with this as I am getting nowhere either on live chat, in store or over the phone.

This is possibly the worst time for this to happen as I am awaiting calls that are very important for my future and I am due to go away this weekend coming and need my phone to be working by then. Please could somebody assist me with this matter and get my phone up and running again as it should be?

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Typical VF customer services I'm afraid however we do have a rep here who has had some success with problems such as yours.

Please follow the link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2014**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

then when you get an automated reply number post it here.

I would suggest not stopping your monthly payments as VF are very quick at marking your credit file. Follow the customer services link to find out the do's and don'ts of contacting them.

It may be worth just getting a temporary sim on PAYG to help out in the interim.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks very much for this. I have applied for a temporary sim and will follow the link you posted.

Hopefully I can get this resolved soon!

The automated reply number I received is: [#9339185]

Edited by hazelnut

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply. It took a month for my service to be restored, however, Vodafone has now put a late payment notice on my Credit Report totally wrecking my credit score. This is despite them claiming the problem was resolved and the duplicate account cancelled.

I'm quite sick of dealing with Vodafone to be honest and could do without the constant aggravation. It just seems to be one problem after another and then it takes ridiculous amounts of weeks to get issues resolved.

If VF don't remove that marker, you could escalate further via their complaints system or to the Ombudsman but if this marker has any financial costs to you, You could sue them via the county courts

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 10 months later...

Well it took the better part of 2 months to be resolved but they eventually accepted that they had made an error in assigning me two accounts in the first place and they removed the marker from my credit report.

I stopped dealing with customer services in the end as they were utterly useless and instead made a complaint directly to the CEO. I then had someone who phoned every few days to keep me updated on the progress they were making which was quite reassuring. They then eventually informed me that the marker had been removed and my score restored.

Many thanks for coming back and updating your thread hazelnut...its a pleasant change to have a resolution on the Telecoms forum.

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread