3 charging me £50.00 for 436mb of data on ipad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all my daughter has a ipad contract with 3...she had this for 2 years never missed a payment..she phoned 3 up and they offered her another year for £5.00 a month which she accepted and now 6 months into this..she has never failed a payment..this month 3 took £50.00 on top of the £5.00 because she used 436mb ( less than 1/2 a gig )..of data..this is well over the top..we phoned them and after a heated exchange they offered to reduce this to £29..99 which we refused...what am I able to do can I cancel and is the amount excessive..cheers paul

What does the contract say?

Complain to [email protected]

Hes the MD of H3G UK.

The Execs team are awesome! They solve pretty much anything. :)

Compared to 3 Customers Service... The are the Dogs Balls. :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

hi and big thank you to " fkofilee " for the advice to email mr dyson, they ( a mr Richard brown from the executive office ) spoke to me today and have offered me a full £50.00 refund to cover the over charge and he was brilliant the way he handled it unlike the shoddy customee services...thank you once again..paul

Looking at their website, the Three £5 data only SIM only gives you 250MB of data. So if your daughter used 436MB then she's 186MB over the limit. The website states that going over the limit costs 10.2 per MB so that should be an additional charge of £18.24 ontop of the £5 monthly subscription. Keeping that in mind I've no idea where they've got £50 from. Even if the allowance was 0 and all 436MB were being charged, it would only come out at £42.75!