second hand car rights

Empay89
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya just wondered if anyone can help me.

I purchased a car on 1st November it is a 55 plate ford c max

- I got it from a dealer so not a private sale.

As soon as I got it home there was a fault with it.

We rang them and they said take it to a local garage if it's a small job we will reimburse you the cost

- turns out it was the head gasket so they towed it back a week later.

It then took them another 2 weeks to get it repaired.

All this time I was without a car.

There were issues during the repair as well with them saying it would be ready and then it not being.

Finally collected it on Tuesday from Derby and

it broke down yesterday had the RAC out and the cam chain has snapped :(

as you can imagine I was really upset as I had been without the car for so long and now this.

I'm no mechanic but I no that this is another massive repair job.

I want a refund now as I have lost all faith in the car

- in a space of 4 weeks I have had the car in my procession for 3 days.

Can anyone advise me where I stand thank you in advance

Hi Empay89

You should have paid by Credit/Debit Card, it offers protection when things go wrong. Send the amended template Recorded Delivery.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-rejecting-a-second-hand-car-bought-from-a-dealer

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/how-to-complain-about-a-second-hand-car-to-a-dealer

Paid by cash. I have the original invoice for it still

OK thank you. The garage who did the head gasket repairs have contacted me to say they are recovering the car tomorrow morning as they want to see if the head they fitted has caused the damage....

If the cam chain snapped, the engine is a write off.

Would be cheaper to service another engine from scrapyard than repair yours.

You're lucky that you bought the car from a dealer, so you have some sort of protection.

Soga springs to mind, but I think there's a dedicated legislation covering car deals.

Others will advise better

We are currently awaiting a call back from the garage manager ad to whether they will refund as we have spoken to them and asked for a refund due to the car now being completely unusable. It is being collected by the garage that did the head gasket repairs tomorrow morning

We are currently awaiting a call back from the garage manager ad to whether they will refund as we have spoken to them and asked for a refund due to the car now being completely unusable. It is being collected by the garage that did the head gasket repairs tomorrow morning

The regulations say you must make a rejection by letter. Do it as shown above and send it by recorded delivery letter. Don't talk on the phone, you will have no proof of anything that is being said and anything said in your favour will be denied later. If you must talk on the phone, then record the call.

~Keep in mind, you are talking about car sales here, the most complained about industry in the land ~