Derby Car Centre Ltd/Pride Park - Vehicle Not Fit For Purpose***Judgment/paid in Full***

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An application notice from Northampton business centre (see N244 notes) asking for court to set aside judgement without a hearing and stating information to be relied upon will be statement of case, also separate letter from the company asking the court to remove judgement against the director as the case has already been drawn against the company

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And does the N24 state whether you can vary or set a side or stay the the order?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So what does the following state...verbatim?

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n024-eng.pdf

Yes but that's in connection with your judgment...not their application to set a side ...I simply want to know what came with the N244 (application to set a side) from the court...then I can advise you on how to deal with it...but you are making it very hard.

So sorry I am not trying to make it hard simply at a loss what it is I am looking for nothing came only what I have told you about the application came with no notes only what I have mentioned I can ring and ask if you tell me what is missing

So the N244 came on its own ...no court forms attached...no General Order......how do you know it came from the court then and not the defendant?

It is stamped so is the envelope and says "County Court Business Centre" it was filled in 23-11-15 and stamped 24-11-5 by the court the company have not asked for the court to send anything to their head office but at the office they sell the vehicles from. 2 papers included with the bundle named "Judgement for claimant in default" one addressed for the garage one for the director. Nothing says general order on it

Very strange...well i cant advise any further until the court contacts you and explains what options you...as stated there has to be an hearing for a set a side...and that is what is normally attached to the N244 stating your options...when the hearing will take place where the hearing will be held (normally at your local county court).

So just post when you receive anything further.

Regards

Andy

The initial claim I named both the director and the company in the papers to the court the director as stated he should not have been named and he as asked the court to withdraw the judgement against himself. Does this jeopardise the case? when the judge is due to consider the application to set aside judgement

Not particularly as it should have been addressed before the judgment .

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part19/pd_part19a

Para 3.1 and Para 4.

Andy

Have you now received further details of the set a side application and anything about the court requiring a hearing Laura?

The initial claim I named both the director and the company in the papers to the court the director as stated he should not have been named and he as asked the court to withdraw the judgement against himself. Does this jeopardise the case? when the judge is due to consider the application to set aside judgement

It can have a big impact on the outcome in that he can dissolve the company and you will have nowhere to go to follow up any verdict in your favour. If is was the mans name then and

nothing was forthcoming, you could have sent bailiffs around to his house and they could have taken personal stuff but there is nothing to take from a dissolved company.

Dissolving a company doesn't mean he is out of business, all that has to be done is rename and register it and carry on as if nothing had happened.

Besides, it is a Limited company so will have limited liability.

No rang the County Court they not even had any paper work yet from Northampton they told me I could write a letter to put in the judges papers to say why I consider the set aside should not be allowed in your opinion should this be officially done or just my own version?

Normally you would submit a witness statement in response noting your objections and reasons ...but until you get official paperwork from the court inviting this you are in rather a difficult position.

Hence all my recent posts as to what and from where you have actually received.

Start drafting a witness statement then:-)