• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

virgin media been taking money out for over a year by dd. service was cancelled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't disagree with anything you have said. In fact I agree with you 100%. My point is, the OP has already paid the £900 (and claimed it back) that £900 is 'dead' money for now and he shouldn't be chancing the risk of a default when about to apply for a mortgage.

The OP needs to keep that CRA file squeaky clean until the mortgage is approved.

x x x

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with anything you have said. In fact I agree with you 100%. My point is, the OP has already paid the £900 (and claimed it back) that £900 is 'dead' money for now and he shouldn't be chancing the risk of a default when about to apply for a mortgage.

The OP needs to keep that CRA file squeaky clean until the mortgage is approved.

x x x

I know not if the money is spent, having read the e-mail from Ms Miller again I think VM are covering up a £900 mistake /incompetent action.

It needs challenging but when is not our decision (nor would I like to be so).

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

this is now what im considering writing.

Dear Mr Mockeridge

Thankyou for your letter dated # which i recived on #

Having read Ms Millers response I find it inadequate to say at the least, that the most important points of my letter havebeen ignored or

it seems not properly addressed so I will outline them once more.

1. I cancelled my account with VM for all three services of tv, broadband and phoneline on xx/xx/xxxx as I had taken up subscription with SKY for all three products ont e 25/5/13 evidenced by actual sky bills.

2. It quite clearly appears that VM did not act upon this cancellation properly. Thsi is not the first time communication has not been recorded. I alos have recent evidence of this.

3.I did not become aware of VM's error in dealing with my cancellation until I had access to my bank statements after some technical problems with my bank. I became aware that VM was still taking direct debiti payments from my account on xx/xx/xx .

4. I requested my bank to reclaim the unauthorised debits which it has done.

Please also note in reference to Ms Millers insistence that I still owe VM £xxxx.xx for services - I did not in all this period of time have a VM receiver box, and did not access or utilise any VM services what so ever.

Therefore no payment is/was due to Virgin Media in reference to this account.

Also I am totally unable to reconcile the figures supplied by Ms Miller as they change throughout which was not done with my permission.

Please be clear - I do not accept any liability to VM for an alleged debt caused by its failure to act upon my instructions

This amount is now in dispute and I would like to clarify that VM will not be placing derogatory data on Credit reference files in regard to the cancelled account and the alleged debt accruing from it.

Furthermore i would prefer if we liase in writing for both our records.

I would expect as CEO of VM Mr Mockeridge you will be able to provide me with a prompt and positive response to this matter.

what do you guys think? shall i see what he says or shall i say il pay now and also be taking it to small claims court?

Send the email to ceo first.

I don't think they'll take to long to reply.

If ceo says that you have to pay, I would pay so they can't default the account.

Immediately I would send another communication to ceo disputing the £900.

When he replies that they won't return it you can send a letter before action and take them to court.

At that point I have a feeling that they will settle out of court.

There's no way any judge would rule in their favour.

Key point here is that the contract had been terminated.

Without contract VM should have not taken any money from you.

In essence they "appropriated of your funds with intention to permanently deprive you of it", in fact, if you had not discovered the 'admin error' (as they would call it), they would have kept the money.

Strange that this happens on a regular basis.

this is now what im considering writing.

Dear Mr Mockeridge

Thankyou for your letter dated # which i recived on #

Having read Ms Millers response I find it inadequate to say at the least, that the most important points of my letter havebeen ignored or

it seems not properly addressed so I will outline them once more.

1. I cancelled my account with VM for all three services of tv, broadband and phoneline on xx/xx/xxxx as I had taken up subscription with SKY for all three products ont e 25/5/13 evidenced by actual sky bills.

2. It quite clearly appears that VM did not act upon this cancellation properly. Thsi is not the first time communication has not been recorded. I also have recent evidence of this.

3.I did not become aware of VM's error in dealing with my cancellation until I had access to my bank statements after some technical problems with my bank. I became aware that VM was still taking direct debiti payments from my account on xx/xx/xx .

4. I requested my bank to reclaim the unauthorised debits which it has done.

Please also note in reference to Ms Millers insistence that I still owe VM £xxxx.xx for services - I did not in all this period of time have a VM receiver box, and did not access or utilise any VM services what so ever.

Therefore no payment is/was due to Virgin Media in reference to this account.

Also I am totally unable to reconcile the figures supplied by Ms Miller as they change throughout which was not done with my permission.

Please be clear - I do not accept any liability to VM for an alleged debt caused by its failure to act upon my instructions

This amount is now in dispute and I would like to clarify that VM will not be placing derogatory data on Credit reference files in regard to the cancelled account and the alleged debt accruing from it.

Furthermore i would prefer if we liase in writing for both our records.

I would expect as CEO of VM Mr Mockeridge you will be able to provide me with a prompt and positive response to this matter.

what do you guys think? shall I see what he says or shall i say I'll pay now and also be taking it to small claims court?

OK to go just read through and correct any typo's before sending, it is important to get a written copy in the post and signed for at the same time as you e-mail of even before.

Good to see that you have the funds safe and available if needed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

thanks guys will send this today lunchtime. lets see what happens.

Good luck!!

its seems vm are being difficult now. i intially on day one contacted cisas who said id have to wait for vm to respond to me. and now this is vm response to the email i sent (the letter above)

Dear #

Unfortunately as you have chosen to take your case to CISAS we are no longer able to offer a response on this matter.

Regards

i have sent them an email back saying i have withdrawn the case from cisas please respond and still they are saying we cannot now respond as you have taken the case to cisas and your email has been sent to them sigh.

its seems vm are being difficult now. i intially on day one contacted cisas who said id have to wait for vm to respond to me. and now this is vm response to the email i sent (the letter above)

Dear #

Unfortunately as you have chosen to take your case to CISAS we are no longer able to offer a response on this matter.

Regards

i have sent them an email back saying i have withdrawn the case from cisas please respond and still they are saying we cannot now respond as you have taken the case to cisas and your email has been sent to them sigh.

It is a Must to exhaust the creditors complaints procedure prior to taking a matter to a body such as CISAS, let's hope VM now respond.

i think that theyl still be difficult sigh.i would have thought theyl at least give me a response to that letter you helped me write.

I'm once a complaint was made to CISAS and VM were informed they have to wait for them to respond.

i initially told cisas when this happened. this was the response i had. i dont know what happens now.

22 October 2014

Dear #

Case No: # - # v Virgin Media (Please quote on all correspondence)

We acknowledge receipt of an application for adjudication by the customer, a copy of which

is attached for the attention of the company.

Please note that any further documents submitted after this date may lead to your

application being restarted in order to give the company time to consider them.

In accordance with the rules of the scheme, the company is now required to submit their

response to the claim, which should be returned to us within 10 working days of receipt of

this letter, that is, on or before 05/11/2014. The company should list all papers being

submitted, and where possible submit their response by email. A copy of any defence to

your case received from the company will be sent to you and you will be given the

opportunity (5 working days) to make any comments about it which you wish to make.

Please be advised that the company may contact you in order to negotiate a settlement of

your claim. If they do that but no agreed settlement is reached they must still submit their

defence to your claim by the due date above.

The company may decide to settle your claim in full, ie to give you everything you are

claiming in your application. Under these circumstances the company will notify us and we

will write to tell you. We will close our file at that time because the adjudicator has no power

to award any more than is claimed.

We will contact you again in due course.

i initially told cisas when this happened. this was the response i had. i dont know what happens now.

22 October 2014

Dear #

Case No: # - # v Virgin Media (Please quote on all correspondence)

We acknowledge receipt of an application for adjudication by the customer, a copy of which

is attached for the attention of the company.

Please note that any further documents submitted after this date may lead to your

application being restarted in order to give the company time to consider them.

In accordance with the rules of the scheme, the company is now required to submit their

response to the claim, which should be returned to us within 10 working days of receipt of

this letter, that is, on or before 05/11/2014. The company should list all papers being

submitted, and where possible submit their response by email. A copy of any defence to

your case received from the company will be sent to you and you will be given the

opportunity (5 working days) to make any comments about it which you wish to make.

Please be advised that the company may contact you in order to negotiate a settlement of

your claim. If they do that but no agreed settlement is reached they must still submit their

defence to your claim by the due date above.

The company may decide to settle your claim in full, ie to give you everything you are

claiming in your application. Under these circumstances the company will notify us and we

will write to tell you. We will close our file at that time because the adjudicator has no power

to award any more than is claimed.

We will contact you again in due course.

I think from that the process is past stopping so a response should be expected sometime after 05/11/2014

theyv just emailed me to say somebody will call me this evening. i have just replied back saying i do not want telephone correspondance and would prefer to be contacted by email or letter to avoid 'calls not being recorded'. lets see what they say....

Keep me up to speed on this please.

@ king12345 id gone to cisas for advice the first day. i wrote on this the second day. i have asked it to be removed from cisas. i hope theres positive that they are contacting me this evening. i have decided to fight for this money so will go to the small claims court or do whatever to get get/keep this money. will keep you updated if they email today which im thinking they may.

id gone to cisas for advice the first day. i wrote on this the second day. i have asked it to be removed from cisas. i hope theres positive that they are contacting me this evening. i have decided to fight for this money so will go to the small claims court or do whatever to get get/keep this money. will keep you updated if they email today which im thinking they may.

OK!!

• 2 weeks later...

it all starts again. cisas was meant to get a reply by vm by 5/11. i have recieved these emails today and dont know what to do. here goes:-

Dear Miss #

CISAS

Case No: # - # v Virgin Media

We acknowledge receipt of the company’s response to claim, a copy of which is attached

for the customer’s attention.

The customer is invited to submit comments on the response, within 5 working days from

the date of this letter, that is, on or before 13/11/2014

If you (the customer) provide comments, you must concentrate on the points made by the

company. You cannot add new information that you forgot to mention earlier, as per the

‘Information for customer’ guide.

You may submit your comments in writing, by post, email or fax.

Upon receipt of the customer’s comments a copy will be sent to the company for their

information, and the complete case file will be sent to the adjudicator for their consideration.

We will contact the parties again on receipt of the customer’s comments. Alternatively, if no

comments are received, we will inform the parties of the name of the adjudicator appointed

to consider this case.

Yours sincerely

Case administrator.

This is vm defence:-

DATE CASE COMPLETED: 5th November 2014

CISAS CASE REF: #

COMPLETED BY #

Terms and Conditions of Service

The services were provided by Virgin Media under the standard Terms and Conditions included in the Residential Customer Service Agreement.

Customer’s Complaint against Virgin Media

Virgin Media request that the adjudicator takes into consideration that any awards for compensation that are granted to the customer are in the first instance, used to clear or reduce any outstanding balances or monies owed to Virgin Media that are correct and chargeable.

Miss # has requested a refund for payments made since 23rd May 2013 as she cancelled as far as she was aware to go to Sky on that date and was under the impression that we cancelled all three services when Sky contacted us. He has just had three months bank statements from the bank and realised that he has been paying every month £49.90 and not been using the service as has everything with Sky.

Virgin Media’s Position in relation to Customer’s Complaint

Virgin Media get port request for the phone from Sky as they have requested the number to port over to them in order for Miss # to keep this when she switches to Sky that she has ordered.

18/04/13 13:09:08

Changed port from Incomplete to Future Star,

Support Services.

Virgin Media port the number to Sky as requested

23/05/13 16:40:59

ported to sky via batch ref 7631568

Miss # contactsd Virgin Media by webchat and asked why she has been billed when has disconnected. The agent explained that only ther telephone had been cancelled as BT had applied for it to be ported. No contact made by customer to cancel the other services and so they stay active

16/10/14 12:25:26

chat with cust/dpa pass/disputing charges saying services cancelled a year ago/infrmed once contract ends the service remain active untill we receive disx request/infrmed only telco disconnection reqyues recv and no disx request for tv and bb so they were kept active and so have been charged/still disputing aske dto chat with compalints team/cust not responding so ended session/chat id:1995432

Further call where Miss # is advised that there was no request to disconnect the TV or Broadband . Customer advised disconnection now in place.

16/10/14 12:54:25

Webchat complaints - dpa passed with ah. Apologised to customer however confirmed that no request to disconnect the account was received in may 2013. Confirmed number ported over, however no request to disconnect Virgin Media was received. I have advised customer I have now placed this disconnection request for customer and customer aware will be billed upto 15th November as per our 30 day notice period, customer left webchat. left chat log open and will close towards end of shift if c

ustomer does not come back through ** complaints**

Third contact this day this time by webchat and again Miss # is advised that the services are now cancelled but we didn’t have a request to cancel the Broadband and TV only the phone and this was requested by Sky.

16/10/14 13:25:23

webchat complaints - customer came back through to me again, again confirmed that no record was received to cancel the service. Confirmed we will not be refunding any monies, as we have charged at the correct service rate. Advised i have now placed disconnection and service will disconnect on 15th november as per our 30 day notice process. Confirmed customer will need to take the matter to a third party as remains unhappy with us ** complaints**

The broadband and TV are now cancelled as Miss # has explained she had thought that this services were cancelled.

16/10/14

DISCONNECTION WORK ORDER SUMMARY

================================

WORK ORDER: 008886823

DISCONNECT REQUESTED BY CUSTOMER

DISC SET FOR: 15/11/14

DISC REASON: AM

WRITTEN DISC FOLLOWING COMPLAINT

EDF TOTAL: [0.00

EQUIPMENT COLLECTION SUMMARY

NO EQ TO COLLECT

Miss # has now cancelled the direct debit payment to Virgin Media

17/10/14 ADDACS ADDACS

ADDACS:INSTRUCTION CANCELLED BY PAYER

Complaint is received from Miss # about the broadband and TV not being cancelled and agent assigned the complaint called on 20the/21st and 23rd October as below.On each occasion got no reply. The calls were made to the number on our system that had been provided by the customer as below:-

20/10/14 14:54:37

Rang customer on 07# but there was no answer.

21/10/14 15:00:02

Rang customer on 0# but there was no answer.

23/10/14 11:01:35

Rang customer on 07# but there was no answer.

The agent assigned the complaint wrote to Miss # and explained that we had not received a request to cancel the TV or Broadband services and gave the dates that we had sent email notifications that the bill is ready to view on all the dates in the letter below. The email address that we had sent the mail to is the same email address provided in this CISAS case and is therefore an active email address and Miss # must have received these emails.

23/10/14 14:07:28

Unable to contact customer directly so sent the following letter to close the complaint.

Hello Miss #i,

Thank you for the email that you sent to us in the CEO Team on the 17th October 2014 regarding the cancellation of your Virgin Media account. I would have preferred to speak to you so I did try to call you onthe 20th, 21st and 23rd October 2014 using the mobile number ending 45

39. As there was no answer each time I wasn t able to let you know that we were reviewing your case. Please accept my apologies for the delay in response.I do appreciate your disappointment that having cancelled your Virgin

Media account as far as you were concerned you ve continued to be charged for our services, and I do understand how this has affected you personally and financially.By looking at your Virgin Media account notes and complaint email I can see that you ve already contacted us about this situation using webchat on the 16th October 2014. I can confirm what my colleague Adam found by checking through earlier notes; namely that we exported your Virgin Media telephone number over to Sky on the 25th May 2013 and there was no request to cancel any other services.You also mentioned in your email that Adam told you that we d been sending monthly bills to your email address of #. What we have been doing is sending you email notifications that your new ebills are ready to view through My Virgin Media. Here are the details of the last 12 months of notifications as ebilling is still active on your Virgin Media account.

Statement date

email date & time

21/11/2013 22/11/2013 3:01 AM

19/12/2013 20/12/2013 3:33 AM

21/01/2014 21/01/2014 10:33 PM

20/02/2014 20/02/2014 6:12 PM

20/03/2014 02/04/2014 2:57 PM

23/04/2014 24/04/2014 7:12 AM

22/05/2014 22/05/2014 6:49 PM

19/06/2014 20/06/2014 4:47 AM

21/07/2014 22/07/2014 2:11 AM

21/08/2014 22/08/2014 1:07 AM

19/09/2014 20/09/2014 1:59 AM

21/10/2014 22/10/2014 5:26 AM

During your web chat conversation Adam raised a disconnection order for your Virgin Media, which by taking the standard 30 days notice fromthat date will complete on the 15th November 2014.I can see from your Virgin Media account notes that you put in an indemnity claim with your bank for £830.71 on the 20th October 2014 underthe Direct Debit Guarantee scheme. This scheme does refund incorrect direct debit draws but I need to tell you that you ve been charged correctly for your monthly services according to your Virgin Media accountnotes so these payments were correctly drawn and remain payable to us. As a goodwill gesture for your experience though, I have added a credit of £49.90 for the final month service charge up to the 15th November 2014.If you want to confirm the notes that were added to your Virgin Media

account then you would need to make a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR).

This request would need to be made in writing, enclosing a £10 chequemade payable to Virgin Media Payments Limited, to:

Chief Executive s Office

Virgin Media

PO Box 238

Manchester

M22 0WJ

I m really very sorry about your whole experience so I hope I ve been able to detail my findings and fully address the concerns raised in your correspondence. I would like to think that you may consider returning to us as a customer in the future.If you do still need to speak to me about this issue then please contact me directly by telephone to discuss your complaint. My number is 0345 234 xxxx and my extension number is xxxx. I am normally available on weekdays between the hours of 9am and 6pm, or one of my colleagues will be able to take a message for me to call you back.

Kind Regards

Malcolm Coombs

Virgin Complaints

Miss # contacted CISAS and we received the case here. As a courtesy I called Miss # to advise her that I had got the case and would be responding to CISAS. I left a voicemail for Miss # to contact me.

28/10/14 19:56:08

called customer and left vm and will let them know have the cisas case and will be responding to cisas

All the below calls were made by credit control calling the customer due to the amount of debt that was outstanding on the account. The calls either went unanswered or 3rd party disconnected the call.

31/10/14 D7748758

** 3P **

THIRD PARTY ML

31/10/14 15:22:48 D7748758

3p claims wrong number and hung up.

03/11/14 D7687433

** 3P **

THIRD PARTY ML

03/11/14 E7745818

** 3P **

THIRD PARTY ML

03/11/14 12:18:08 E7745818

3p said removed this number because this no longer a contact number of ach

04/11/14 C7726500

** AM **

ANSWER MACHINE ML

Conclusion

Miss # contact Sky in April 2013 and they ported her existing telephone number over as per the normal process. Its not however the Sky process to cancel the customers TV or Broadband. The only reason that they cancel the telephone line with us is that the lbne has to stay active for it to be ported over so the request has to come from them not the customer as if the line gets cancelled before they take the services then Sky are unable topprovide the existing telephone number

Miss # didnt call us again in between porting the number and the contact she made on 23rd October this year. Although Miss # says that she had no knowledge until she received her bank statements that she had the services still active and that she had no idea she was paying the £49.90 a month is the customers responsbility once they sign up to emailling to check their accounts online. The reminder emails that she was sent each month are sent for the purpose of reminding the customers that the money is to be collected from their account shortly in order for them to contact us if there are any problems with the bill. In Miss # case there were 12 seperate emails sent to her active email address informing her of the bill that had been produced. We know that this email address is active as its the one she has supplied with the case.

Although Miss # had the Sky services she was still able to view the cable TV as the signal was still going to the house and we have no way of proving that she was unable to view that service. Although Miss # says she had not got the equipment set up it was still in her possesion and able to be viewed.

I can confirm that there was no usage on the broadband but again if we dont received a cancellation request the service is still there as is the equipment for her use until its cancelled and the equipment returned.

Once we received notification that Miss # wanted to cancel the TV and broadband the agent that dealt with the complaint as a gesture of goodwill added a credit to the account for £49.90 on 23rd October to cover the last months bill. In other words although we took 30 days notice as per our Terms & Conditions but credited that back so that they didnt have to pay.

Please see section J1 where it states that 30 days notice is required.

Miss # cancelled her direct debit which is fine as she had cancelled the services. The bills that she had paid however were correct and charegable and the indemnity claims that she did with the bank however should not have been done as the charges were valid and therefore this amount was added back onto her account.

Please see exert from the Terms & Conditions regarding customers cancelling their direct debit payments such as in this case stating that Virgin Media can a dd a default which will apply in this case. This is in section 3D under billing.

I have as a temproray measure whilst CISAS investigate the case added a credit for the total balance onto the account and removed the account from debt recovery to stop any phonecalls or letters being sent. Once a decision is made then this will be ammended occordingly.

so thats what i have recieved. what a headache. i have never recieved any emails from vm. That is my active email. hoever that is not my mobile number anymore. i would however not be prepared to talk to them either. have no idea how to even start repsonding to this. i do not have a single vm equipment, have never used the tv or internet or phone line in this time. furthermore i have the top package from sky where i pay £90 a month for movies sports bb phone line etc and have a box upstairs wich includes a second box upstairs. why on earth would i find a virgin box where i have no line and watch basic tv package with virgin media? i have always had movies and sports with sky. furthermore i am a she and they seem to have so many spelling mistakes. no idea how to respond to that headache.

Feel so angry.

Whatever you reply they will find in VM favour, a bit like 1st stage appeal to parking tickets.

Just point out that they deliberately erased your cancellation phone call from their record (as they do with anyone else) and illegally continued to charge you.

Why on earth would you cancel only the phone line and not bb and tv if you were about to subscribe to sky?

Cisas will probably imply that you are nuts, called VM and said: "I'm getting my services from sky from now on, but please, just port my phone number to them and keep on sending tv and bb signal to my house because I really like paying for services I don't use or need"

Waste of time.

It will have to be county court, unless you believe in miracles.

what the astonishing thing for me today is when i went onto my wireless networks on my laptop vm came up!!! it has never come up before (iv never ever used it in all this time and never has it come up) its like they switched it on! i have no vm equipment at all.

would it even be possible to have a sky landline and vm tv and bb?

i dont even know how to start to reply to their email. again am conscious they will default my account or have done? i dont understand the email and the spelling is so bad!

i am happy to go to court if necessary as i know i have done no wrong, never used their services since may 2013 and have none of there equipment or bills sent to my email at all. i would prefer not to have the stress but will do what i need to.

also as i said i have the full sky package upstairs and downstairs. why on earth would i use there basic tv package i had for £46 including bb and landline( u can imagine how basic it was) when since last may i have full sports movie channels the lots up and downstairs? idiots they are.

any help writing a reply? sorry just dont know how to even start :(

I can confirm that it is possible to have your telephone service and broadband supplied on the same line, but from different providers.

A few years ago I had services supplied in this manner, although I have them from the same supplier now.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

The VM WiFi signal you're getting could be coming from another property in your neighborhood.

Or maybe not and they just activated it to show that you're using their service.

Make sure you block access to this network via your pc/laptop settings.

From their response to cisas apparently they've temporarily balanced your account by crediting £900 to it and they will wait for their decision.

I think whatever you write to them now will be ignored because they want to wait for cisas.

Anyway, if you want to give it a go, write a draft and post it here so it can be looked at and amended if necessary.