The question of mwa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

dont forget it is against the law to work more than 40 hours a week so if u do 30 hours MWA then u can only do 10 hours work max

Source?

Im expecting you to come back with working time regulations.

Be careful in your interpretation :)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/1833/regulation/4/made

48 hours per week but its not straight forward as that

1) Must be calculated over a reference period of several weeks/months

2) Can be opted out of.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Source?

Im expecting you to come back with working time regulations.

Be careful in your interpretation :)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/1833/regulation/4/made

48 hours per week but its not straight forward as that

1) Must be calculated over a reference period of several weeks/months

2) Can be opted out of.

Yes but im looking for full time work and my JSAg says upto 48 per week so they must go by that ruling

TJR JNR

Yes but im looking for full time work and my JSAg says upto 48 per week so they must go by that ruling

I suggest you review your information. The op has put a link to the dwp handbook.

also please do not say something is against the law when it is not.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I suggest you review your information. The op has put a link to the dwp handbook.

also please do not say something is against the law when it is not.

Erm my info is fine thank you im going by my JSAg so it must be write i suggest u do your home work

TJR JNR

Can they send you to work for 48 hours a week? Or is it slave labour for 30 hours per week but available 48 hours per week?

You could say available for 48 hours between monday and friday or at least push for sunday off as you are a christian :-)

dont forget it is against the law to work more than 40 hours a week so if u do 30 hours MWA then u can only do 10 hours work max

Where in Law does it say this?

Erm my info is fine thank you im going by my JSAg so it must be write i suggest u do your home work

your JSAg does not equal the law

in post 25 you say its against the law to do 40 hours

Later you change your mind to 48 after I point out the working time directive

I have asked the site team to review this thread

your JSAg does not equal the law

in post 25 you say its against the law to do 40 hours

Later you change your mind to 48 after I point out the working time directive

I have asked the site team to review this thread

And? It was a genuin mistake, stop trolling nearly all my posts people have found useful and no you cant work more than 48 hrs a week, get off your high horse

TJR JNR

And? It was a genuin mistake, stop trolling nearly all my posts people have found useful and no you cant work more than 48 hrs a week, get off your high horse

pretty sure im not trolling. Im being accurate.

Yes you can work more than 48 hours it is called the working time directive opt out.

I am glad that you feel others have found your posts useful. I just hope they were right.

I doubt correcting errorness advice counts as trolling. Trying to pick fights by telling people to climb off their high horses just might though.

Hopefully A member of the site team can provide the op with some clarity.

pretty sure im not trolling. Im being accurate.

Yes you can work more than 48 hours it is called the working time directive opt out.

I am glad that you feel others have found your posts useful. I just hope they were right.

I doubt correcting errorness advice counts as trolling. Trying to pick fights by telling people to climb off their high horses just might though.

Hopefully A member of the site team can provide the op with some clarity.

My understanding is that this is a discussion thread rather than advice. Good practice if you make an assertion about laws or rules is to post the source of the information so people can check it for themselves.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks dude,

Appreciate the thread.

I've got my placement next week, it's working in RSPCA charity shop.

Not that bad I guess, I like the RSPCA but I almost had my hopes up that is was work in an animal shelter or something.

That'd have been good.

You said now you are armed with information that you'll use if there is a hint of making you do MWA again? i'm under the impression though there is nothing you can do if they decide to send you on it? or am I wrong and there is a way out?

Thanks dude,

Appreciate the thread.

I've got my placement next week, it's working in RSPCA charity shop.

Not that bad I guess, I like the RSPCA but I almost had my hopes up that is was work in an animal shelter or something.

That'd have been good.

You said now you are armed with information that you'll use if there is a hint of making you do MWA again? i'm under the impression though there is nothing you can do if they decide to send you on it? or am I wrong and there is a way out?

Well when the advisor at your jobcentre plus puts you forward for MWA they are supposed to discuss how it would benefit you to do it - i guess if you have already done it once that you could always argue your point that doing it twice would have no extra benefit to you finding work

TJR JNR