£60 invoice for 15 minutes, help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my female friend/girl friend paid to stay in a Hotel, she doesn't drive.

She asked me to come and see her as she was having trouble at home etc,

she said there was parking there and that as she had booked a twin room,

I could stay if I wanted to,

she told me that her booking informed her there was parking available for guests,

the tricky part is one section Booking conditions:

it says free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed) and then another part it says,

A) there is no check in desk,

remote door access codes are given,

B)All reservations will be provided with 1 free car parking space.

Guests must provide the car registration when they complete their reservation using the Special Requests box,

or before arrival using the contact details found on the booking confirmation.

Additional parking spaces must provide car registrations and an additional costs will be applicable.

I have told them this, I even showed the copy of her booking,

I was only there for approx 15 minutes, the company is NPE Parkingprotection.

They say I was there for 30 minutes and I will have to pay the charge,

All correspondance has been by email and now they want my address and if I don't give it they will obtain it from DVLA...

What should I do as I only have today to pay it before it goes up to £100 then more.....

Edited by londongeorge
still editing oops

Right, the name of the parking firm is parking protect?

They are the same company as who? The hotel?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

http://www.parkingprotection.co.uk/ these guys.

You need to appeal the ticket direct to them, they in turn will send you a POPLA code, and you then appeal to them, they then should see in your favour and you pay nothing.

http://www.parkingprotection.co.uk/appeals.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi thank you all who are trying to help me, I have appealed to them via email as stated on the ticket, byut they now say I must give them my address or else they will get it from dvla, do i have to give them my address? I haven't been given a code? Also i'm worried if I don't pay today they will put up the charge tomorrow to £100

Thank you, I have spoken with popla and they seem to agree with me that my parking notice does state that I can appeal by email, yet parking protection have emailed me to say if I do not give them my address, they will reject my appeal and obtain it from dvla, this sounds like blackmail?

Other guests have stayed at this Hotel and been charged too by parkingprotect, apparently its the same company.

Are the Hotel and parking company one and the same?

If not, have you complained to the Hotel about it?

Regards

CookieRocks

my parking notice does state that I can appeal by email, yet parking protection have emailed me to say if I do not give them my address, they will reject my appeal

Then that should speak volumes about the sort of outfit they are, and if you have that in writing/email then send a copy of that along with your appeal to POPLA.

It doesn't matter how they get your details, you need them to give you a POPLA code, don't give in to the silly children, let them spit their dummy out.

I believe they are, because after appealing to parkingprotection I also emailed the Hotel in hope that they would see sense, the manager emailed back saying that I parked there for 30 minutes, my car was monitored and the charge has to stand. This led me to believe that indeed they are the same, Hotel and Parkingprotection.

What sort've invoice is it? Is it an ANPR type? Which hotel is this? I'm confused as to how they would be the same entities.

Regardless, as Bazooka Boo says, appeal and get the POPLA code. How they get details is their problem, you don't have to name the driver or provide them with any addresses.

Let them reject your appeal and they have to give you a POPLA code. Once you've got that, then it can be dealt with relatively easily I think.

Others will pipe in too I hope.

Regards

CookieRocks

If you are the registered keeper, then do not contact or reply to NPE anymore.

Let them get your details from the DVLA... and pay for it.

This was a windscreen ticket (NTD), and I suspect it was the hotel using the self ticketing method;

http://www.parkingprotection.co.uk/Nationwide-Parking-Control.html#photopark

Interesting that their ticket shows it is for breach of contract and they pay the landowner commission....

There's a small fee to benefit from the NPE system - from only £40 per year - and you are not tied in to any lengthy contract. All we require is a signed statement from you allowing us to issue Parking Charge Notices on your property.

If you are using option 1 and issuing the PCN yourself, you will need to sign a statement confirming that you have read, understood and will abide by the British Parking Association Code of Practice.

Every month we send you a statement that shows all the PCNs issued. It also shows whether they have been paid within time, if they are late, or if they have gone to appeal. Each statement will also show your commission calculation for the month. NPE pays you 10% of all paid PCNs using Photo Upload/CCTV, and 15% using the Self-Ticketing option.

All of the above options are customer friendly – should a person who has received a PCN turn out to have authority to park, you can simply request that the PCN is cancelled immediately.

So, are the hotel members of the BPA? No so therefore the parking co is in breach of the DVLA's authority for automated searches as they are passing the information on to a third party. A minor detail but still something to hit them with later as a complaint.

Now, I would ignore these people for the moment and force them to make the next move, which costs them money. They have to send a notice to owner/keeper to you between 29 and 56 days after the date of the screen ticket. Outside these times and it is not compliant and they cant claim from the keeper. Plenty more to hit them with later but it may all just blow over.

As an aside, get your friend to ask the hotle for £60 to be knocked off her bill as they have clearly breached the contract enterd into when booking by failing to provide the necesary booking in of the vehicle. A card chargeback will be the best method and make sure they know why it is being done. You may well find that the ticket can be cancelled after all.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/

Send a comment about this Hotel on Tripadvisor above, warn other unsuspecting victims to avoid them like the plague,

once they start losing trade they'll soon kick the PPC into touch, don't forget to mention that the hotel isn't a member of the BPA

and issues tickets.

Hi All, This is what I recieved today:

Dear Mr

We have responded to you more than once and as you have failed to provide a postal address your appeal has automatically been rejected.

Regards

Appeals Team

No code popla code etc, and 16 days after the initial notice was placed on my car, so what should I do now please?

you now wait for them to write to the keeper of the vehicle (which costs them money) and then you write to them as keeper appealing the charge under any grounds and when they respond you get the POPLA code and you appeal again.

And your appeal to POPLA will see the charge cancelled...

Many thanks, DVLA confirmed today that if my address is asked for by parkingprotection then they will give it, regardless of The hotel not being a member of BPA as the parking company are BPA approved even though it is a self ticketing operation.? in reply to the post about DVLA.