style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-x i have used south west trains for many years and found that a lot of there staff are very rude, lazy and aggressive.

i have been cheated in buying a ticket, i have been spoken to rudely and as if I'm a piece of sh*t, staff are lazy and don't know when the trains are going to arrive, or why there cancelled or delayed, i have even been dragged to one of the supervisors at waterloo station barriers because i didn't have a ticket by a young enthusiastic member of staff and was shouting to his superior while dragging me to I'm shouting (iv caught one i caught one) i had to explain that i could not buy a ticket because there was a power cut or something where the ticket off was closed, the machine was closed and i could not top up my oyster card or purchase a ticket because there was no power around the area,

Has any one had any bad run ins with staff on south west trains??

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'm wondering why you have asked about this, do you have a current problem with South West trains please?

My best, HB

Hey, Yes I am sick and tired of the way there staff treat passengers, as if they have committed a crime (as if everyone is a fare evader) or the staff are so lazy and make you feel as if you are bothering them when you need help, its not right or acceptable, the prices keep going up each year but the service is the same,

its not right!

Hi Com

Welcome to CAG

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Dragging a consumer isn't great, there's probably CCTV footage available which can be requested.

Sent it to:-

Mr Tim Shoveller

Managing Director

South West Trains

[email protected]

thank you

I want to see if anyone else has had bad experiences on south west trains too

I travel on SWT every working day. It's expensive and frustrating when the trains go wrong. But I've no beef with the staff, who have always been polite to me. And to be honest, I completely support their efforts to crack down on fare evasion: I pay a small fortune for my ticket, so why should someone get a free ride?

we all have different experiences with them,

I understand what you mean about fare evasion but when you do pay for a service and the staff still treat you like sh*t its not right or acceptable

I travel on SWT every working day. It's expensive and frustrating when the trains go wrong. But I've no beef with the staff, who have always been polite to me. And to be honest, I completely support their efforts to crack down on fare evasion: I pay a small fortune for my ticket, so why should someone get a free ride?

Just think how many obnoxious rude and aggressive passengers they have to put up with on a daily basis.

True but its there job to be polite and to be helpful, if not whats the point of them having a job, there at the front line and are meant to deal with customers in the right manner,

seen bad policy at Reading station = they pounce on customers near the exit gate oir even if you are near by = thugs came to mind, not polite with the passengers at all, and I was passing thru awaiting a connection, and what I noticed was next to disgraceful proeedure no politness shown to the passengers involved.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I think there might be more to this than meets the eye. Comixmind, why are you so eager to find out others' negative experiences? If there's an issue, you'll gain better advice being open and honest about it.

• Haha 1

If you have a specific issue in mind, as rebel has already said, the right thing to do is to make a formal complaint, but broad generalisations will not result in any action by TOCs management.

Perhaps you might like to give an explanation of the specific case that you feel aggrieved about? I'll be perfectly honest, your description of any member of revenue protection staff 'dragging' a traveller anywhere whilst shouting 'I've caught one, I've caught one' does sound so implausible as to get little attention from management in my experience.

As rebel points out, barrier lines and station concourse areas are covered by CCTV and in these times, where job security isn't what it once was, all staff are acutely aware that their actions can be observed just as the actions of difficult travellers may well be recorded too.

In the scenario that you describe there will be a record of any power failures and more importantly, the technology employed means that ticket machines and Oyster validators are generally monitored for availability at all times, so there is always a means of verifying your story.

Stigy makes a very valid point in that, if you have a specific complaint, any alleged experiences relayed third hand and relating to entirely unconnected matters gleaned by query on an internet forum will not help your individual case in any sense.

If you want assistance from the forum regulars it's probably best to give a full description of your specific incident, leaving out any details from which you can be identified and leaving out the emotive opinion, but giving the full facts as to what actually happened in order that we can see whether we can help with useful suggestions.

I agree with the above, use their complaint channels, I was badly treated by staff at greater Anglia, my complaint resulted in apologies from CEO and head of revenue inspection, some compensation and was told the staff were reprimanded/re trained. A good outcome.

• 3 weeks later...
and Reading -SWT? are you sure?

Whilst SWT do come into Reading station, last thing I knew was that FGW ran Reading station.

FGW do run reading, although SWT may have their own dispatch staff....can't say for sure though?

So it must've been FGW staff then, not SWT 'pouncing on passengers' on the concourse.

Have to say though staff IME don't have the time or inclination to pounce on law abiding passengers for a whim -perhaps you should have stayed longer and taken an interest in exactly why they 'pounced' rather than just assumed the poor passenger was innocent and the staff were being aggressive?

So it must've been FGW staff then, not SWT 'pouncing on passengers' on the concourse.

Have to say though staff IME don't have the time or inclination to pounce on law abiding passengers for a whim -perhaps you should have stayed longer and taken an interest in exactly why they 'pounced' rather than just assumed the poor passenger was innocent and the staff were being aggressive?

One can only assume Mike was putting his two pennies worth in about rail staff in general and wasn't moaning about SWT staff.