Natwest business overdraft

CONFUSED49
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had a Nat West Business account with overdraft until 2012 when they decided to close it, without even trying to negotiate a repayment plan,

last couple of years for been tough with work and health issues but I was just beginning to get back on my feet.

I have never signed a overdraft renewal agreement with them, they just kept renewing the overdraft.

I have had thousands of pounds worth of charges taken.

Today I have received the attached letter in the post from a company I have never heard of

requesting that I make contact to discuss the overdraft,

referring to a recent letter I should have received from Nat West

( never received any letter last communication was April13).

Not sure what to do, would appreciate some help.

Confused49

Edited by CONFUSED49
ATTACHMENT

Hi

I had a Nat West Business account with overdraftlink3.gif until 2012 when they decided to close it,

without even trying to negotiate a repayment planlink3.gif,

last couple of years for been tough with work and health issues but I was just beginning to get back on my feet.

I have never signed a overdraft renewal agreement with them, they just kept renewing the overdraft.

I have had thousands of pounds worth of charges taken.

Today I have received the attached letter in the post from a company I have never heard of

requesting that I make contact to discuss the overdraft, referring to a recent letter I should have received from Nat West

( never received any letter last communication was April13).

Not sure what to do, would appreciate some help.

I did post this on another thread but I have had no replies, so I am hoping I will get more help here.

Confused49

• 3 months later...

Not posted for a while, but sent a CCA request out got letter back stating they were going to send statements etc, then got this one today headed statutory demand I have attached both not sure what to do, should I send them a SAR request, any advice would be appreciated :???:

Edited by CONFUSED49

Have unapproved attachments due to personal details showing. Please remove details and repost. Moved to debt collection

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Should I not acknowledge the debt,

as in their first letter in response to my cca they state the bank is under no statutory obligation to keep records for the length of time

the account has been open and can only produce a mandate and statements,

they simply cannot go back that far.

Can someone please help me I really don't know what route to take.

Well first things first calm down!

Its the weekend and people pop in and out of here.

My answer would be send an SAR asking the bank for everything they hold on you and not specifying an account number.

Get the letter done and post it on Monday at least you're being pro-active.

I'm sure someone will be along who has greater knowledge than me.

As its a bank account they are NOT covered by the CCA.

Write to the company informing them you have no knowledge of the debt and as result you want proof of the debt. Also SAR the bank

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thank you will send out first thing Monday, wasn't sure what route to take I was half way there with a SAR to the Bank but banging by head against a brick wall as how to deal with Baker Tilly, will keep posted how things are going.

It may seem trivial but the Solicitors letter uses the wrong terms in their letter in attachment 1. They use the "we" when they should be using the words "our client". Something is not quite right here.

we can not go back that far and so on.

Wait for the SAR to be returned reclaim and fees and then see what the position is a question I would be asking is who actually owns this alleged debt?!!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I know the way it was worded doesn't add up, Zinc had it first then got advised company called RSM Tenon would be their new collection agents but never got a letter from them, then out of the blue started to get letters from Baker Tilly, firstly saying I should have received a letter from Nat West stating that Baker Tilly were going to be acted on their behalf, I never received that letter. confused

1993!

if its been through zinc and tenon its prob a lemon debt

when was YOUR last use of it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When this debt was first put out for collection are you aware of whom it was sent too? As there is a new thread that may be of help to you? have a read here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?428252-FCA-requests-dodgy-letters-)(1-Viewing)-nbsp

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Confused, you say this was a business od

were you a sole trader or

a limited company od with personal guarantees?

Do you have property or assets to protect?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.