Parking Eye & Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 5 months later...
Hi,did anything come from the county courts? We have just received a Notice of intended court action from DRP. Should we fill in one of the POPLA forms or see if we get another letter from Parking Eye?

Let me guess. This letter starts...

Dear xxx

Notice of intended court action - unpaid parking charge £149.99

We refer to our letter dated xx/xx/xxxx, and note that we have not yet received payment of the amount shown above.

To prevent this case being passed to the creditor's solicitor to commence court proceedings, etc etc etc waffle waffle waffle

If I'm right, you're due another letter from DR+ yet making you a "reduced payment offer" of £120.

It's just the standard threat-o-grammes at the moment.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Ok thanks. So do we keep ignoring them at the moment?

If it's got to this stage you're well past your window of opportunity for POPLA, so I'm afraid it's a case of having to. PE might give up (stranger things have happened) on the grounds that you might not be such an easy target. Although PE also have a habit of issuing county court proceedings, but even then all is not lost if you submit a good defence statement.

Might be a good idea to start your own new thread, CLICK HERE so that we can target advice, options and thoughts directly for your particular case.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here we go again, over 12 months since the alleged offence....

It all went quiet for about 6 months then back in July I received another demand for payment letter from DRP which I ignored again. Then today I received a "reduced payment offer to avoid court proceedings £108" (was £135).

I'm not sure why they have resurrected this after all this time, perhaps now they will refer my case to creditor with the recommendation that they appoint their solicitor to commence court proceedings against me!

I have until the 17/09/2014 to hand over the dosh!

It says if it goes to court and I lose I will have to pay the fine, £135 + court fee £25 + solicitors costs £50

So even if it goes to court the max bill will be £210 so I might as well just see what happens and defend myself if it gets to that point.

Where will the hearing be? Can I request to have it at my local court?

What are my options? Any advice chaps?

Well here we go again, over 12 months since the alleged offence....

It all went quiet for about 6 months then back in July I received another demand for payment letter from DRP which I ignored again. Then today I received a "reduced payment offer to avoid court proceedings £108" (was £135).

I'm not sure why they have resurrected this after all this time, perhaps now they will refer my case to creditor with the recommendation that they appoint their solicitor to commence court proceedings against me!

I have until the 17/09/2014 to hand over the dosh!

It says if it goes to court and I lose I will have to pay the fine, £135 + court fee £25 + solicitors costs £50

So even if it goes to court the max bill will be £210 so I might as well just see what happens and defend myself if it gets to that point.

Where will the hearing be? Can I request to have it at my local court?

What are my options? Any advice chaps?

You have had no contact so far, and all you get is toothless DR+ letters...

You may get a zenith one next with another reduction of the charge.

If you get something from PE that resembles a LBA, then that can be responded to.

You can then name the driver, who is not the reg keeper , and they will get issued a parking charge notice which can be appealed and cancelled at POPLA.

For now, do nothing.

Thanks, I'll let you know what happens.

The driver.... :oops:

Well I wouldn't have said that... :rolleyes:

Let's see what comes in the post next.

• 4 weeks later...

just got my final "letter before referral for legal action" for a parking 'offense' over Christmas 2013. Ignored so many in past from PE and this parking area in Aberystwyth is notorious for congestion on the way out (I have sat for 1 hour waiting to get out).

This recent invoice is strange as we do not recall receiving an original PE letter, or previous letters from DRP (well 1 prior to this with reduced offer). As though they went straight to DRP.

I am considering writing standard letter available to DRP to say leave me alone, but wondering whether to write to PE and local retailers to explain I will be boycotting stores (of which I do apart from Lidl as I boycott Morrison's for ripping me off in store 7 times, but that's another story!). Should I write to PE to appeal along th elines mentioned in earlier posts...

MrBingley - keep us informed!

sorry - the letter:

reference: XXX Dear Daniel [ letter was personalised and stated that "I am writing to you personally because I was instructed...."]

I received your letter dated 29.09.2014 asking for payment to settle with Parking Eye for the sum of £135.00.

No previous communications from your client, Parking Eye have been received, and your letter is the first I have been made aware of it. Please add failure to be delivered by Royal Mail to your list of reasons for my failure to respond to any letters.

The debt is denied and I will not make any payment. Please refer the matter back to your client.

Please do not contact me again. Any further correspondence from you will be considered harassment and will be reported to the appropriate authority.

Yours faithfully,

Dont write anything to them. let them be stupid enough to take you to court if they want, where you can simply use GPEOL and a few other things and laugh hard at them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

sorry - the letter:

reference: XXX Dear Daniel [ letter was personalised and stated that "I am writing to you personally because I was instructed...."]

I received your letter dated 29.09.2014 asking for payment to settle with Parking Eye for the sum of £135.00.

No previous communications from your client, Parking Eye have been received, and your letter is the first I have been made aware of it. Please add failure to be delivered by Royal Mail to your list of reasons for my failure to respond to any letters.

The debt is denied and I will not make any payment. Please refer the matter back to your client.

Please do not contact me again. Any further correspondence from you will be considered harassment and will be reported to the appropriate authority.

Yours faithfully,

I should add that in Wales, if a business chooses to operate in Wales they have a duty to offer communications bilingually and show equal status of Welsh and English as an official language of the UK. All DRP letters and PE breach this specific duty as a business and therefore, you are entitled to ask for communications to be received in Welsh where reasonable (an official invoice being one such situation). I could always ask them to send it all in Welsh just to really **** them off?

I should add that in Wales, if a business chooses to operate in Wales they have a duty to offer communications bilingually and show equal status of Welsh and English as an official language of the UK. All DRP letters and PE breach this specific duty as a business and therefore, you are entitled to ask for communications to be received in Welsh where reasonable (an official invoice being one such situation). I could always ask them to send it all in Welsh just to really **** them off?

Do it! In fact, write to them in Welsh requesting this. That should really throw a spanner into the works. lol.gif

There are guidelines for public services to offer communications in both languages. Not for a private company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

There are guidelines for public services to offer communications in both languages. Not for a private company.

bugger - i just re-checked Welsh Commissioner's guidelines and they're powerless over private companies. there goes that plan... will just revert back to ignore!

Yep. They cant do anything, and if they tried court, theyd be out a lot of money for fee's as you can use a simple GPEOL defence and win. They know this, and issue claims like confetti. If they issue 100 claims, then in all likelihood 60& maybe more will get a default judgement or the person will end up paying through lack of knowledge. Of course, they issue more, and many more people pay up without challenging it, but you can see what i mean, by they dont care if they lose in court.