Atos to pull out of dwp services

happyhelper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As (I) predicted. See below.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5abc8d36-9a28-11e3-8232-00144feab7de.html#axzz2tttGCsxL

But, is it a victory ?

Well sort of yes, but the war is far from won. DWP may now make ATOS scapegoats, but will still discreetly pay them millions of pounds and may well not even condemn the French based conglomerate for not paying sufficient (if any) corporation tax. A new set of out-sourced, well paid, well oiled cronies (eg G4S , Capita, Serco) with allegedly, with previous, will then be engaged.

In any event, well done to the CAGGERS who turned out to yesterday's demo.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/feb/17/atos-fit-for-work-tests-contract - Whilst the likes of Serco, G4S, Capita, and Emma's little harpies (a.k.a. A4E) are likely to be bidders for any new contracts, the legalities of the tendering process would also see Atos being in with a chance.

The battle is not over, and if anyone thinks any of the other likely bidders would be able to do a better job, they are deluded. One only needs to look at the Olympics debacle (G4S), prisoner tagging fraud (Serco & G4S), and W2W fraud (A4E) to see what sort of mess they would make of it.

Leave medical assessments to qualified professionals who know what they are doing, i.e. the GPs and NHS.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

And BTW for the avoidance of doubt in posting the thread I clearly do not wish to encourage the sort of threats used by some activists to eliminate ATOS.

Your caution is noted with approval. CAG cannot and does not condone threatening behaviour.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

well we have no idea yet if a different company would be any better and would a different company be willing to record assessments?

I have always had the view ATOS was used simply as a shield for the DWP, so the DWP could act ignorant if the foul practice was ever found out and ATOS would be the fall guy.

I think if we get fragmented services like PIP has so a postcode lottery things will get worse. Because if there is problems then it wont be the entire country meaning less of a noise will be made.

The daily Mirror has an article but the comments below it reveal a lot about ATOS

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/benefits-uk-testing-firm-atos-3168142

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Why not retain the assessments within the NHS, as the money is retained within the state. As soon as you pay a private company, the profits they make go elsewhere. I think ATOS are French, so some of the government money will be going out of the country.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Why not retain the assessments within the NHS, as the money is retained within the state. As soon as you pay a private company, the profits they make go elsewhere. I think ATOS are French, so some of the government money will be going out of the country.

Seems an obvious solution, we appear to be in the situation where everything ends up being outsourced, ok, maybe not a huge problem in itself but it ends up being outsourced to the above mentioned suspects, all of whom have shown themselves to be seriously lacking and in some cases involved in outright criminality.

I worked for one of them and it was a despressing time, luckily I didnt stay that long and left even before my probation was completed :)

wow this iain watson from the bbc guy has worked it out.

The government don't want the tests themselves - described by opponents as harsh and unfair - questioned. The tests have been and will continue to be reviewed.

Politically ministers want the focus to remain on the private company's performance - and not on their policy.

Well it would seem the dwp already using diff people as I have had a letter from capita for an application for PIP which I haven't even filled in,,,,,,,,,start as they mean to go on hey ..........

ATOS shouldn't be allowed to opt out they should be disgraced out simple as and should be made pay back all the money of the people they lied and cheated out of benefits that they rightly deserved , then they should be made pay tax on top ....this will make whomever takes over from them think twice on the money making [problem] they had......

Good news though guys and gals, wish I could have come ....

ATOS want out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26287199

But what would replace it !

I think we can safely say it won't be doctors!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think we can safely say it won't be doctors!

Of course not! Why on earth would we trust mere doctors to make decisions about peoples' health?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

We don't seem to hear much about Capita. I know they are a bit player in the grand scheme of things but surely they should have a percentage of appeals too?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

well that would make much better since RaeUK lol and a fitting name, aren't they the same outfit that tv licensing send out to check on license non payers? am sure they are the commission based company that do that, initiating legal proceedings against people whether need one or not I have heard lol......don't let them in if they come to your door. Heaven help us if they take over, whoever it is will be another bunch of you know whats. Re the recording assessment part? isn't that a decision made not by atos or ataloss....but by the DWP that claimants could have recorded assessments, so whoever took over it would be the same?.........I can see another battle commencing .............

We don't seem to hear much about Capita. I know they are a bit player in the grand scheme of things but surely they should have a percentage of appeals too?

I would hardly call Capita bit players, they administer council tax for many LA's, employ a good percentage of the bailiffs sent in to levy goods on council tax defaulters, and run TV licence 'enforcement'. Not exactly the ideal credentials to run WCA's but that won't stop HM Gov considering them for the contract.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I should have been clearer. I meant in the capacity of the WCA, not the rest of the work they do.

Found this from April 2013 - seems they did mean to start out well.

The DWP are refusing to let Capita give claimants a recording of their personal independence payment (PIP) medical, even though Capita want to do so, a minister has revealed.

When Capita won the contract to carry out PIP medicals in the Wales and Central England, two issues stood out. One was Capita’s desire to carry out most medicals in claimants’ own homes, the other was their eagerness to record every medical and give the claimant a copy of the recording.