Removal of telephones in jcp's

LongHairedLily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sometime ago I requested clarification regarding the removal of courtesy telephones for claimants within the JCP'S. My local MP addressed this question to IDS, now some months later I received a copy of the letter sent to my MP clarifying the situation.

This is the response below.

Dear John

Thank you for your letter of 11 November 2013 on behalf of one of your constituents regarding the withdrawal of Customer Access Phones from the Jobcentres. I apologise for the delay in replying.

There is an intention to commence the removal of the phones from the (my home town JCP) from April 2014. Research has shown that the main use for the phones is for benefit enquiries, usually concerning when a claimant is due to receive their payment.

The purpose of the Digital Jobcentre project is to introduce further Web Access Devices that claimants can use for both benefit enquiries and job searches.

In addition to this, there is also an assisted service available in all Jobcentres where vulnerable claimants who need to use a telephone can do so at a specific desk.

I hope my reply will reassure your constituent that when the Customer Phones are removed the replacement devices will ensure the service we provide our claimants is enhanced and not compromised.

The Rt Hon Iain Duncan Smith MP

Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

This letter has been copied word for word from the letter, with my local JCP removed for privacy of my location.

Hmm, so it looks like they might be removing the telephones, over which they presumably are not permitted to snoop and introducing web based communication - where they can !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In addition to this, there is also an assisted service available in all Jobcentres where vulnerable claimants who need to use a telephone can do so at a specific desk.

The queues were horrendous at my JCP when they had six phones available. I can just imagine the chaos if there is just one desk with a phone available.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Depending on which home phone provider you use, some do an all in one package, you pay £6 a month, regardless of the number you call, but read the small print. Most include calls to 0845.

I wasn't happy that I'd walked all the way down to the job centre this morning to find there was no telelphones there. :( 0845 numbers are expensive to call.

With new regulations coming in next year to make 0800 numbers free on mobiles, DWP should change all it's numbers ot 0800. It is a government department it shouldn't be out to make profit as if it were a private company.

That way they dont need to provide any telephones in JC's which will save the tax payer, simply use the revenue collected over the years to pay for the 0800 numbers, or the DWP may even get them for free.

That way they dont need to provide any telephones in JC's which will save the tax payer.

The telephones provided in the JCP are used for much more than just contacting DWP departments. A significant number of claimants do not have their own phones (either a land line or mobile) so need some way of contacting potential employers when the UJM adverts only give a phone number to call.

The claim to provide an assisted service available in all Jobcentres where vulnerable claimants who need to use a telephone pays lip service to the notion that a few people do not have a phone of their own.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.