Halifax current account - Robinson Way debt letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i hope somebody can give me some advice.

I have received a letter today from robinson way saying i owe halifax £241.77.

I had a bank account with halifax approximately 5 years ago which is has been closed for at least 3 years.

I have never owed halifax a penny or had any debt with anyone.

I did apply for a mortgage via a broker with halifax about 3 months ago but see no reason why it could be for that,

there was a fee of £300 paid at the time which is morethan 241 pounds in any case.

I have spoken to halifax on the phone who cannot help me locate any alleged debt.

What should i do??

Edited by gas_man

Check your credit file first, see if this is on there.

What does robbersway letter actually say?

Is it asking you to contact them as they believe you owe shallowfax this?

Ignore them until you have checked your credit files, you most likely have a common name, so all they are doing is blanket bombing everyone in the country with the same name in order to find their intended victim.

They also need to be reported to the OFT and Trading Standards for this dickensian method of 'tracing' if the debt does not appear on your credit file.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

I have moved your thread to the Debt Collection forum in view of the involvement of RW.

Sounds like this is a bank current account to which charges were added at about the time you closed the account.

Have you got any paperwork for it or have you binned it as it is a while ago?

I would suggest a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the bank to get all of the information they hold on you. The information you get back should include copies of statements or a transaction history showing the details of what happened on the account at the close.

There is a template for SAR in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page on green. The cost is £10 and they will have 40 days to comply. If you can, send it by some trackable method so you know when they receive it.

If you wish you could also send the "Prove It" letter to RW which is also the CAG library.

If you have spoken to Halifax and they can't locate any such debt I would be sending Robbers Way a 'prove it' letter, suggesting that they substantiate the amount that they are claiming, or alternatively ignoring them altogether until they come up with more details voluntarily.

Have you had a credit card through Halifax at all in the past? Maybe an Aqua card?

If not, then back to Paragraph 1, but do not under any circumstances be tempted to phone RW - keep everything in writing!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

What they said ^^^ :-)

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

DO NOT PHONE THEM!! They will swear black is white in order to try and extract money...

See Post #3 in that case - a SAR will prove any account details and additions of charges etc. Deal directly with Halifax and not RW in future

DONATE HERE

Can these ******s put a default on my file?

Any default should have been recorded at the time rather than several years later - if there was one on there before then it can't be put on for a second time. Worth having a look just to check if you haven't done so recently - Noddle has a basic free service.

DONATE HERE

Any default should have been recorded at the time rather than several years later - if there was one on there before then it can't be put on for a second time. Worth having a look just to check if you haven't done so recently - Noddle has a basic free service.

I am preparing the SAR as we speak, there is no default recorded on my file. Does this mean they cannot add one now?

Nope. They cant.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

"IF" they do, then you could sue them for defamation, a nice tidy four figure sum in your sky rocket!

Robbersway by name Robbersway by nature, deal with shallowfax direct.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 5 months later...

Hello, i have an update on this and would like some advice as i think i have got the halifax by the sack.

I will try and explain as best as possible.

-Halifax add default for £240 to my credit file in Sep 2013.

-I do a SAR in Feb 2014, the statements of which all show account was closed in Nov 2011 with the remaining £3.20 donated to a cancer charity.

-The only documentation showing my account still in action after NOV 2011 is the documentation from robinson way showing paypal payments taking me into a negative balance. None of the document in the sar show this.

-The SAR clearly says in the 'Current account statements' CLOSING BALANCE 0.00 SEP 2011.

What should my course of action be to remove default from my credit file?

time to ask Halifax why they have placed a default on an account they closed in 2001

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

could do it by email via the CEO email address

yes certainly mention the lack of their statements

and that robbers have produced them

are they real?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...