Iceland Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope some one can help me, I took my carer shopping in Iceland and parked in a disabled bay displaying my blue badge I never got out of my car as I am unable to walk around without having to carry a oxygen tank with me so tend just to stay in the car. Anyway shopping done Carer back in the car drive out 2 weeks later got a ticket from Excel Parking with pictures of me driving in and out of the car park. I wrote back to them explaining that I have a Mobility Car and a Blue Badge sent a copy of my Blue Badge with it they wrote back and said no I still had to pay but could appeal to Popla's which I did do they then sent me a load of papers through the post and today I have had a email from them telling me my appeal was denied do I have to pay this what can they do if I don't pay it they can't clamp or tow my car away the email said I can still pay the £60 instead of £100 but just before Christmas I do not have this kind of money and cannot believe they do not allow people with Blue Badges to park there why should you have to pay to shop at Iceland baffles me Please help if you can xxxx:smile:

Hi I hope some one can help me, I took my carer shopping in Iceland and parked in a disabled bay displaying my blue badge I never got out of my car as I am unable to walk around without having to carry a oxygen tank with me so tend just to stay in the car. Anyway shopping done Carer back in the car drive out 2 weeks later got a ticket from Excel Parking with pictures of me driving in and out of the car park. I wrote back to them explaining that I have a Mobility Car and a Blue Badge sent a copy of my Blue Badge with it they wrote back and said no I still had to pay but could appeal to Popla's which I did do they then sent me a load of papers through the post and today I have had a email from them telling me my appeal was denied do I have to pay this what can they do if I don't pay it they can't clamp or tow my car away the email said I can still pay the £60 instead of £100 but just before Christmas I do not have this kind of money and cannot believe they do not allow people with Blue Badges to park there why should you have to pay to shop at Iceland baffles me Please help if you can xxxx:smile:

Where abouts was this

Although disabled bays have no standing in law

Morally you are wrong to park there

Your carer is not disabled

They can not take your car and do not pay them either

What have Iceland said about the treatment of there customers get on to them

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

The invoice you got through the post was for an over stay was it? Or not getting a ticket from a machine?

I never got a ticket from the machine because I had shopped in there before and never see any machines and was parked in a disabled bay with my Blue Badge in the window.

So are the machines and excel new to the car park then? You need to go to the store and complain to the manager.

Can you post up your POPLA adjudication pls,without personal details.

just read this thread,puzzled????.

what was the reason for the pcn ?. you say you shopped then left and two weeks later got a pcn, was it an overstay, or none display of ticket ?,

if you did not buy a ticket, how do they know that from what you have told us?.

Excel expect Blue badges holders to pay the same fee as others and as there is no such thing as Disabled Parking on private land and have issued a ticket. IMHO the best course of action is to contact Iceland and to notify them of the course of action being taken by Excel. Please note that no discrimination has taken place so you cannot use that as an excuse.

In the meantime I would continue to ignore now unless they issue court papers which is unlikely. Now that they have rejected your appeal, they will not be very popular with a judge if they take it to court.

am in the process of writing a letter to Iceland about this. I did not realise you had to have a ticket to park as I have shopped there before and was parked in a disabled bay why would they have disabled bays in that car park if you had to pay. xx I am not going to pay this they can take me to court if they like they cant clamp or tow away my car anyway..xx

They have disabled bays because they have too, not because they want too. They can also charge you for parking in them if they so wish. Even some councils now charge when using a blue badge but normally give you extra time. Having a blue badge does not mean you can park in somebodies car park without paying. Plus in the circumstances you describe you would not have been entitled to any benefits of the blue badge scheme.

However apart from that the landowners are only entitled to the fee that should have been paid, they could have an argument that they have now had loses caused by this incident, but that would be for a court to decide. As I said in an earlier post we could have helped with an appeal to win at POPLA.

You really need the shop to cancel this for you now.

am in the process of writing a letter to Iceland about this. I did not realise you had to have a ticket to park as I have shopped there before and was parked in a disabled bay why would they have disabled bays in that car park if you had to pay. xx I am not going to pay this they can take me to court if they like they cant clamp or tow away my car anyway..xx

As stated there is no such thing as a disabled bay on private land so carefully phrase your letter to CEO at Iceland stating that you are unhappy about charges in the car park and feel you have been unduly penalised. It may help if you could send a copy of the shopping receipt to the CEO to prove that you did indeed shop at Iceland..

I have just spoken to the Manager of the store and he said the way it works is you put £1 in the machine and get a ticket then when you get to the till they give you your £1 back. what a farce sending me a ticket for £60 and he also said it is done by cameras so they can only see you come in and go out and if you don't purchase a ticket you get fined, he is having the same trouble and has given me the Head Office's phone number to call them tomorrow. But doubts that they will be able to do anything for me, so I will phone tomorrow and see what happens will post the reply I get xx

I have just spoken to the Manager of the store and he said the way it works is you put £1 in the machine and get a ticket then when you get to the till they give you your £1 back. what a farce sending me a ticket for £60 and he also said it is done by cameras so they can only see you come in and go out and if you don't purchase a ticket you get fined, he is having the same trouble and has given me the Head Office's phone number to call them tomorrow. But doubts that they will be able to do anything for me, so I will phone tomorrow and see what happens will post the reply I get xx

You must have to input you reg plate number as well then.

How have you 'got away'with it before?

I have just spoken to Head Office and explained it all to a nice lady there and she said that is absolutely disgusting and is going to see what she can do and phone me back tomorrow.. I wish I had come here first but only just found this site and am so glad that I have been telling everyone about it today xxx

The reason I got away with it before was your allowed 15 minutes without them charging you this time I was 24 minutes shows you don't it !!!!

You have to remember their sole purpose of being there is not for what they promise ie: "car park management" but to get as much money as they can from people like you who are genuine customer but happen to contravene one of their made up conditions.