Pcn issued in Stockton Heath, warrington

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a letter stating i have to pay a PCN for parking over allotted time in my local car park!

I parked at 7pm an stayed til half nine as i was attending a charity night at a local restaurant!

I have used this car park many times after 6 pm to spend an evening out an it has never been an issue before!

The car park was less than half full and as it was not shopping hours didn't think the 90 min rule applied!

After reading the posts here I am going to follow the advice to others and ignore the letter!

What i found more disturbing though is this company has used photos taken of my reg entering an leaving the car park!

Is this legal???

I feel sorry for the business's in Stockton heath if their customers are being ticketed in this way

as surely people will find other places to go where there is no threat of being 'fined'.

I for one will never use said car park again day or night!

Like someone has said on here 'thank god for the internet!'

Or i may have just paid this an been £50 out of pocket when i have no need to be!

Dont bin the letter but keep it and tell us how long after parking you received the letter and how was it addressed? Was it a notice to keeper or did it address you as the driver?

What to do next will depend on the answers you can furnish. Was the letter demand the first you knew about this, no ticket on car? were there signs at the entrance to the car park and can you read them from the drivers seat of your vehicle in the dark?

Four days after parking i got ticket through post. Addressed to me an yes there are signs!

Dont know when it changed to up to 10 pm that u can only park for 90 mins! Bloody stupid as Aldi closes at 7/8 pm!

Parked there a month ago to go for a meal an got no ticket then!

It might be addressed to you but is the letter sent to you as the driver of the vehicle or registered keeper?

Where are the signs and are they easily readable from the driving seat of a car before you enter the car park?

Do you have to pay it? No Euro car parks break their code of conduct in many ways and generally give up on motorists that tell them wheer to go. Have a look at the pack of their payment request and you will see that they want you to pay an extra £2.50 for paying them. That is against the law so they cant really question anyone else's stance.

They gave up with me after just one letter earlier this year

Speculative invoice, do some reading on here and you'll get the idea, appeal to PPC who will reject and provide with a POPLA number, appeal to POPLA remembering to include the statement that it is a punitive charge and not actual losses, check out some other posts and you have the exact wording for the POPLA appeal.

• 3 weeks later...

You've tacked on to an older thread, most posters don't come back after they get the advice unless they are one of the few who receive stamped and signed court papers, best to start your own thread if you want specific advice but you seem to have the idea.

Ignore is no longer recommended, better to do an appeal when you get the notice to keeper and then when that is rejected appeal using the POPLA code they must give you stating that the charge is not a true pre-estimate of loss as the car park is FOC

• 2 months later...
I have also recieved one of these tickets from Euro Car Parks. I shall follow this thread with interest as i have NO INTENTION of paying Euro Car Parks a single penny for my 'overstay' (of just a few minutes) in 'their' car park.

My appeal to POPLA won. ECP have cancelled the parking charge notice.

Did you win or did they just cancel? If we know the reasons for success we can build upon it, if they just threw in the towel it doesnt tell us much for the future.

Well done for getting your just desserts though

They threw the towel in, as predicted by members of this board, for whose help I'm very grateful.

I like the fact it's cost them to supply me with a POPLA number, the fact I raised questions that needed them to research and answer, the fact it dragged on, the fact that members of this board will take satisfaction from my victory, the fact that I'm going to tell local residents about the victory and the right ways to defend their rights and their case.

I'm so pleased I might just park up there again and stay over on purpose, just to make it cost them money.

I suspect that they know they are onto a loser with certain appeals so dont waste any money and time defending. i just hate to think what their next trick is.

Whatever their next trick is, if it isn't legal, the guys from this site will be right onto it.