Seetec Peterborough : re-appeal was allowed and they awarded in my favour

k2nyl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so here is a quick update. Went in on thurs to see the manger to discuss the complaint got the same answer the whole way through/ "It's in black and white. He would also type up all that had been said in this meeting. Guess what a week on nothing. Would also not provide the 3 letters that where sent after the 15th Aug, bearing in mind that's 2 weeks since I missed the first appointment. My guess is they did not even know I had missed the first appointment till the second one was missed. None of these 3 letters state anything about missing any appointments and where simply reengagement letters. 2nd letter was to make sure I had got the first one, 3rd one was to make sure I had got the 2nd one.

Same day submitted re-appeal to JC with complaint to Seetec ETC. Today found out a week on the JC never even sent them and they have been lost. So they now want me to provide all the documents again. So this will delay the process even longer.

Went in today I still have the same rude useless advisor that does not listen. When I requested a change in my complaint. as there is quite clearly a problem. Given action plan by him no discussion just given it. Which may I say I never signed. (Got Away With That Nicely) to find he has listed the dates in back to front order again (My Guess To Try And Catch Me Out Again). Yet my friends was in perfect order. Guessing he is doing this out of spite.

He even filled in an application form for me listing the most recent job as the first one I ever did, and the less recent job in the list as the one I left in June. Plus stated that I started claiming in May when I did not leave the last job till June. (Impossible me thinks)

So Sadly at the end of my wick with it all and not sure what to do next. Or who to turn to.

Edited by k2nyl
Mistake

So Sadly at the end of my wick with it all and not sure what to do next. Or who to turn to.

You have exhausted the Seetec complaints procedure and failed to get a satisfactory resolution, in accordance with "due process", you can now take it up with http://www.ind-case-exam.org.uk/ - This will cost Seetec £5,000 for the privilege. You also have the right to ask your MP to intercede on your behalf, but I gather he is a bit of a wet rag (based on what others have said).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know, my re-appeal was allowed and they awarded in my favour. What a huge weight lifted. The complaint was sent to there head office. As this is the process they said I need to follow. They are looking at it and will reply in due course. Plus surely the sanction being overturned goes in my favour against them meaning Seetec.

The saga continues, I received yet another mandatory attendance letter from Seetec yesterday.

The letter has been dressed up to look like JCP issued it. There is no reference to Seetec at all, just their address.

The letter was accompanied by a print out of this job description.

Nursery assistant required in a busy nursery setting. Roles include supporting the room leader in maintaining the welfare of children. Assisting in planning for Children's learning and development. Must have a minimum of NVQ Level 2 [sic]. (no mention of a CRB check)

For those that might not know, I am a 58 year old male ex carpenter currently on long term (24 months) ESA that has never volunteered for the WP.

Ridiculous hardly covers it.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Bet they blame it on an 'admin error' WHEN you complain about the complete unsuitability of the position!

I luckily haven't had any comeback from going on ESA and then finding some temporary work, then I still have to have a CT guided root nerve block in my neck in January - don't know what will happen after that.

I may luckily be kept on in the job after the current project is finished, the boss seems to like me and most of my colleagues are okay, its a bit of a trek but is an easy journey, only one change of train, 1 1/2 hours door to door and 15 minutes of that spent waiting for the main line train.

The saga continues, I received yet another mandatory attendance letter from Seetec yesterday.

The letter has been dressed up to look like JCP issued it. There is no reference to Seetec at all, just their address.

The letter was accompanied by a print out of this job description.

Nursery assistant required in a busy nursery setting. Roles include supporting the room leader in maintaining the welfare of children. Assisting in planning for Children's learning and development. Must have a minimum of NVQ Level 2 [sic]. (no mention of a CRB check)

For those that might not know, I am a 58 year old male ex carpenter currently on long term (24 months) ESA that has never volunteered for the WP.

Ridiculous hardly covers it.

They should have called it Odd Job Man. I would go along and see what they had on offer and bugger the description. If you don't fit in, they will not want to pay you as I think they might be able to get volunteers.

I made the mistake of not doing this before.

They should have called it Odd Job Man. I would go along and see what they had on offer and bugger the description. If you don't fit in, they will not want to pay you as I think they might be able to get volunteers.

I made the mistake of not doing this before.

Engaging with the Work Programme in any way, shape or form. Is not on my agenda.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Engaging with the Work Programme in any way, shape or form. Is not on my agenda.

My sympathies, but not my recommendation.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?408134-How-to-deal-with-the-Work-Programme

A show down meeting for me to tomorrow. I don't know if I can make a deal with merchants and thieves though.

And so the saga goes on......... Was due to get a payment today because the sanction was allowed. But because there is 2 sanctions for the same period 13th October to the 17th November. 1 was allowed and the other was not. So there going to pay me nothing even though the lying bleep on the phone said they where. So why is it that 1 was allowed and the other was not. So how can this be. So I ask what was the point in overturning the 1 sanction. Surely if they both cover the same period then it should have been lifted all together.

I'm lost and the Job Centre are totally un-helpfull at explaining anything.

I Have now received a good cause letter for failing to attend Seetec's offices two weeks ago, that's after being told by the ESA advisor, and the advisor that deals with the WP at my JCP to ignore any mandatory activity letters from Seetec.

The harassment never stops, it's a good job I'm a curmudgeonly old git else I would take it to heart!

I have a sneaky suspicion that the recent spate of Mandatory letters (mine said it was mandatory too) are to try to help justify their cause during the coming financial reviews - we have sent out x amount of letters and have had x amount of people sanctioned because of our activity....

I have a sneaky suspicion that the recent spate of Mandatory letters (mine said it was mandatory too) are to try to help justify their cause during the coming financial reviews - we have sent out x amount of letters and have had x amount of people sanctioned because of our activity....

Mine also, not from Seetec but mine tells me it is part of my ESA review and the word mandatory has been used and highlighted several times in the same paragraph.

• 3 months later...

It never ends.

After all the hassle I've had with Seetec culminating in a wrongful sanction referral last November, one would think that as Seetec have been read the riot act by JCP in regard to their constant harassment, and as their own operational director instructed Seetec Stratford to leave me alone, Seetec would perhaps of taken some notice. One would think that.

However in the post yesterday I find yet another mandatory appointment letter 'instructing' me to attend Seetec's offices next Thursday.

However in the post yesterday I find yet another mandatory appointment letter 'instructing' me to attend Seetec's offices next Thursday.

IF you go, presumably it will be a meeting with the branch manager so that you can re-educate him on certain matters ?

They have had plenty of time to get their house in order and correct any errors - Time to submit a formal complaint to the I.C.E. methinks.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

IF you go, presumably it will be a meeting with the branch manager so that you can re-educate him on certain matters ?

They have had plenty of time to get their house in order and correct any errors - Time to submit a formal complaint to the I.C.E. methinks.

Yep, It's now blatant harassment IMO. I now have a document from the DWP stating that I have been removed from the programme and an apology for inconvenience, for what that's worth, plus the original paperwork from JCP instructing Seetec to take me off their books.

Copy that letter to the people who sent you the letters confirming you have been removed, and state that clearly Seetec need to have their administration systems overhauled as clearly they are not fit for purpose.

You could always consider going to the police and taking the documents which say you have been withdrawn and then show them the one asking you to attend... ask for a crime number and state you are being harrassed unlawfully by this lot - then send the crime no to the director at Seetec.... that should make them think again.

Sent a very angry e mail off to Seetec's Operational Director this morning, and included scans of four documents that show I was referred to the WP in error, each of them also state I have been taken off Seetec's books. Kept my MP in the loop and spoke to JCP's WP liaison officer who dealt with this issue before Christmas, she described Seetec as 'sick'.

I believe Seetec's actions fall foul of the Prevention from Harassment Act 1997, let's see if I can get some redress.

Seetec Stratford are denying all knowledge of instructions by their own operations director at head office and JCP to remove me from programme and cease contact. They are also stating that the sanction doubt and sanction that ensued last December must be a figment of my imagination because the advisor can find no record of it.

They are still insisting that tomorrows appointment is mandatory and failure to attend can lead to benefits being effected despite me e mailing all evidence this afternoon.

Seetec Stratford are completely out of control, I've never witnessed anything like it.

I went to Seetec's office yesterday to get the situation sorted once and for all, after explaining to various people that 'no I wasn't there for the appointment' one of the desk jockey's actually took some action. It seems that Mr Andrew Emerson the exec director has now made the Stratford branch his temporary home, perhaps in an effort to get the house in some kind of order. Anyway said desk jockey takes my paperwork into Mr Emerson's office.

As the office is glass fronted I could see but not hear what was going on, dear old MR Emerson didn't even look up from his paperwork whilst the DJ was explaining the situation, after a couple of minutes DJ emerges ever so apologetic and explains that she's just seen all the disputes I've had with the management team on screen (a blatant lie, I was watching), and that a note would be attached to my file ensuring I would not be bothered again.

All requests to see Mr Emerson were fended of with 'he's about to go into a meeting'. So no apology from the head honcho.

No explanation from anyone as to why after being told repeatedly by JCP since last November to take me off the books they failed to do so.

No explanation as to why when a WPO7b was issued on the 4th November instructing Seetec I was to be removed from the programme, Seetec saw fit to raise a sanction doubt for non attendance on the 19th.

Now I'm pushing for the raft of complaints to land on the desk of the ICE.

Seetec are a loose cannon, they regard themselves as unaccountable to anyone, especially JCP whose staff Seetec treat with complete contempt, god help anyone placed with this nightmare firm for two years.