IUC

Marto04
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi a have a IUC with the council about my partner supposed to be living with me befor we actually declared it but we declared it 2 months ago and I've only just had the letter for the icu can anyone help please

Yes as soon as he moved in we went to declare it together but that was over two months ago but they only just sent me the letter saying her was living here befor that why would they wait that long.

when have you got a Interview?, can you get any proof that he wasn't living there b4 you declared it.? It seems to me they pick on the innocent. At the moment I am going though hell because of them :-x.

Yes as soon as he moved in we went to declare it together but that was over two months ago but they only just sent me the letter saying her was living here befor that why would they wait that long.

Evidence collection is the only reason. They don't just call people in on a whim, they need evidence to put to you prior to an IUC.

They called me in because a computer flagged up red against my name. They had two addresses and they thought I was signing on from 2 different addresses. I told Job centre 4 different times of my new address.

I have had a lot of contact with my housing officer due to rent payments and checks as I only moved in this property last November and nothing was said. I explained to my housing officer that my partner would be moving in at some point but not until his custody battle with his ex was dealt with. My partner has spent time here n yes I admit he has stopped the odd night before declaring that he had moved in but I don't see how that's different to any1 else coz he wasnt stopping every night as he lived with his mother n yes he did come before work in the morning and after work n stay til the evening to help me out with my children more so when I became I'll in march. I do have his bank statements sent to this address due to me using his bank account as I haven't got 1 coz I was declared bankrupt last may so was unable to open 1.. About a month before he moved in he started to change his address details 4 his mail but that was only so he could ensure that he received his mailatmy address.. I really don't understand why this has come about 2 months after us declaring and not before!

Get a letter from your bf saying when he moved in also get a letter from his mum, The DWP/ council get a bonus for catching people for benefit fraud but innocent are getting accused when they done nothing wrong. whens your interview what date ? Go to the C.A.B for advise. I got a solicitor for my case as I didn't know what I had done wrong and they hardly put anything in the letter they sent. I think its bad you can not get legal aid and they only gave me 5days before my interview.

I received the letter Friday midday calling me in for an interview on Monday 22nd @11am so they haven't even given me the chance to speak to a solicitor ect. My partner had recently fell out with his mother so that could be difficult :-/..

I have always been honest and hardworking I av never received benefits by not declaring information. I personally think that my partners ex has made the allegation due to her child support being dropped as now my partner provides for us now.

see I would mention this as well. I think it way to easy to accuse someone of fraud. Call a solicitor I rang one at night time and they got back in touch. Please don't go by yourself. See I had to borrow £600 for a solicitor. Have they stopped your benefit? .Its bad how long they give you. I couldn't sleep for 5days and still in hell. I've also always been honest. I thinking off going to my local MP as I've been treated like dirt and all I got was a apology. They still haven't sorted my housing payments out or council tax.

You wont go to court for a overpayment of £1,800

It is highly likely that you will if you fail to attend an IUC, and the LA have enough evidence to prosecute, which is sounds like they do.

It is bad that we can no get legal aid for this. They do it on purpose because they know a lot of people are not going to be able to get the support in the little time they give you and also they know not going to have funds :sad:. Make sure you have someone with you even if its just a friend.

It is bad that we can no get legal aid for this. They do it on purpose because they know a lot of people are not going to be able to get the support in the little time they give you and also they know not going to have funds :sad:. Make sure you have someone with you even if its just a friend.

You could just ring them and ask to postpone/rearrange for a later date so you can get legal advice. Not rocket science.

I don't think mick57 has a clue about IUC's or fraud investigations to be honest.

I don't have a clue lol I was at an interview Thursday. You can get legal advise where did I state you couldn't ? You can not get legal aid for a interview so you can not have a solicitor come with you for free.

I explained to my housing officer that my partner would be moving in at some point but not until his custody battle with his ex was dealt with.

My partner has spent time here n yes I admit he has stopped the odd night before declaring that he had moved in but I don't see how that's different to any1 else coz he wasnt stopping every night as he lived with his mother n yes he did come before work in the morning and after work n stay til the evening to help me out with my children more so when I became I'll in march. I do have his bank statements sent to this address due to me using his bank account as I haven't got 1 About a month before he moved in he started to change his address details 4 his mail but that was only so he could ensure that he received his mailatmy address..

All I can say is they have an awful lot of evidence that you were living together. A friend of mine was prosecuted and now owes £34,000 to the DWP/LA, the Tribunal held that they believed that her partner never slept at her house but that there was an emotional connection, he regularly helped with the children within the home and most importantly their finances were mixed. All of those things are the case with you.

It takes a while for the agencies to gather their evidence, hence taking their time before contacting you.

I would get yourself a solicitor and take them with you to the IUC.