BCW doorstep visit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hopefully this is posted in the right area.

My girlfriend has received a few letters from BCW chasing her for an outstanding debt of 8K from Aktiv Kapitol (think that's how you spell it, haven't got the letters with me!)

Firstly the letters are in her married name. She has been divorced nearly 2 years and has been using her maiden name again for the last 3-4 years.

She has never had a credit card/agreement with Aktiv Kapitol, so has ignored these letters.

After looking through these forums, i now believe they have probably taken over the debt from someone else.

She has checked her credit report, which shows an entry for Aktiv Kapitol starting in Sept 2007 and defaulted as of Oct 2009,

although there are no other entries for this and no payment was ever made.

There are no other credit cards/agreements shown as in arrears/defaulted.

She and her ex-husband got into financial difficulty before they split.

She is still on the mortgage of their house, but as it is in negative equity,

the mortgage provider won't release her from it until it is in profit and he can remortgage on his own, which i can't see happening anytime soon.

She lives with me but is a stay at home mum, with no income of her own other than child benefit and child maintenance from her ex.

I pay all the household bills for us all, so she just spends what little money she has on running her car,

phone bill and stuff for herself and the kids, obviously supplemented by me where i can.

Bear with me as i'm nearly there!

She has now received a letter from BCW stating that they are now going to send round a door step agent??

What if any powers do these people have, if in fact the debt is actually hers, having been passed on from an old credit card?

She has no possessions of any worth and has very little money coming in.

As she is now living with me,

can anyone go after any of my assets?

Can my income be taken into account if she has to come up with any kind of payment plan?

Any advice gladly received.

Great forum by the way!

BCW are not BAILIFFS

they are a DCA and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

IF [and a big one]

some guy in a dirty mac does turn up

politely tell him to do one.

there is NITHING they can do.

you say this is on here CRA file so what type ofcredit was it?

for the OC to sell it

to A. kleaners, there must be something wrong with the debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi welcome to CAG.

BCW and any of their fake 'doorstep agents/collectors' have exactly NO LEGAL RIGHTS whatsoever, and if they did turn up unannounced then the ONLY discussion that needs to take place is to tell them to remove themselves from your property or you will call the Police.

If they fail to vanish when told then call the Police and report that you have a stranger on your property who refuses to leave when told to do so and you believe they will cause a breach of the peace, replace the handset and watch as the beggar runs off at the sound of sirens.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi DX

Equifax just says Credit card from Aktiv Kapital, it just shows the current balance as stated above, credit limit as £0, start and default date as sept 07 and oct 09, with the only entry in the payment history being the default entry in oct 2009.

She is adamant that although she did have debts, never had a card with these people!

Aktiv Kapital Are a purchase company the will have acquired the account from the original creditor and are now the beneficial owner of the debt with all the rights and obligations of the original agreement.

So this debt will arise from a credit card provider such as MBNA, Barclaycard etc.

Make a CCA request to BCW.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Mind you, if they want to visit your doorstep, I'm sure it will make them welcome

CCA is spot on

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action