Foreign Body Found In Tin Of Diet Coke

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently purchased a tin of diet coke from a cafe. Whilst drinking said tin I discovered something solid inside of it which shouldn't of been there. I have no idea what it was - but it looked absolutely hideous.

I notified the local environmental health authority, whom collected the thing and sent it to a laboratory for analysis.

I received a message from the environmental health today, informing me that coca-cola have requested that they send them the contaminant, and they were requesting my permission to do so. After conducting their own analysis, the health authority have failed to determine what the object was. The lady I spoke with is guessing that it's some kind of yeast.

The thing is, I don't trust coca-cola.

Is there maybe a third party I could send the offending object to for an independent assessment?

If the object turns out to be a septic boil from a human foot or something equally as grotesque, I want more than a free tin of coke as compensation..

Take a sample and get it independently Analise at your expense, you only need a small sample but keep the main object safe

A mass spectrometer (to much CSI) will give the chemical compounds of the object and give an idea as to what it is

Coca Cola wont do a thing and you wont be able to make a claim if they don't have a chance to see and examin it. You have the statement of the local environmental health authority to back you up as they have seen and examined it.

Let them send it, it will be delivered with their name and address on so there's not much chance of Coke denying it.

If it should turn out to be what you hope it isn't, I hope you get enough to retire on.

Good point guys, just send a tiny sample, recorded delivery to coca cola. Paying to have it analysed privatly could be expensive and results could come back inconclusive especially if the local environmental health authority had no such luck.

Thanks for all the advice. I have given Environmental Health permission to send them a sample. If it does turn out to be something grotesque, I'm not sure I would trust them to tell me. Anyway I shall keep you informed. Thanks again.

If the object turns out to be a septic boil from a human foot or something equally as grotesque, I want more than a free tin of coke as compensation..

Did you drink it and become sick? If not there is little financial value in your "claim".