• Tweets

• quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though. A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees. https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

almost a state funeral? maybe it could've been privatised/ put out for tender? :)

A golden opportunity missed, the coffin could have been sponsored as in formula one, adverts on the sides and lid for British Gas, E-on, Capita, ATOS, and so forth.

Ticket only attendance at say £3000 per head, souvenirs and memorabilia sold at the venue, reasonably priced goody bags containing a life size poster, some boiled sweets, and a Toby jug of the 'great' lady.

Later we could have a coin operated digital grave marker that replays clips of Thatchers greatest moments, a sure fire money spinner!

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am not attempting to start a row. However, I think the words of the Dean of St Paul's expresses the views of those of us today who are sad at the passing of Margaret Thatcher:

"We come to this Cathedral today to remember before God Margaret Hilda Thatcher, to give thanks for her life and work, and to commend her into God’s hands.

We recall with great gratitude her leadership of this nation, her courage, her steadfastness, and her resolve to accomplish what she believed to be right for the common good.

We remember the values by which she lived, the ideals she embraced, her dignity, her diligence, her courtesy, and her personal concern for the well-being of individuals."

Those who have some knowledge of the person behind the media portrayal understand the meaning of this, particularly in the last sentence.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am not attempting to start a row. However, I think the words of the Dean of St Paul's expresses the views of those of us today who are sad at the passing of Margaret Thatcher:

"We come to this Cathedral today to remember before God Margaret Hilda Thatcher, to give thanks for her life and work, and to commend her into God’s hands.

We recall with great gratitude her leadership of this nation, her courage, her steadfastness, and her resolve to accomplish what she believed to be right for the common good.

We remember the values by which she lived, the ideals she embraced, her dignity, her diligence, her courtesy, and her personal concern for the well-being of individuals."

Those who have some knowledge of the person behind the media portrayal understand the meaning of this, particularly in the last sentence.

I met her over 30 years ago at a children's bravery awards. She was absolutely lovely to all the children and their parents. There were a number of celebrities there including one very famous couple who were equally well known for their left-wing views. Even they remarked on how warm she was and not at all like her public persona. Lee Jordan, now a Paralympic equestrian, was there and she picked him up and carried him up the stairs of No. 10. There were no cameras - she just saw a little disabled boy who couldn't walk up the stairs so she did the practical thing and picked him up.

Some years later a friend of mine was volunteering at the Royal Marsden Hospital in Croydon and asked her to visit, which she did. Again, almost everyone liked her, even those who didn't think they would like her and who wouldn't have voted for her.

so she has died

only decent thing she ever did

Agreed. Was looking at Yahoo News. Saw the caption Thatcher Bog.

Was not half disapointed to discover it was really Thatcher Blog.

Did not bother reading a single word. But if it was a Bog article LOL

http://uknationalforums.com/showthread.php?3330-Jack-Jones-was-alright-if-you-like-traitors

This week’s edition of Back to the Future is sponsored by Britain’s biggest union, Unite, which is calling for a general strike to oppose these ‘savage cuts’.

It was Unite’s backing of course, which helped Ed Miliband defeat brother David for the Labour leadership.

The union is the successor to the once-mighty TGWU, famously led by Jack Jones, who at the time was described as the most powerful man in Britain. He had a hot line to Labour ministers and almost unrestricted access to confidential government information.

Appropriately, last week marks the centenary of Jones’s birth, celebrated in his home town of Liverpool by a rally featuring primary school children in 1930s costume carrying trades union banners.

Unite leader Len McCluskey told the rally that Jones was a ‘great man’

What the children ought to know was that, for decades, Jones was also a KGB agent who sold secrets to the Soviets.

So, kiddies, a great man who just happened to be a traitor to his country, including his two million members.

ha ha unite. I was a rep for them for almost 6 years when they were the TGWU. As soon as they merged with another union and formed UNITE, they showed their true colours and couldnt get out fast enough. The "management" of that union are only in it for themselves. They couldnt care less about the ordinary worker, so long as they are getting their pretty hefty salaries and they get their faces in the press when something serious happens.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have highlighted the bit at the end that I overheard him saying, as I have exceptional hearing:wink:.

We remember the values by which she lived, the ideals she embraced, her dignity, her diligence, her courtesy, and her personal concern for the well-being of individuals. In Particular, the ones whom are already loaded"

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I saw Sir Mark made it to mummy's farewell, someone must have loaned him a SatNav, the poor chap's not too clever with a compass.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

http://uknationalforums.com/showthread.php?3330-Jack-Jones-was-alright-if-you-like-traitors

This week’s edition of Back to the Future is sponsored by Britain’s biggest union, Unite, which is calling for a general strike to oppose these ‘savage cuts’.

It was Unite’s backing of course, which helped Ed Miliband defeat brother David for the Labour leadership.

The union is the successor to the once-mighty TGWU, famously led by Jack Jones, who at the time was described as the most powerful man in Britain. He had a hot line to Labour ministers and almost unrestricted access to confidential government information.

Appropriately, last week marks the centenary of Jones’s birth, celebrated in his home town of Liverpool by a rally featuring primary school children in 1930s costume carrying trades union banners.

Unite leader Len McCluskey told the rally that Jones was a ‘great man’

What the children ought to know was that, for decades, Jones was also a KGB agent who sold secrets to the Soviets.

So, kiddies, a great man who just happened to be a traitor to his country, including his two million members.

Just came across this, depends if you read right wing press or not, can anyone not tell the truth for a change

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CHAQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.bbc.co.uk%2F2%2Fhi%2F8289962.stm&ei=WhRxUan6IMSxPLe4gHA&usg=AFQjCNEkH4yTWTYV4NixKW0leR_bCqjn2A&sig2=u_4XN7lCOn9cMXsD9lB-4g&bvm=bv.45373924,d.ZWU&cad=rja

May i ask

Was he ever prosecuted or sentanced for a criminal act, or was it just hearsay

Most of the labour cabinet back then were communists, that's old news

Treason is still technically on the statute books, but not a capital offence. It is now covered under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998

Curious on this one as it is educational

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guardian.co.uk%2Fcommentisfree%2F2009%2Foct%2F10%2Fjack-jones-christopher-andrew-mi5&ei=9D1xUdCwNMXdOcySgBA&usg=AFQjCNErO3mOPhuTS5Ua_LqP21o02E0u2A&sig2=sJP_ynpkA1tVK1jueZ00yA&bvm=bv.45373924,d.ZWU&cad=rja

That was the same Gordievsky who tried to claim that Michael Foot was a Soviet spy. I don't think even MI5 believed him on that one. But, you know, it sells books.

I think to tarnish anyones reputation when the are no longer able to defend it is ill advised. My position on that goes for any individual and for what ever reason. I do not recognise subjective comments, only objective based on facts

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/leading-article--michael-foots-tainted-accuser-1573992.html

Edited by squaddie

ha ha unite. I was a rep for them for almost 6 years when they were the TGWU. As soon as they merged with another union and formed UNITE, they showed their true colours and couldnt get out fast enough. The "management" of that union are only in it for themselves. They couldnt care less about the ordinary worker, so long as they are getting their pretty hefty salaries and they get their faces in the press when something serious happens.

That would be because of the AEU,s influence,the AEU was picked by TOYOTA to represent their employees NOT.I could never understand why TGWU joined up with AEU at all.

Living in the wild windy west of Ireland

Unfortunately USDAW are going down the same path as well. It is very rare to get any support from regional reps or higher, unless there is a chance of taking a dispute public. Then theyre all over it like a bad rash.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It really annoys me when i belong to an active branch with reps in all the offices, and i hear comments that reps are no ware to be seen

I go to branch meeting and central committee meetings every month, we take our positions serious and always put the member first

I used to be a rep for years, and im talking from experience. The Only person that ever seems to go to any kind of meeting is the branch chair. The company i work for atm, there are 5-6 people in desperate need of union backup, and can we get in touch with senior USDAW reps? Can we hell.

The bigggist problem is the total appathy of the members,as you say no one at meetings etc.As reguards getting in touch with senior reps go over their heads ,I used to straight to Tony Woodley when the local organiser didnt play ball.I dont know who is USDAW top crew but up the ladder go if no joy local.This is a bit off topic though.

Living in the wild windy west of Ireland

Lets get back on track

This sorry excuse of a coalition is just keeping the thatcher ideals alive. Ask yourself, what did the thatcher years accomplish, privatisation has just made cartels with major companies being heavily subsidized by the tax payer and waving extreme profits under our nose. The big bang of the financial markets has cause the biggest relapse of the financial sector this country has ever had, and its the tax payer still subsidizing their obscene profits. Two out of the three main credit agencies have now down graded the UK credit rating, and unemployment for the last quarter is up 70,000. Major think tanks and economists are saying all the same thing. Government policy is so far removed from reality they think the government is living in the twilight zone.

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They do not alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering.

The most disgusting thing is that cameron decided to authorise the government to spend 10 MILLION GBP on a funeral. Why? Because thatcher was his mentor. He didnt ask, he didnt discuss. He simply authorised it himself.