TV Licensing & Iqor Recovery - Threats to pass to DCA for TV Licence not yet due!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Have had payment plan for TV Licence. My current licence on plan starts 1 June 2013 to 31 May 2014!!

There is a plan to cover this period - but as the amount for the TV Licence is for a FUTURE PERIOD - How can they pass to DCA?

Am I missing something?

Any advices will be appreciated:|:roll::roll:

Hi

Have had payment plan for TV Licence. My current licence on plan starts 1 June 2013 to 31 May 2014!!

There is a plan to cover this period - but as the amount for the TV Licence is for a FUTURE PERIOD - How can they pass to DCA?

Am I missing something?

Phone TV licensing and find out what they are up to. I think it is Capita that do the admin and my experience has been that their systems are pretty useless.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They like to make you pay for a year in advance, quite how you know if your still going to be alive or even in this country in 12 months time is beyond me, but I guess it earns them interest and pays for their mansions and flash cars.

As for iDiot iQor, they are a dream to deal with, you can run rings round them, they got so annoyed at me refusing to pay that they handed it back to BBC, and never heard a dicky bird since!

Renegade is right, it is Cr@pita that deal with their maladministration.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

Am I missing something?

Have you ever considered not watching live broadcasts?. The way TV is shown today makes it possible to watch through catch up & on demand services ,it is possible to stop watching it " live" & negate the need for a licence fee. If that is not your choice, then ask for a payment card , or make payments every quarter. I would stop paying by DD, its a yearly tax , so pay it in bit size pieces you can afford , when you can afford.

• Confused 1

Just as a point of interest, the TV Licensing site - until about a month ago - used to have very clear guidance under, "Do I need a TV License?"

It plainly stated that you do not need one if you only watch programmes retrospectively rather than "live."

The page has recently been updated to make the definitions and circumstances far less clear. Whereas they used to state, "You don't need a TV license if you don't watch programmes 'live' or you only watch programmes via a play again service such as BBC i-Player." However, they now say:

Watching TV on the internet: You need to be covered by a licence if you watch TV online at the same time as it's being broadcast on conventional TV in the UK or the Channel Islands. Video recorders and digital recorders like Sky+: You need a licence if you record TV as it's broadcast, whether that's on a conventional video recorder or digital box.

Here's the page:

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/

I wouldn't be intimidated by their fake web site, look at all the fabrication and untruths that DCA's spout on their web sites, they all claim to use the latest tracing technology and are the market leaders etc etc etc, when we all know this is nothing more than them living in a fantasy world.

I treat the BBC with the same contempt.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Without wishing to re-open the debate on the TV licence. This is not a loophole, its the law. Sloppy journalism from the DM. The BBC have been trying to get the licence tax expanded to include the internet for a while now. It will try every trick in the book to con the government in believing that people are

" getting away " with not paying, its simple, you don`t need a licence to view TV this way.

The solution is simple, make the BBC a subscription channel like Sky, those that want to view & pay can do so, the problem then is, no one would pay for their rubbish out put masquerading as programming. IMHO, the BEEB is ultimately doomed in its present funding model.

I have been told that as my TV is digital and has inbuilt digital channels on it that I have to buy a license whether I watch it or not, so if I wanted to just watch dvd's on it I still have to buy a license, I refuse to pay yearly though and use a payment card, paying 2 weekly, and every week without fail they send me a text demanding that week's payment .....

I have been told that as my TV is digital and has inbuilt digital channels on it that I have to buy a license whether I watch it or not, so if I wanted to just watch dvd's on it I still have to buy a license, I refuse to pay yearly though and use a payment card, paying 2 weekly, and every week without fail they send me a text demanding that week's payment .....

Who told you that please !

I was told by the guy that sold it to me...he said he had to inform tv licensing as they do all sales for this equipment, and I said I may only use it for dvd watching if I cant afford license and he said it didn't matter I would still be liable for a license as its digital. Although I notice on the remote control that there are two buttons one that says analogue and the other digital.

Yes he is correct, only in that he has to inform the BBC of your details if you purchase a new TV set.

You won't have to inform anyone if you purchase one 2nd hand, and once again you are under NO legal obligation to respond to the BBC' letters, or phonecalls, or commission paid employees who might like to arrive unannounced at your property.

The solution is simple, make the BBC a subscription channel like Sky, those that want to view & pay can do so, the problem then is, no one would pay for their rubbish out put masquerading as programming. IMHO, the BEEB is ultimately doomed in its present funding model.

Except the TVL covers reception of all broadcast TV, and not just the BBC. Freely-available viewing figures also disprove your own subjective opinion of BBC output.

If you are genuinely not watching any broadcast TV, then you don't need a licence. The presence of a tuner in a TV set is immaterial if there is no aerial connected to it.

Thankyou Staraker, that is what I had believed to be the case until he told me different. Am glad you have clarified it.

From the TV adverts I have seen, they imply that they know who is using an aerial so it puzzles me why they cant work out for themselves if I or anyone needs a license.

From the TV adverts I have seen, they imply that they know who is using an aerial so it puzzles me why they cant work out for themselves if I or anyone needs a license.

Purely because if the truth be known, they have no way of knowing who is watching live broadcasts and who isn't, they have no detection equipment be it hand held or in one of their fictional detector vans.

All they have is a list of addresses in the UK that tells them who has a licence, and who doesn't, if you needed a licence then you would be made to purchase one at the point of sale of a TV.

Well of course ...Bazooka Boo, I never even gave it that much thought. It would be sign up at purchase. I noticed amongst their information about if you declare you don't need a license that they say they will visit at some point unannounced to check if this is the case, so anyone not using would have no worries on that, but if they see equipment i.e. freeview box they assume you use it, I don't have one, and the aerial is a plug in or out socket that proves nothing.

I remember once my old neighbour having a visit from a tv license guy as she didn't have one, I had just popped in with some shopping for her as she was ill with flu at the time, and she let this guy in and he was looking at the tv and pressing buttons, asking if it had been on that morning, she said no it hadn't and she hadn't been using it, and he was like asking a few times, was she sure it hadn't been on etc, I think he even put it on and had a mess about, giving the impression he could tell from it if it had been used. She really wasn't using it, she had been ill for weeks, in bed and lived alone, that day was her first day up.

They do scare people somewhat, don't know how true this is but I read an article in a paper a while back that the tv license guy can bring the police to gain entry, if they think your watching tv after stating that you don't.

I need to weigh up the worth of what I do watch against the £5.60 I have to pay weekly for it. If I didn't have to pay that it would cover the cost of my now council tax bill. Not looking for sympathy, I realise Mr Cameron feels us on benefits shouldn't even have a tv. whether we are too ill to work or not.

I read an article in a paper a while back that the tv license guy can bring the police to gain entry, if they think your watching tv after stating that you don't.

You are correct in that Police will 'attend' TVL if they have a 'search warrant', the ONLY reason for the police being their is to stop any breach of the peace that may occur.

But the presence of the police DOES NOT mean you have to allow the TVL inspector entry to your property, you are more than within your rights to tell them that they are not coming in, regardless, the warrants are fake they are simply photocopied off by the BBC and given to their employees to use against household that have not responded to letters or previous calls to that address, which YOU are NOT legally obliged to do so.

And as it is a civil matter, the use of the police is simply to intimidate you. I have had two visits in the last 18 years, both with a search warrant, both with police attending, and neither of them were allowed access, the police couldn't do anything and they agreed that I was well within my rights.

I completely agree with having to weigh up what is and isn't a priority now, especially with the continued democide the PM is carrying out, the money I save each year, now goes towards my dental health.

Except the TVL covers reception of all broadcast TV, and not just the BBC. Freely-available viewing figures also disprove your own subjective opinion of BBC output.

The TVL is solely for the purpose of funding the BBC, not commercial TV. So called popularity does not constitute quality, if you think watching chefs skate on ice or filming a man doing his job of work is decent out put then we must agree to disagree, it is the lowest common denominator, cheap TV. What commercial channels do is their business, no one pays for them, they live or die by advertising. The BBC is funded by a tax , therefore has a duty to provide , or at least attempt to provide a programming schedule that should seek to set standards, inform , educate as well as entertain. It clearly lost its way a long time ago. I am not getting into an argument with you or bothering to reply again, a thoroughly rotten & morally bankrupt organisation that should have its funding re modelled or be put out to grass.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks