UKPC in epic data protection failure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

This company still send me regular invoices despite me entering my reg number in the stores visitor log book and electronic system whenever I work in a Tesco store. I think the count is over 20. I have a template letter set up on computer with just the dates of alleged transgression blank.

http://nutsville.com/?p=4177

Also at Pepipoo... "UKPC leaves the back door open".

Should be good.

As an aside though, I wonder if UKPC will be going after the MSE and Pepipoo members who openly admit downloading the photos and linking from UKPC as well as the forum owners?

I see MSE have pulled the incriminating thread, but another one is still running.

Nutsville appear to be taking a different stance, and still have the photos up.

Must be taking some legal advice different to that on MSE.

http://nutsville.com/

Edited by peanutsallergy

I don't think the photos were password protected, only the extranet section was "protected". This from the Nutsville blog:-

The images we used in our blog post were not obtained from any forum, and neither were the images we used behind any form of username/password protection, not even a silly password such as ‘test’.

UKCP aren't claiming they were, they are claiming they were obtained without legal authority.

They weren't in any link, it may not have been password protected, but it wasn't in the public domain.

Lynnzer on MSE managed to download about 5000, (Lymmzer claims) ianderson on pepipoo ran a script (reported on Pepipoo) to display the images belonging to UKPC linked through his own website.

Be interesting to see how Nutsville are managing to display images clearly lifted from another site, and as they have already admitted they didn't come from any other forum, it'll be interesting to see where they obtained them from, as it only leaves one place, and it'll be more interesting where the ones on Nutsville are hosted, and what permissions the owners have given them to display them in the public domain.

I'll give them credit though, whois shows the site owner, it seems to be a private individual, not a ltd company, and he wants to take them on, (or at least someone does in his name, who has authority to control the site), so there must be money behind him, as UKPC will be throwing it into the ring.

Well past the 4.00pm deadline, so I guess UKPC are folding, and Nutsville win over MSE.

At least Nutsville have the balls to stand up and be counted.

Maybe the feeling over on MSE is correct, and they're in BPA's pocket, as some posters have said.

B P Collins & Co's M Brandis represented me once.

The outside claim against me fizzled out so there was no chance to see his real effectiveness - other than to render fees.

The only letters I saw that he had written 'representing' me appeared to be almost verbatim my comments to him.

But don't let this distract from the current situation. I watch with interest.

• 4 weeks later...
Not only is the article still there , but they have now published this :- http://nutsville.com/?p=4209

This tells a few home truths about the private parking "industry". Read and enjoy! That includes those PPC employees who monitor these forums.

I think that should be compulsory reading for every one.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]