Aktiv Kap/hassall SD *** old MBNA Card **Resolved by Tomlin Order**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

andyorch says this requires a custom draft, so can you please let us know when your submission date is please ?

I think it is the 30th June, yes ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just give me nudge say a week before china and we can can draft suitable response.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes China ..I have you on my " to do " list ...we can pick this up Monday

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes China currently running through your thread to digest the detail and then I will take your proposed defence and amend it accordingly ......I will have a final draft for you later this week in time to submit.

Regards

Andy

Particulars of Claim -

The claimant is an assignee of the following debt , notice of assignment having been given in writing.

UK series £xx,xxx account no xxxxxxxx - despite demands for payment the above sum remains due

Claimant therefore claims the sum of £xx,xxx .....interest due under s.69 and costs.

Defence

On the 12th March 2013 I received Statutory Demand from Aktiv Kapital in connection with this claim. I defended this on the following basis.

I made application for the Statutory demand to be set aside as the creditor is aware the debt is in dispute, the original creditor failed to comply with its obligations under the Consumer Credit Act, and I believe that the creditor in issuing this Statutory Demand is an abuse of process intended to pressure me into paying the full amount of a disputed debt contrary to the OFT debt collection Guidelines.

On the 15th May 2013 myself and the Claimant appeared before District Judge xxxxxx at xxxxxxxxl Magistrates Court. Judge xxxxxx advised me that he had received a letter from Wright Hassall Solicitors who were acting for Aktiv Kapital stating that as I had made a request pursuant to Section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act for documents they would be required to apply to the original creditor for the documents. They stated that this could take up to twelve weeks. They then stated that they would consent to demand being set aside and would obtain the necessary documents.To this date they have yet to comply

District Judge xxxxx set the Statuary Demand a side and stated that in his opinion the demand from Aktiv Kapital was an abuse of the judicial process and debt collection.

Therefore :-

1. It is not admitted with regards to the Defendant entering in to an Agreement referred to in the Particulars of Claim ('the Agreement') with the Claimant as the Defendant did not enter into any Agreement with the Claimant.

2. It is not admitted with regards to the Claimant terminating the alleged contractual Agreement as the Defendant did not enter into any Agreement with the Claimant.

3.It is denied that neither the original creditor nor the Assignee have ever served a Default Notice

3 It is denied that the claimant has ever served a Notice of Assignment.

4. It is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show that a valid Default Notice was issued; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right as an Assignee, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. As the claimant purports to be an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6. Whilst the Original creditor and the Assignee remain in default of a section 78 request they are unable to enforce without the courts permission.

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Okay China check for accuracy and/or edit to suit...copy and paste into MCOL and print off your receipt as proof of submission.

Regards

Andy

HELP !!!!!!!

Andy

thanks for the above it is much appreciated however - i have just today received from wright hassall a copy of my MBNA app form, an attached printed credit agreement (not signed by me ) , a default notice (which I have never seen before as I did not receive it) and a notice of assignment from MBNA which is not dated but says they confirm the account has been assigned to Varde Investments Ireland Ltd (is this another name for Aktiv Kapital?) it does not give the date of assignment to them but give the default date.

This obviously changes my defence somewhat !!! do you have any advice on how to proceed from here ??

The default notice is dated 7th July - the default date is 26th July and on the notice of assignment it gives the default date as the 30th June ?

This doesnt now give me much time to decide what to do !!!!!!!

any advice welcomed ! thanks CW

Hi ive just been checking dates etc and am getting totally confused. DN is dated 7th july 2010 (wed) and ive read on other posts that they were posted uk mail which was 2nd post (they did send everything uk mail asI have an envelope from one of their statements) so does this mean that the end date of 26th July is right, i think it does.

Have just checked the SAR details and they actually SOLD the debt to experto credite on the 15th July 2010 - are they allowed to sell debt on whilst DN still outstanding ? it also says on their statement they sent me that on the 30th June (the default date they have put on notice of assignment to varde ) charge-off adjustment then the amount as a minus figure , then underneath charge-off adjustment again with the amount as a plus figure then underneath that on 16th July it says Zero curbl on sold acct , then the amount as a minus figure again ?

The payment they ask for on the DN includes all the default sums and interest they put on account , I am contesting these defaults as I had at that stage written to them to ask them to freeze interest while I sorted my finances out.

Im getting a bit bogged down now as to which bits from Andys defence I should now use !!!!

thanks CW

If you have now received the paperwork (which seems rather coincidental) then you have no choice...is what you have received valid legible and correct?

the DN seems to have the correct dates - but notice of assignment is for varde investments not active capital - and the date of assignment is the 30th june - default notice is dated 7th july with end date of 26th july which is correct - but I have no notice of assignment for aktiv capital at all - im confused !!

check it probably be to vardi agents (Experto Credite) then sold on to Aktiv Kapital as my O.Hs as quite similair case to hers. her DN faulty anyway as they did not allow 14 working days as per Master of the Rolls Bickford Smith Direction. 2nd class at least 4 days for service.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

DN dates are okay - but notice of assignment is for Varde and dated 30th June - DN is post dated 7th July with end date 26th July -

Does this notice of assignment cover the fact that it was then sold to aktiv kapital or should I have another one from aktiv kapital them saying it is now assigned to them -

Im struggling with what to now use as my defence and I only have today really to get it sorted so any advice would be appreciated

Thanks CW

the CCA is my application form and then a seperate set of T&C's which I believe is considered acceptable, although there is no account number on the app form or the T&C's - so does that mean that this CCA cannot necessarily be linked to my account ?

HELP !!!!!!!

Andy

thanks for the above it is much appreciated however - i have just today received from wright hassall a copy of my MBNA app form, an attached printed credit agreement (not signed by me ) , a default notice (which I have never seen before as I did not receive it) and a notice of assignment from MBNA which is not dated but says they confirm the account has been assigned to Varde Investments Ireland Ltd (is this another name for Aktiv Kapital?) it does not give the date of assignment to them but give the default date.

This obviously changes my defence somewhat !!! do you have any advice on how to proceed from here ??

The default notice is dated 7th July - the default date is 26th July and on the notice of assignment it gives the default date as the 30th June ?

This doesnt now give me much time to decide what to do !!!!!!!

any advice welcomed ! thanks CW

I am a little puzzled If the Date of assignment is in June - who has issued the Default Notice in July !! Or are these different years ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

the CCA is my application form and then a seperate set of T&C's which I believe is considered acceptable, although there is no account number on the app form or the T&C's - so does that mean that this CCA cannot necessarily be linked to my account ?

no doubt it states T&Cs SEE ITEM 1,2,3, OF AGREEMENT? AND THEN 3-4 SHEETS OF SO CALLED T&CS????,

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Just bringing the defence forward for reference

Particulars of Claim -

The claimant is an assignee of the following debt , notice of assignment having been given in writing.

UK series £xx,xxx account no xxxxxxxx - despite demands for payment the above sum remains due

Claimant therefore claims the sum of £xx,xxx .....interest due under s.69 and costs.

Defence

On the 12th March 2013 I received Statutory Demand from Aktiv Kapital in connection with this claim. I defended this on the following basis.

I made application for the Statutory demand to be set aside as the creditor is aware the debt is in dispute, the original creditor failed to comply with its obligations under the Consumer Credit Act, and I believe that the creditor in issuing this Statutory Demand is an abuse of process intended to pressure me into paying the full amount of a disputed debt contrary to the OFT debt collection Guidelines.

On the 15th May 2013 myself and the Claimant appeared before District Judge xxxxxx at xxxxxxxxl Magistrates Court. Judge xxxxxx advised me that he had received a letter from Wright Hassall Solicitors who were acting for Aktiv Kapital stating that as I had made a request pursuant to Section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act for documents they would be required to apply to the original creditor for the documents. They stated that this could take up to twelve weeks. They then stated that they would consent to demand being set aside and would obtain the necessary documents.To this date they have yet to comply

District Judge xxxxx set the Statuary Demand a side and stated that in his opinion the demand from Aktiv Kapital was an abuse of the judicial process and debt collection.

Therefore :-

1. It is not admitted with regards to the Defendant entering in to an Agreement referred to in the Particulars of Claim ('the Agreement') with the Claimant as the Defendant did not enter into any Agreement with the Claimant.

2. It is not admitted with regards to the Claimant terminating the alleged contractual Agreement as the Defendant did not enter into any Agreement with the Claimant.

3.It is denied that neither the original creditor nor the Assignee have ever served a Default Notice

3 It is denied that the claimant has ever served a Notice of Assignment.

4. It is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show that a valid Default Notice was issued; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right as an Assignee, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. As the claimant purports to be an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6. Whilst the Original creditor and the Assignee remain in default of a section 78 request they are unable to enforce without the courts permission.

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Okay China check for accuracy and/or edit to suit...copy and paste into MCOL and print off your receipt as proof of submission.

Regards

Andy