Aktiv Kap/hassall SD *** old MBNA Card **Resolved by Tomlin Order**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would do it directly with the solicitor.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hi could someone please take a look at my draft letter to sols, wasnt really sure what to put - many thanks CW

I write with regard to the above claim.

Further to receiving requested documentation I would advise that I will not be continuing with my defence based on lack of said documentation.

However, this debt was sold on whilst in dispute. Charges and interest continued to be added while the debt was in dispute. In November 2009 MBNA increased the interest rate from 1.09% to 1.59% without any prior notice. According to paragraph 11b of their terms and conditions they should have advised me of this rise at least 30 days before it took effect, this was not done and this placed me at an immediate disadvantage.

I therefore dispute the total amount of this debt.

I look forward to hearing your views on this matter.

Sounds ok to me :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hi could someone please take a look at my draft letter to sols, wasnt really sure what to put - many thanks CW

I write with regard to the above claim.

Further to receiving requested documentation I would advise that I may be considering withdrawing my defence which was initially based on lack of said documentation.

However, this debt was sold on whilst in dispute. Charges and interest continued to be added while the debt was in dispute. In November 2009 MBNA increased the interest rate from 1.09% to 1.59% without any prior notice. According to paragraph 11b of their terms and conditions they should have advised me of this rise at least 30 days before it took effect, this was not done and this placed me at an immediate disadvantage.

I therefore dispute the total amount of this debt.

I look forward to hearing your views on this matter.

Regards

Andy:thumb:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi i have just received the following response to my letter to WHassal - could somebody tell me what the best response would be , given that I do not have any lump sum available to settle with so would have to initiate a repayment plan of some sort ? thanks CW

WITHOUT PREJUDICE SAVE AS TO COSTS

Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS Zug Branch – v –

Claim Number:

We refer to your email of 24th July 2013 and its attachment in which you indicated that you are considering withdrawing your defence in light of the fact we have now complied with your request for documentation relating to your account.

We note your comments about the change to the interest rate and that you dispute the total amount of the debt. Our records show that you owe a total of £15,017.22 (including our costs). We would welcome your thoughts on how much you believe you owe us – our client is happy to negotiate a settlement that is agreeable to both parties if this can avoid proceeding to trial where both parties will inevitably incur further expense. However, we would draw your attention to the fact that we do have a substantial amount of documents supporting our claim and therefore we are not concerned about the strength of our current case.

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Have they provided you with sight of this "substantial amount of documents" which they are going to use to support their claim ?

Have you worked out the difference that the increase in interest made to the balance of the debt ?

If you have statements from that time to the date that they ceased adding interest then you should be able to work that out.

Then perhaps you could enter into an instalment agreement by consent order !

I will send an S.O.S to andyorch, although I would think he has notice that you have posted.

BCOBS

" We would welcome your thoughts on how much you believe you owe us – our client is happy to negotiate a settlement that is agreeable to both parties if this can avoid proceeding to trial where both parties will inevitably incur further expense."

Thats the relevant point CB the documentation they have provided may have slight defects but not enough to challenge or push the defence through.

There you go, China.. if you can work out how much that unadvised interest came to over the balance outstanding from that point to the current date, then that is what you can question (ask to deduct).

Then of course you need to work out what type of repayment schedule you can genuinely stick to.

BCOBS

If she could try to push for a Tomlin Order then we can suggest a good schedule that protects her and attains a good out come.

And this..

BCOBS

I will ask for you China :)

BCOBS

I have left a message for andyorch, I don't think he is online at the moment. I am sure he will respond as soon as he is :)

BCOBS

Are we up against the clock with your response ?

BCOBS

Test the water with around 40% of the debt as the banks and card companies do not like these type of accounts on their books. You never know they may agree' date=' if they don't up it a little.[/quote']

A suggestion for you :)

BCOBS

Ok, so you have until tomorrow. Andy will be around then , I am sure. I am sorry, I simply don't know the answer :)

BCOBS

Hi i have to submit letter tonight as I wont be able to get on computer properly tomorrow as a working, is there any body at all out there who could advise if the following is okay to send ?? many thanks

Re: Claim number

I write with regard to the aboveclaim.

I dispute charges and interest tothe amount of £2031.22. This would makethe account balance £12,986.

I would be willing to enter intoa repayment schedule via Tomlin order. This would be at an amount of £5.00 per week.

I look forward to hearing yourviews on this matter.

Yours faithfully

That looks ok to me :)

BCOBS

Hi i have to submit letter tonight as I wont be able to get on computer properly tomorrow as a working, is there any body at all out there who could advise if the following is okay to send ?? many thanks

Re: Claim number

I write with regard to the aboveclaim.

I dispute charges and interest tothe amount of £2031.22. This would makethe account balance £12,986.

I would be willing to enter intoa repayment schedule via Tomlin order. This would be at an amount of £5.00 per week.

I look forward to hearing yourviews on this matter.

Yours faithfully

With over 50 years to pay the debt back, I think that's likely to be rejected

With over 50 years to pay the debt back, I think that's likely to be rejected

Not necessarily. The assignee would have paid peanuts for the account – so they will more likely look at the return on investment, rather than the headline figures.

That said, you are right – sure they’d press for more. But it’s a starting point for negotiation. The court may rule it’s a fair amount.

Its really for the Claimant to suggest a Tomlin Order as they will draft it.Nothing to stop her suggesting it or even a Consent Order.

Apparently it is for the Claimant to suggest the Tomlin order as they will need to draft it. But as you can see from above, there is no harm in your making the suggestion.

In response to batty's comments - if there is a review built in then perhaps at some stage china will be able to increase the instalments.

BCOBS