style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You said the defendants application was adjourned. What exactly does the judgment say and what exactly is tomorrow's hearing about? I thought it was to get the CO.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I meant my application hearing for charging order was adjourned, (am tired)..

Ah I get you now. Well he needs to get a set aside before he can defend so don't give up hope yet.

Do you have anything else with his signature?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ah I get you now. Well he needs to get a set aside before he can defend so don't give up hope yet.

Do you have anything else with his signature?

Oh yes, I know and he knows it is his signature. I have other paperwork with his signature on it. He has run out of ideas and is trying anything to delay. I will just carry on as he is not getting away it. One good thing is his application has cost him £155.00 (I think it was). Welcome to him to the real world..

I will phone the court in the morning..

Good idea to ensure clarification. Get a name of who you speak too.

As Caro says, he's had to engage. I think the signature denial is to put a spanner in the works, he's put himself in a very tricky situation with that. SG has highlighted his problems with such an accusation.

Keep the faith CD

Case adjourned pending his application to set aside CCJ. In the mean time interim C/O will continue. What does he now have to prove in his set aside application..

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part13

Edited by Andyorch
Link corrected

If he is behaving unreasonably, and you have to attend a hearing for the set aside, always worth asking for your costs :D Dont ask dont get.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

If he is behaving unreasonably, and you have to attend a hearing for the set aside, always worth asking for your costs :D Dont ask dont get.

To be honest with you, it has got out of hand and it is an issue that could have been sorted out over a beer..

I can't see anything that allows for the judgement to be set aside but as always I will be eager to learn..

What were the circumstances of your judgment again? Was it a default judgment?

So it was a final hearing or was it a summary judgment application?

Am not clear on these terms, A CCJ was the end result, then I went to enforce that judgement so applied for a charging order, was given an interim charging order without a hearing, then one day before the hearing to decide that application I got copy of application to set aside. This application generated a new hearing date and the application for C/O was vacated..

Have to wait and see if his set a side is granted...shouldn't be...then pick up where you left off.......he is simply delaying the inevitable.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Have to wait and see if his set a side is granted...shouldn't be...then pick up where you left off.......he is simply delaying the inevitable.

This is what I understand. Should I be expecting any further paperwork from the defendant before that set aside hearing or not. Do I need to answer any further questions before then ?

He or the Court should serve you a Witness Statement and a copy of the application N244...to allow you to respond ...again by way of witness statement ...you dont state in your post #490 if they have...just that he is setting aside

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

He or the Court should serve you a Witness Statement and a copy of the application N244...to allow you to respond ...again by way of witness statement ...you dont state in your post #490 if they have...just that he is setting aside

I received a copy of his set aside application form along with his witness statement. Nothing in that indicates I further need to respond..

I received a copy of his set aside application form along with his witness statement. Nothing in that indicates I further need to respond..

It never does ...but you should and are expected to...assuming you object to it...otherwise the court may allow it.