ParkingEye Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well to be in adherence with typical protocols, I will be sending my "appeal" via email so that at least I can point back to this in the case that this matter is escalated to a higher authority.

If anyone wants to jump in here before I hit send, please do so... I will be sending in about an hour or so.

Will be sure to let you all know how this pans out.

R

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What "higher authority" do you mean? And what are these "protocols? Don't forget that this bunch of clowns are not the council or the police , but just a private company with no more right than you or I to demand money off people.

Edited by DBC

I'm not sure why antiparkingfineBS came to CAG for advice. He has been advised 20 different times to ignore, but seems to be waiting for someone, anyone , to advise contact/negotiation with PArkingEYe, so here goes.....

I think you should put one appeal in pleading for their mercy and begging forgiveness for your crass supidity in parking in the car park for too long while spending lots of money in the stores serviced by the car park.

In the vague possibility they reject your appeal (well it's more like a 99.999% chance they will reject, but what's a few percentage points between friends?!) then you should pay their unjustified and "made up sum plucked form the air" forewith. In fact I think you should even off to pay a little bit extra to cover their stress and strain of having to read your appeal letter and compensate them for the few pennies loss of interest they have suffered by you making them wait extra weeks for yur hard earned money.

I came here to get some constructive input, which in all fairness points to a consensus stating that I should just ignore the letters.

I have yet to see any feedback to the contrary that outlines how to approach the matter in a proper capacity. (not to just simply ignore)

My perspective is that you cannot just ignore letters that come in the post that could then give rise to a legitimate claim being made against you. - Ignorance after all is the biggest sin of all.

I have send an appeal by email a short while ago to EP, thus showing some level of compliance to their process.

Now it is up to them to comply with my position - which is after all that will be said and done, hell would have to freeze over before they see a single penny from me. (unless they miraculously get some court order)

At least I can point back to the fact that I clearly informed them that "Any such claim or demand by EP for any or as in this case - a wholly disproportionate sum of money, is denied and rejected."

You don't need to approach something which is in an improper capacity in a proper one.

The constructive feedback of ignoring is valid.

For those that feel compelled to correspond, all that is needed is a one line letter

"Any liability to you or your client is denied. No further correspondence will be entered into."

There is no legitimate claim that can be made and the appeals process is phoney anyway.

You comply with their process and they will latch on to you. You carry on pulling their chain and they will carry on pulling yours.

Only a couple of minor comments, and as I've only just read this thread, it might be too late now, but I hope that the OP had his Email/letter checked by someone who can spell, and who has a grasp of English grammar, before it was sent.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

seems after all the advice given you blatentley seem to want to get into correspondance with them ???.

just send them a xmas card its easier with less words.

I appreciate that / everyone else on this board seems to encourage the ignore approach.

In order for POPLA to be involved "who will surely see sense of the matter" I must appeal in the first instance

Here is the proposed appeal response, Would appreciate feedback on the wording particularly;

Without Prejudice:

We received a PCN Ref Number XYZ; and we write to appeal this and seek this matter to be closed.

First and foremost we were making a trip to Comet store – Tunbridge Wells, and as such had a viable reason to park in their premises in the first place.

Looking over at the photo evidence that you have provided – this merely shows the point / period of which their vehicle entered the turn into the car park but not in fact the actual space where the care was parked – which as you will see below was substantially lesser that that you have referred to.

More over, there should have been a grace period granted that can be extended particularly to an instance where a baby is involved.

You should be aware that we had been in Comet for the entire duration of the time that the vehicle was parked and upon leaving Comet went back directly to the car and left the car park accordingly. It should also be know that upon entering the actual car parking areas (the bays) it took at least 15 minutes to a) find a space b) exit vehicle with baby, pram, and baby particulars.

Furthermore on departure it took nearly 20 minutes to exit the car park bay, a) as it was very dark, b) made it harder to place baby in the car seat in safe manor, c) due to there being a major commotion with other vehicles / namely vans blocking reversing area meant that there was a overage in the time that the vehicle actually left the premises.

Lastly at the junction where you show the second image of my client’s vehicle leaving the premises, the junction to join the main road was exceptionally busy and the vehicle was stationary there for at least 5 minutes before being able to join the main road and continue the onward journey.

So therefor this PCN is whole inappropriate and we ask that you cancel this and desist from taking any further action or making contact.

not in these cases

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Op states that he cannot ignore letters that could give rise to a LEGITIMATE claim being made. That is exactly the point of the advice given to you, there are no circumstances where they can make a legitimate claim as ther is no basis for a claim. You have 3 alternatives- pay up and moan, ignore or play letter tennis with them forever. There are 1800 posts on exactly the same subject here and the advice is always the same. IGNORE but you feel that you have to do something but want us to agree with you so you feel better about being a fool to yourself after the event. Well, it isnt going to happen. The best you will get is a told you so.

Private Parking Companies very very occasionally do take people to court but hope they'll win by default (i.e you don't turn up). NOTE. Legally only the landowner (not their agent) can take you to court. They'll can only take you to court for Breach of Contract.or Trespass. In either case they have to prove losses (i.e you blocked customers access etc). In a free car park there are no losses and if there were they wouldn't be worth the effort.

Thank you. for an older gentleman its quite worrying and as he visits the hospital regularly this is puttin a massive strain on him.

i could say how i feel but it would mean launching into a whole load of not very pleasant words.... suffice to say the whole thing boils my urine!

thanks again.

thanks again

my father received 2 charges both for the same day after a visit to our local hospital. received two notices with images of arrival and departure etc. ignored. ignored reminder. today received a debt recovery letter!

oh also he is a disable blue badge holder.

would your be the same advice... ignore?

Our hospital charges BB holders, but we never buy a ticket. Gets expensive when you sometimes have to visit the hospital 2 or more times a week!

fortunately our hospital dont charge blue badge holders though because of this parking eye malarky you have to register your badge with said hospital. This has been done twice now and still the numpties continue.

today we have been informed that our local hospital will e mail parking eye, confirm we are indeed registered and to cancel whatever pointless debt recovery charge the had in mind.

left to me i would have binned the lot however my father is somewhat panicked and no amount of reassurance from me is working. folk dont need this when they are ill......

quick update.

today received notice of litigation proceedings from debt recovery plus ltd.

after a further call to to to our local hospital to request confirmation of our previous telephone conversation

and also written confirmation that my father is indeed a blue badgeholder registered with them

together with copies of their supposed e-mail to parking eye, for which i await a response.

i am almost willing them to take court action so that i may as it were "have my day in court".

i will keep you updated as to their quite pointless efforts.

read it properly

bet it say everything bar WILL..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

read it properly

bet it say everything bar WILL..

dx

in a word yes lol! though they do say they WILL assume that we are avoiding payment! erm well no not avoiding more like refusing.

oh and their solicitor MAY issue court proceedings.....yawn