Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you mean this????

Company Type: PRI/LBG/NSC/S.30 (Private, limited by guarantee, no share capital, section 30 of the Companies Act)

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

8532 - Social work without accommodation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

So Welcome is noe Progressive and Progressive is now Welcome...

But if you issue an N1 to Welcome, can Progressive (now Welcome) refuse it?

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

Hi everyone.

Just catching up with the thread and reading about the name change for welcome.

If you check your credit report they do not do the search under welcome finance but under Progressive Financial Services.

I queried this with experian a while back and they said it was a valid check on my credit history by a parent company of one of my lenders.

I got a new credit report 3 weeks ago and it has the following.

Financial Associations checked by Welcome Financial services in 18/4/2002.

they then did another check on 11.06.06 as Progressive Financial Services and I still do not know why.

ON THE CREDIT ACCOUNT INFORMATION SECTION.

Welcome Financial services (mortgage) has been changed to

Progressive Financial Services (mortgage) and this account was closed and last updated on 11.06.06

Experian said it was the same company and I cannot see why they can refuse to accept claims.

Hi guys,

Smoothy in relation to your post

So Welcome is noe Progressive and Progressive is now Welcome...

But if you issue an N1 to Welcome, can Progressive (now Welcome) refuse it?

I would state on the N1 the name of Progressive Finance "FORMERLY KNOWN AS" Welcome finance, that would cover it ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Just like to add a comment about Welcome Finance....I came across someone who works for them and she said they have a competition to see who can make 3 people cry in a day by threatening the with bailiffs etc... NASTY BUNCH OF PEOPLE.

Just like to add a comment about Welcome Finance....I came across someone who works for them and she said they have a competition to see who can make 3 people cry in a day by threatening the with bailiffs etc... NASTY BUNCH OF PEOPLE.

We could do with sending them into them like that CAG member did to the RBS.

Thats made me even more determined to fight these tw@ts now, I was gonna leave it till all my other claims had been resolved but prelim now being drafted and will be sent before last post sat so it hits them on Mon am.

Done my SAR for them today, sent to the Nottingham Trent House address, is that correct?

Reckon they owe me a lot of money and I'll be claiming contractual interest, gonna hit these b4$tard$ wher it hurts.

Had a lot of grief from them got into arrears just prior to selling the house, I ended up in hospital with pneumonia and this tw@t came round after I'd requested a settlement figure and told mrs raaydaar that we wouldn't be selling the house cos they were gonna repossess it!!!!! all for 3 months of arrears :-x :-x :-x

Just ask welcome to print a statement , all copies of documentation received by them, if they dont provide this, fill in the Data protection compliance form. If they dont come up with the goods, the debt WILL be removed by the DPCO. Company can be referred to as Welcome, WFS, Progressive financial services, Cattles PLC, Shopacheck, Dial 4 aloan.

I know that none of us like Welcome or whatever they are called and there's lots of information on here but has anybosy actually claimed against them, if so what for and how are you getting on? As I see it at the moment they're getting away with murder and I think I've only read about one (maybe 2) people actually getting them for something? I'm going to post a new thread so that perhaps we can see how people are getting on with their claims (I haven't got that far yet and want some ammunition first) but this thread is great - even just so that you discover there's other people in the ame boat as you!

How does this S.A.R. request thing work? I seem to remember reading somewhere that if they don't respond to the S.A.R. within so many days then the debt is unenforceable, does this effectively wipe it out and how would you go about enforcing the fact if that's the case?

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Hi everyone, thought I'd give a run down of my "agreement" on here and see what you all think of it and whether I can either get it written off or claim the PPI back...

In August 05 I borrowed a total of £3425, with PPI of £1093 and at 44%APR another £3082 giving a total of £7642.05 (all I wanted was £2k but I had to pay off part of another loan with them first, £1400)

Included in all this was a £75 acceptance fee and it was payable over 36 months. £212.28 per month. :eek: I'm 15 months in if I've worked it out correctly meaning I have 21 months to go. £4457.88

Now - I registered with Checkmyfile.com and according to that, as of August 06 I owed them £3601, obviously that is 4 months out of date now so it is in fact £2752.

WTF is going on? This is an elephant on my back now - if I didn't have to pay this out each month I wouldn't be getting to week 3 and needing to borrow off friends for the last week of the month and so spending next month before it comes.

Just an update on My (un)Welcome Saga.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/47951-smoothly-does.html#post516355

rather than post it all here and hijack the thread :rolleyes::D

Smoothy

Read throught the

I got my statements through today from Welcome finance, I took out a loan of £1500 which worked out at £2100 with interest, that was back in 03, it was due to finish in 05 yet I still owe £1201.56 and heres why.

131.54 credit

Interest Posting 45.65

You get the idea, is there anything I can do, I am getting absolutly nowhere. I am making the correct monthly repayments but yet I'm getting charged extortioinate interest, I thought I was getting charges alot of fees etc as I am getting nowhere but its all interest??

Fair enough I was unemployed for 6 months and they let me make payments of £20-£30 but at this rate this loan will never end

Fair enough I was unemployed for 6 months and they let me make payments of £20-£30 but at this rate this loan will never end

That's what's done it. Your lower monthly payments won't have been enough to cover the interest each month and so the amount owed rose during those 6 months. That had the knock-on effect of increasing the amount of interest charged each month. If you plug the numbers into the spreadsheet I described somewhere earlier in this thread you'll be amazed at what those 6 months have done to your debt.

So effectivly Im screwed? The only cure is to get a loan, but If I could get alone elsewhere I wouldn't have went to welcome in the first place

I think thats whay most of us are on this thread. We have all had to resort to (un)Welcome because our options were limited. We are their prey, now they better pray we dont catch up with them!!!

Read throught the