• Tweets

• What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you mean this????

Company Type: PRI/LBG/NSC/S.30 (Private, limited by guarantee, no share capital, section 30 of the Companies Act)

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

8532 - Social work without accommodation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

So Welcome is noe Progressive and Progressive is now Welcome...

But if you issue an N1 to Welcome, can Progressive (now Welcome) refuse it?

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

Hi everyone.

Just catching up with the thread and reading about the name change for welcome.

If you check your credit report they do not do the search under welcome finance but under Progressive Financial Services.

I queried this with experian a while back and they said it was a valid check on my credit history by a parent company of one of my lenders.

I got a new credit report 3 weeks ago and it has the following.

Financial Associations checked by Welcome Financial services in 18/4/2002.

they then did another check on 11.06.06 as Progressive Financial Services and I still do not know why.

ON THE CREDIT ACCOUNT INFORMATION SECTION.

Welcome Financial services (mortgage) has been changed to

Progressive Financial Services (mortgage) and this account was closed and last updated on 11.06.06

Experian said it was the same company and I cannot see why they can refuse to accept claims.

Hi guys,

Smoothy in relation to your post

So Welcome is noe Progressive and Progressive is now Welcome...

But if you issue an N1 to Welcome, can Progressive (now Welcome) refuse it?

I would state on the N1 the name of Progressive Finance "FORMERLY KNOWN AS" Welcome finance, that would cover it ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Just like to add a comment about Welcome Finance....I came across someone who works for them and she said they have a competition to see who can make 3 people cry in a day by threatening the with bailiffs etc... NASTY BUNCH OF PEOPLE.

Just like to add a comment about Welcome Finance....I came across someone who works for them and she said they have a competition to see who can make 3 people cry in a day by threatening the with bailiffs etc... NASTY BUNCH OF PEOPLE.

We could do with sending them into them like that CAG member did to the RBS.

Thats made me even more determined to fight these tw@ts now, I was gonna leave it till all my other claims had been resolved but prelim now being drafted and will be sent before last post sat so it hits them on Mon am.

Done my SAR for them today, sent to the Nottingham Trent House address, is that correct?

Reckon they owe me a lot of money and I'll be claiming contractual interest, gonna hit these b4$tard$ wher it hurts.

Had a lot of grief from them got into arrears just prior to selling the house, I ended up in hospital with pneumonia and this tw@t came round after I'd requested a settlement figure and told mrs raaydaar that we wouldn't be selling the house cos they were gonna repossess it!!!!! all for 3 months of arrears :-x :-x :-x

Just ask welcome to print a statement , all copies of documentation received by them, if they dont provide this, fill in the Data protection compliance form. If they dont come up with the goods, the debt WILL be removed by the DPCO. Company can be referred to as Welcome, WFS, Progressive financial services, Cattles PLC, Shopacheck, Dial 4 aloan.

I know that none of us like Welcome or whatever they are called and there's lots of information on here but has anybosy actually claimed against them, if so what for and how are you getting on? As I see it at the moment they're getting away with murder and I think I've only read about one (maybe 2) people actually getting them for something? I'm going to post a new thread so that perhaps we can see how people are getting on with their claims (I haven't got that far yet and want some ammunition first) but this thread is great - even just so that you discover there's other people in the ame boat as you!

How does this S.A.R. request thing work? I seem to remember reading somewhere that if they don't respond to the S.A.R. within so many days then the debt is unenforceable, does this effectively wipe it out and how would you go about enforcing the fact if that's the case?

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Hi everyone, thought I'd give a run down of my "agreement" on here and see what you all think of it and whether I can either get it written off or claim the PPI back...

In August 05 I borrowed a total of £3425, with PPI of £1093 and at 44%APR another £3082 giving a total of £7642.05 (all I wanted was £2k but I had to pay off part of another loan with them first, £1400)

Included in all this was a £75 acceptance fee and it was payable over 36 months. £212.28 per month. :eek: I'm 15 months in if I've worked it out correctly meaning I have 21 months to go. £4457.88

Now - I registered with Checkmyfile.com and according to that, as of August 06 I owed them £3601, obviously that is 4 months out of date now so it is in fact £2752.

WTF is going on? This is an elephant on my back now - if I didn't have to pay this out each month I wouldn't be getting to week 3 and needing to borrow off friends for the last week of the month and so spending next month before it comes.

Just an update on My (un)Welcome Saga.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/47951-smoothly-does.html#post516355

rather than post it all here and hijack the thread :rolleyes::D

Smoothy

Read throught the

I got my statements through today from Welcome finance, I took out a loan of £1500 which worked out at £2100 with interest, that was back in 03, it was due to finish in 05 yet I still owe £1201.56 and heres why.

131.54 credit

Interest Posting 45.65

You get the idea, is there anything I can do, I am getting absolutly nowhere. I am making the correct monthly repayments but yet I'm getting charged extortioinate interest, I thought I was getting charges alot of fees etc as I am getting nowhere but its all interest??

Fair enough I was unemployed for 6 months and they let me make payments of £20-£30 but at this rate this loan will never end

Fair enough I was unemployed for 6 months and they let me make payments of £20-£30 but at this rate this loan will never end

That's what's done it. Your lower monthly payments won't have been enough to cover the interest each month and so the amount owed rose during those 6 months. That had the knock-on effect of increasing the amount of interest charged each month. If you plug the numbers into the spreadsheet I described somewhere earlier in this thread you'll be amazed at what those 6 months have done to your debt.

So effectivly Im screwed? The only cure is to get a loan, but If I could get alone elsewhere I wouldn't have went to welcome in the first place

I think thats whay most of us are on this thread. We have all had to resort to (un)Welcome because our options were limited. We are their prey, now they better pray we dont catch up with them!!!

Read throught the