Lowell or Red Debt Collection

Oscar71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought I'd add my 2pence worth on this one.

I'm in the middle of a dispute with Lowell also as we speak regarding an old Shop Direct account. They defaulted on a formal CCA request yesterday and have little or no confidence that they will be able to provide one.

Their complaints resolution email is complaintsresolution at lowellgroup.co.uk, and they do respond to emails directed there quite rapidly too

Good luck ;)

Hi Oscar71, I agree with unclebulgaria, I feel its always better to write your own letter of complaint as that way you get the personal points across, there really is no point in relying on template letters as it just makes you look like a scratter that has no idea what they are doing. I had a complaint with lowell a while back over a debt that they were pushing through court and I found by speaking (well I mean streching the truth) with their complaint resolution manager called james that the court proceedings stopped, it might be worth your while giving it a go.

Be very careful with that advice from debtfreeme.

if they say they will stop court proceedings, you MUST get it in writing, plus confirmation from the court. DO NOT believe lowells, if they simply say it over the phone as they have a history of lying to try and gain a judgement by default.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I had a complaint with lowell a while back over a debt that they were pushing through court and I found by speaking (well I mean streching the truth) with their complaint resolution manager called james that the court proceedings stopped,
:flypig::flypig::flypig:

Illegitimi non carborundum

You should always get written confirmation anyway. Regardless of who the creditor or claimant is.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Ok another quick question for you all :roll:

I am about to send a CCA request letter, but I am not sure if it really applicable and if it is under which section this falls.

s.77 = fixed sum loan agreements.

s.78 = running credit (credit cards).

This debt is supposedly to do with an unsecured overdraft on a standard current account. My (confused) logic tells me that this supposed debt doesn't fit in either so a CCA is futile.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks in advance

Oscar

Correct a CCA won't be any use for an overdraft, this will be filled with charges and fees which you can reclaim.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cheers Bazooka Boo

Not sure I want to get into the hassle of reclaiming.. I just want to get lowells off my case.

Not sure where to go now, they haven't responded to my "prove it" letter and now threatening to send someone round. Not this bothers or scares me, I just don't need that hassle especially as I work from home and my clients wouldn't really appreciate me telling some debt monkey where to go :wink:

reclaiming isnt really any hassle at all and it could easily put money in your pocket.

If they havent responded to your prove it letter, and they are harassing you, write another letter telling them that since they never answered your letter, the entire alleged account is in dispute and formal complaints are now being made with the regulators.

Make sure to tell them in no uncertain terms that you deny any and all liability for any monies owing to them or any of their business partners/associates.

Cheers Bazooka Boo

Not sure I want to get into the hassle of reclaiming.. I just want to get lowells off my case.

Not sure where to go now, they haven't responded to my "prove it" letter and now threatening to send someone round. Not this bothers or scares me, I just don't need that hassle especially as I work from home and my clients wouldn't really appreciate me telling some debt monkey where to go :wink:

Just send them the "no doorstep caller letter"

I have now put a letter together stating the alleged debt is in dispute, I am making official complaints and I included a bit about no doorstep calling. I also included bits about phone calls and texts being logged to add to my complaints.

Had enough of these muppets now so it's gloves off! :-x:mad2: