Ross and Roberts bailiff assaulted lone mother infront of children

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I recently discovered this forum wanted to tell my story about these people.

This was over a debt of £40 council tax, which I had actually paid but Swindon Borough Council claimed there were extra charges of £80.

After arriving at my door and telling me to phone the council, (who were useless and refused to take any responsibility,

behaving like robots with no empathy or common sense)

the (large male) bailiff harrassed me for a week by text, while I tried to get some sense out of the council, and then tried to clamp my car.

I could not let this happen because I need it for my work which partly invovles getting to animals to feed them.

I tried to stop him and after a nasty tussle in which he lost his temper and slammed the clamp onto my hand and foot and pushed me, so I had bruises ie he assaulted me.

He forced me to write a cheque out for £160+.

There was no money in my account to cover tthis but I did it get rid of him.

Eventually my MP got the council to remove the charges.

I went to the police but they were useless.

I also complained to the company but they have doen nothing.

These bailiffs are bullies.

They have no conscience and the police seem very vague about them.

They said they thought the council could not take the debt back but I found out this is untrue.

My children witness the assault and my youngest daughter had nightmares.

I couldn't sleep and it took me some time to get over the shock,

having nighmares and feeling very vulnerable.

I had to hide my car and walk home whenever I went out.

I am a lone parent and felt very scared and alone.

Its like the dark ages...

and the council are one of the worst for not caring and being quick to send in the bailiffs.

Sorry to hear your sad story, I;v heard this sort of vile tactic happening more and more, I think the police have a lot to answer for these days, sounds like a lack of care of duty to me.

In my day the police where there to serve and protect, it was called upholding common law I believe.

Ppl say the police don’t do there job, they do and do it well, it’s just not the job we think there employed to do..!!

They are political private army’s designed to collect taxes. Ecommerce! Sorry to be negative but I have done a lot off research and found this to be the case.

Sorry cant offer any practical advice.. best of luck..

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Hi there. I really empathise with you over this. I find it totally believable and am not shocked at all that this bailiff assaulted you. Unfortunately, if you read some of the other threads on here regarding bailiffs, you will soon realise that this kind of behaviour is commonplace. I have suffered immensely at the hands of Ross and Roberts, and am wondering if it could be one of the same bailiffs that I am currently complaining about. Did you get his name?

I didn't get his name and although I went to the police to report it and have some sort of witness to my injuries, they didn't even look at them and just gave me advise about making a payment plan (the bailiff said it was too late for that anyway), and that the council could not take the debt back, which I've found out is untrue.

I did complain to Ross and Roberts and they wrote saying they would write again in 14 days but never have. This happened about 6+ weeks ago. I will write again when I can find time. I also had a letter from the council in reply to my complaint which had a lot of details about the run of events that were not correct. I just don't have time to keep up with these things.

Regarding the police, apart from a few exceptions, I have found them in recent years to be power crazy and lacking in common sense, certainly not people who are there to protect the vulnerable.

I think its time to abolish bailiffs. Companies who have to work for their custom will try to resolve problems sensibly, and are often polite and reasonable and may even reduce prices to keep your custom. The council are often a lot of jobsworths with no motivation to keep customers because we have no choice, they have a monopoly.

I didn't get his name and although I went to the police to report it and have some sort of witness to my injuries, they didn't even look at them and just gave me advise about making a payment plan (the bailiff said it was too late for that anyway), and that the council could not take the debt back, which I've found out is untrue.

I did complain to Ross and Roberts and they wrote saying they would write again in 14 days but never have. This happened about 6+ weeks ago. I will write again when I can find time. I also had a letter from the council in reply to my complaint which had a lot of details about the run of events that were not correct. I just don't have time to keep up with these things.

Regarding the police, apart from a few exceptions, I have found them in recent years to be power crazy and lacking in common sense, certainly not people who are there to protect the vulnerable.

I think its time to abolish bailiffs. Companies who have to work for their custom will try to resolve problems sensibly, and are often polite and reasonable and may even reduce prices to keep your custom. The council are often a lot of jobsworths with no motivation to keep customers because we have no choice, they have a monopoly.

I'm afraid that you are correct there. A lot of countries have banished the bailiffs, however I think it will be a long time coming over here. I am not sure, but I think you have a right to be told the bailiffs name. You will probably need to request this from the council or RnR. Have RnR given you any paperwork?

Do you have a log of and have you kept all the texts?, as they are evidence of criminal harassment if they are frequent and intimidatory in content.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

In your own words you state he was trying to clamp your car, presumably leaning over and you "couldnt let this happen" and "tried to stop him."

Seriously sounds from the way you worded this as though you tried to assault him and got pushed away?

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Hi

I also live in Swindon and also have had these gits at my front door, two very large orangatangs who tried to push past me in the doorway, the largest one actually kicked me in the crown jewels. I am a very large person myself. I grabbed him and held him against the porch wall with one hand and his mate threatened me as well. My neighbour who watched everything called the police and I was arrested for assault. The two orangatangs just walked away.

When I got home from the police station I found a big red bailiffs letter wich stated £550.61 for Countil Tax arrears of £11.21(ha ha ha ha ... where did that lot come from, one visit)

I contacted the CEO of Swindon Borough Council with a detailed report of what heppened along with the old bills number and advised them that they are also liable for thier thugs actions and that I was taking action against both the orangatangs, Ross and Robbers and the council themselves. Strangely enough the assault charges have suddenly been dropped with an appology from the Police. The council have taken the account back and I have paid the £11.21

As this was the first visit from Ross & Robbers I have sent a SAR still awaiting thier results.

All I can say is that Swindon Borough Council do not follow any of the rules, they do not advise of any court date, they do not send the letter advising they have obtained the LO, no advice of Bailiff action as per the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations etc etc.

What else do you expect from a Council where the back room is Capita

Thankfully I will leaving these shores in the near future to a new life and a new home many miles from this country never to return and I will be delighted to get away from all the "rip off" merchants

Edited by Queens_king
Additional info

Hi

I also live in Swindon and also have had these gits at my front door, two very large orangatangs who tried to push past me in the doorway, the largest one actually kicked me in the crown jewels. I am a very large person myself. I grabbed him and held him against the porch wall with one hand and his mate threatened me as well. My neighbour who watched everything called the police and I was arrested for assault. The two orangatangs just walked away.

When I got home from the police station I found a big red bailiffs letter wich stated £550.61 for Countil Tax arrears of £11.21(ha ha ha ha ... where did that lot come from, one visit)

I contacted the CEO of Swindon Borough Council with a detailed report of what heppened along with the old bills number and advised them that they are also liable for thier thugs actions and that I was taking action against both the orangatangs, Ross and Robbers and the council themselves. Strangely enough the assault charges have suddenly been dropped with an appology from the Police. The council have taken the account back and I have paid the £11.21

As this was the first visit from Ross & Robbers I have sent a SAR still awaiting thier results.

All I can say is that Swindon Borough Council do not follow any of the rules, they do not advise of any court date, they do not send the letter advising they have obtained the LO, no advice of Bailiff action as per the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations etc etc.

What else do you expect from a Council where the back room is Capita

Thankfully I will leaving these shores in the near future to a new life and a new home many miles from this country never to return and I will be delighted to get away from all the "rip off" merchants

Here, Here!

You need to start complaining, I would start with the CEO of the council. Please let me know if you need any help with this.

Hi seanamarts

I have been reading this and other forums for many months and can see what some of these so called "Bailiff" companies do and there was no way that I was going to let this bunch of cowboys and animals off the hook.

Being a member of a very strong trade union I approached the legal department who put me in touch with one of thier Solicitors who after explaining what happened immediatly passed me to a Barrister. He is about to start legal proceedings against all concerned including the Police

Having used the union before for an industrial accident about 10 years ago the Barrister fees will far outstretch the Bailiff fees. (at todays prices I am assuming it is about £450 / hour without expenses)

Thank you for the info and help offered.

keep us informed, as it looks like the council and their semi-tame knuckledraggers are in hot water.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi seanamarts

I have been reading this and other forums for many months and can see what some of these so called "Bailiff" companies do and there was no way that I was going to let this bunch of cowboys and animals off the hook.

Being a member of a very strong trade union I approached the legal department who put me in touch with one of thier Solicitors who after explaining what happened immediatly passed me to a Barrister. He is about to start legal proceedings against all concerned including the Police

Having used the union before for an industrial accident about 10 years ago the Barrister fees will far outstretch the Bailiff fees. (at todays prices I am assuming it is about £450 / hour without expenses)

Thank you for the info and help offered.

I am also going down this route with Ross and Roberts and I am of the same mind as you. I will not let them get off the hook, I will go as far as I can and hopefully ensure that these bottom feeding **** will never be allowed back out onto the streets to carry on with their illegal behaviour. Good luck to you.

Hi Annette, how are you getting on with this.

Hi there SM, hope you are feeling better. The only thing I can tell you is that I've opened a big can of worms this time. I am getting some great help from all the Caggers, unfortunately, as I am currently dealing with this case legally, I can't post too many details yet. I will PM you the new info.

Queens_king.

Another interesting post that raises serious concerns with a local authority that outsource their council tax department to CAPITA LTD. You will see that I started a thread on this very subject approx a week ago and I know of MANY complaints that are being made to Trading Standards concerning the activities of two companies that are owned by Capita.........

these are Equita Ltd

and:

Ross & Roberts.

You should ensure that your barrister is made aware of this connection....