Been paying DLC for 5yrs on old Abbey Card 'debt' - NO CCA!

salbee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

salbee take a break for a minute .

and check this song out , this is what we were like until we found CAG 3 years ago.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH " THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIENDS " DAM ANOTHER SONG COMING ON.

• Confused 1

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK,

you need to work out what the total fund available to pay all your creditors is

- for instance if you have 6 creditors and have £450 per month to distribute between them,

work out what percentage of the £450 each creditor should be paid in order of the total owed to each.

For instance

if you have 3 creditors with a £4000 balance owed

and the other 3 creditors have much lower balances

then the two highest should get the most per month with the other 3 getting a lower amount

- £100 each to the highest 3

and £50 per month to the others (just an example) .

If DLC were to take you to court a judge would think you are being very fair with all your creditors.

Don't just pay DLC the most just because they are shouting the loudest, you have to show you are being fair to all your creditors.

If you work out that you need to pay them less, just tell them you have other creditors to consider and that you have apportioned your available funds accordingly.

Don't give them an I & E, just tell them what you are going to do !

How do you make payments to them at the moment?

• Confused 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Confused 1

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

I make payments via (mostly) standing order left over from the Payplan days. Would it be best to contact each creditor for a current balance then redistribute the available funds in the way you describe?

Yes,

you need to know the current balances owed to all your creditors.

Once you have got that you can work out how to distribute the funds you have available.

DLC will just have to take their place with the others.

They won't take you to court if you have been maintaining payments and continue to do so

- even if you have to reduce your payment to them

- they know that a judge would agree with you.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Excellent - keep us updated with how you're getting on :)

salbee take a break for a minute .

and check this song out , this is what we were like until we found CAG 3 years ago.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH " THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIENDS " DAM ANOTHER SONG COMING ON.

Those were the cheekiness days Huggy - remember them well. Are Mr Ton & Fuzzybobble still around? Haven't seen any posts from them for yonks.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I make payments via (mostly) standing order left over from the Payplan days. Would it be best to contact each creditor for a current balance then redistribute the available funds in the way you describe?

Yes, you need to know the current balances owed to all your creditors. Once you have got that you can work out how to distribute the funds you have available. DLC will just have to take their place with the others. They won't take you to court if you have been maintaining payments and continue to do so - even if you have to reduce your payment to them - they know that a judge would agree with you.

Agree with this, once you have worked out your sums, then we can also help you drafting letters to them :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I got my activation email from Noddle and bizarrely all that is showing on it are 2 debts, both I share with my husband (as I do the Abbey debt which is not shown). We have more creditors than that. Do I need to apply to the CRA for his file too?

Thanks.

I got my activation email from Noddle and bizarrely all that is showing on it are 2 debts, both I share with my husband (as I do the Abbey debt which is not shown). We have more creditors than that. Do I need to apply to the CRA for his file too?

Thanks.

Looks like you might have to if the debts are in your OH's name.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

yes!

something smells here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How long did it take for your Noddle activation code to come through, signed up last night and still waiting!

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

10 mins

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:???: OK, this is weird.

My husband's credit file doesn't show the Abbey debt as such

- but it does show it under the heading "Connections & Other Names"

(when you click on it, it shows my name and Hillesden Securites,

last updated 01/02/2010 but no balance etc).

This is not showing at all on my file.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I

t just doesn't make sense.... Thanks again x

Is the abbey account either a mortgage or secured loan ?

Usually they are only updated if there has been a default.

BCOBS

hi citizenB, the loan was unsecured.

I can't find it listed on Noddle or checkmyfile (apart from on my husband's file when it says it is linked to me).

DLC have called me twice today & left voicemail asking me to call them, it very important etc.

They probably got the CCA letter.

I also did some sums and we are defo paying them too large a chunk and other creditors too small

so I am going to redress the balance (in writing!) as soon as my printer ink arrives through the post.

Is there a letter template for that sort of thing?

I dont think there is a template letter, Salbee.. if you want to draft something and pop it up for us to have a look at..

BCOBS

Something along the lines of..

Dear Sir or Madam,

In view of your recent intimidatory calls and letters, I decided to revisit the way in which I am repaying my creditors.

You will be aware that I have increased payments to you, under duress, when in fact I am obliged to treat all my creditors the same by way of pro rata payments against my disposable income after priority debts.

I have discovered that the payments you have "demanded" by way of threats is unreasonable and other creditors have suffered because of this. It would appear you work on the basis of "he who shouts the loudest gets the most" and this, I am told is very wrong.

Having looked at my budget again, I find the amount I should be paying you is.. £ x

Yours faithfully,

Although you should obtain as many comments/advice as possible before putting anything on paper :)

• Confused 1

BCOBS

Dear Sir or Madam,

In view of your recent intimidatory calls and letters, I decided to revisit the way in which I am repaying my creditors.

You will be aware that I have increased payments to you, under duress, when in fact I am obliged to treat all my creditors the same by way of pro rata payments against my disposable income after priority debts.

I have discovered that the payments you have "demanded" by way of threats is unreasonable and other creditors have suffered because of this. It would appear you work on the basis of "he who shouts the loudest gets the most" and this, I am told is very wrong.

Having looked at my budget again, I find the amount I should be paying you is.. £ x

Yours faithfully,

Borrowed i'll give it back later.

• Haha 1

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS