****NEWS**** Welfare Reform bill has received Royal Assent and is now law

ErikaPNP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Welfare Reform bill has received Royal Assent. It does not yet appear on legal databases but this should happen soon.

The law will change benefits as we know them for many, with some changes taking effect sooner than others.

Click here to read the DWP news release, which highlights the key changes.

Once I have more information, i.e a publically accessible link to the new legislation, I will add it to this post.

EDIT: Legislation now publically available but as yet only in PDF format. An online version will follow at a later date. Click here to be taken to the legislation.

Edited by ErikaPNP
link to legislation added

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Depressing isn't it. I hope Cameron and his bloody government rot in hell for what they've done. But at least he's not getting it all his own way...

Angry Cameron ''got it wrong over DLA''

Quote:

"David Cameron looked decidedly angry when he was asked during Prime Minister's Questions whether he was "truly proud" that the coalition government had removed Disability Living Allowance (DLA) from a 10-year-old girl with cerebral palsy who could hardly walk and could not toilet herself.

To cries of "shame" aimed at the Dame – Joan Ruddock, Labour MP for Lewisham Deptford, who asked the question – Cameron expressed something close to fury when he denied that the government had any intention of hitting vulnerable and disabled people in this way."

The rest can be read over here...

http://www.publicservice.co.uk/news_story.asp?id=19097

The universal credit is a good idea. It's too complex the way it is, in my opinion. Claiming tax credits, council tax benefit, housing benefit, having to let different places know of change in circs. One dept not taking things into account, whereas another does. The only problem I can see is them not being able to claim as many penalties off people like they do at the moment when their staff errors trip people up left right n centre.

I thought DLA was remaining for children? I thought PIP was only for people over the age of 16?

They have been tipping children off DLA for years now slowly but surely. My sons stopped when he turned 11. A lady at works sons got stopped just like that, she eventually reapplied as someone else said it wasn't right. Which in the meantime she was too late to have it backdated so missed out on a few months DLA & CA by the time it was reinstated.

What p*sses me off is that bloody Cameron claimed DLa for his son, even though he didn't need it, and now he's putting all his energy into trying to deny those who aren't millionaires and who desperately need help from getting it.

Pure evil If you ask me. And yet It amazes me that many people I know in real life have no idea that he did this. In fact It was my own GP who told me it though gritted teeth. God she loathes him and everything he stands for.

What p*sses me off is that bloody Cameron claimed DLa for his son, even though he didn't need it, and now he's putting all his energy into trying to deny those who aren't millionaires and who desperately need help from getting it.

Pure evil If you ask me. And yet It amazes me that many people I know in real life have no idea that he did this. In fact It was my own GP who told me it though gritted teeth. God she loathes him and everything he stands for.

There is a growing school of thought that Cameron is so embittered about his son's disability and demise, that he is now punishing anyone and anything to do with disablement.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

There are probably some dirty chimneys close to that child and she will be found 'fit for work' now too,

eh? Children aren't expected (and there are legal issues) to work. DLA has nothing to do with work either.

Disgusting behaviour from him, he tells the country we all in it together and have to make sacrifices then he claims a benefit he doesnt need.

The attacks on the sick/disabled I am not convinced is caused by his child's death tho, that may well have just been coincidence as its very evident the attack on welfare was planned before they got elected.

Universal credit aside from been a stealth benefit cut will also likely cause more hardship when a benefit gets suspended as at the moment benefits are sperate to each other so if someone eg . has housing benefit and JSA, and the JSA gets cut they will still usually get HB if they dont have enough income whilst I suspect on universal credit the whole lot would be stopped in one go at once. Which is how I reckon they will get the claimed fraud savings.

What the able dont get is that a simplified benefit system is not a good thing, welfare itself is complex, people's health and financial needs are complex. A one size fits all approach will cause misery.

If you want to see the legislation, a link has now been added to the first post on this thread.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Frank, that link is in the first post - end of last sentence :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CABs' take on it http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/issues_for_people_with_disabilities_in_uc_-_briefing.pdf

This briefing covers:

􀂃 A brief introduction into how UC is structured.

􀂃 How extra support for disabled people is going to be incorporated into UC.

􀂃 Five tables indicating in the following groups who we believe will gain and who will lose from UC compared to support in the current means tested system:

􀂃 adults in the support group

􀂃 adults in the work related activity group working less than 16 hours

􀂃 adults with significant impairment but found fit for work under WCA

􀂃 families with children receiving higher rate care or severely visually impaired children

􀂃 families of children in receipt of DLA (except those receiving higher rate of care component and severely visually impaired children).

Edited by speedfreek
URL Link changed

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there folks

Last week I received a phone call to say that the ESA bill had been passed so if you are claiming contribution based esa for 12 months come 30th April you will no longer receive any money. I was not entitled to income based esa as my partner works full time. I asked the lady on the phone what I was supposed to do and she said according to the government my partner has to support me but I will still get my national insurance contributions paid. I have an appt with by disability advisor today at the job centre at 4pm and i'm gonna hopefully fidg out more.

I've posted this to keep folks updated as I couldn't find a similar post

regards

Lisa

Pinklisar

:p:razz: