Phishing email to my CAG email address - "Your Intuit.com invoice"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have my own domain and use a unique email address for every site that I sign up to. This helps me keep an eye on spam levels and block any email addresses that get compromised.

Sadly I've just received a phishing email to my unique CAG email address, which likely means that fraudsters have liberated some user data from this website (another alternative being that the fraudsters guessed the address, but this seems unlikely, no brute forcing was evident in the logs; hacking my machine is also unlikely as I have no stored reference to my CAG email address).

Information about this particular email can be found on Snopes.com (I haven't got enough posts to link to it, if you're interested you can search Snopes for "intuit invoice"). The email in question:

Dear customer:

Thank you for submitting an order with Intuit Market.*We have received it and will send you an e-mail when your order ships.*If you ordered multiple items, we may send them in more than* one delivery (at no extra cost to you) to provide faster processing time.

If you have questions about your order, please call 1-800-955-8890.

ORDER INFORMATION

Please download your complete order id #1607 information at [
dodgy link here
] Intuit small business website.

NEED HELP?

* **Email us at mktplace_customerservice[at]intuit.com.

**Call us at 1-800-955-8890.

**Reorder Intuit Checks Quickly and Easily starting with the information from your previous order.*To help us better serve your needs, please take*a few minutes to let us know how we are doing. Submit your feedback here.

Thanks again for your order,

Intuit Market Customer Service

Privacy*|* Legal*|* Contact Us*|* About Us

You have received this business communication as part of our efforts to fulfill your request or service your account.*You may receive this and other business communications from us even if you have opted

Has anybody else received this email to an address registered at CAG?

This has been discussed on earlier thread in this sub-forum.

I'm afraid that we were hacked a few days ago. We have had 6 reports that people are receiving spam emails to their CAG related email addresses. I expect that there are more.

We are trying to look into it and naturally we are very sorry about it

Blow me - I've just got one of these myself!! Damned cheek.

yep me the same

and i can confirm the email ad is only for cag too.

opps!

if you want all the details just ask

dx

just for webby

all the others in the two ieild are yahoo.co.uk ad's

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm getting these too (from 01/03/2012). As with the other posters here, it's to a unique email address only used on this site.

Re "I'm afraid that we were hacked a few days ago." - I'd have expected some sort of email saying "we've been hacked" rather than just allowing people to discover it for themselves. Imagine if one of the many organisations rightly criticised here took this approach!