NCO Europe KEEP calling!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gettin calls from NCO and im in debt for a 950 quid chargeback which i was conned for....guy buys phone then "accidentally" send me 900 quid he then calls me up practically crying and sayin it was a mistake and asking me to send him the difference and keep money for phone so i sent him the money to his email..month later paypal tell me that that account was hacked and it wasnt really the ebay user who bought it and that the 900 quid was sent to someone else...what i dont get is alrite i sent alot of money to a random email which i now no was a ****in stupid thing to do...but how can he recieve the money and spend it or withdraw it without having a paypal account and if he did have a paypal account then they must be able to track him down...please help!

i didnt think there was a point since i dont have proof of postage...but am i right in the fact that you cant do anything with money sent through paypal unless you have a paypal account, and also to have a paypal account dont you need to put a credit card or address or something!

Hi Smokey,

Having just read your problem I had something similar (see thread "trusted paypal lost £500+). I would strongly advise that you DO report it to the police with all the evidence you can i.e. email rint outs from ebay including original listing etc. I have also reported my problem to the police where fraud was commited on an ebay and paypal account. Police are very interested because money laundering appears to be happening on ebay supporting more serious crime (according to my local police station). Most police forces now have dedicated internet fraud departments investigating stuff exactly like this.

OK you may not be able to get your money back - but it might help all of our cases if ebay and paypal are reguarly investigated by the police for fraudulent use. Afterall - they do advertise that they offer a safe and secure way to do internet purchasing. - a Load of B******s as far as I am concerned.

There's always a chance smokey - you'd certainly be in a better position with a crime reference number and active investigation by police.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

There's always a chance smokey - you'd certainly be in a better position with a crime reference number and active investigation by police.

I agree. Report it to Police and then if NCO keep pestering you send them a letter saying the matter is under investigation by police and you cannot discuss it as its sub-judice and suggest they send one of their highly trained doorstep collection agents round to your local nick to discuss payment. Better still tell them to ring someone who is in the same street as the nick and get them to cotact Simon URGENTLY on 0870 ********:grin:

I'm sure they would be there to help and agree a solution with them - perhaps even a limited offer?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

well ive just heard back from the police reference the nco caller who said he was coming around with a baseball bat

the police have found no call placed to me that day and no recording of the call (nco europe claim they record all calls) but i have the call because i recorded it which the police have

they say it would be like finding a needle in a haystack

so i must thank the police for also being bloody useless

good job im moving house see how long it takes them to find me this time :lol:

well ive just heard back from the police reference the nco caller who said he was coming around with a baseball bat

the police have found no call placed to me that day and no recording of the call (nco europe claim they record all calls) but i have the call because i recorded it which the police have

they say it would be like finding a needle in a haystack

so i must thank the police for also being bloody useless

good job im moving house see how long it takes them to find me this time :lol:

Put an Official Complaint in against the Police for their apparent inaction. Presumably the twit from NCO identified himself by name. If he used an alias as they do NCO is obliged to keep records as to who they actually are. An SAR to NCO should prove the call was made and you have the date and time it was made. To me it would be a simple matter of comparing the entry on the SAR to the same date and time. Presumably your telephone company can prove the call was received on your phone and the number it came from. NCO in common with most call centres have computerised systems which can identfy who was on the phone, to whom and when. They may not have an actual recording of the call but the as sure as hell know who made it. I wonder if you rang NCO and told them you were coming round to beat them up with a baseball bat. I bet they would have a copy of the call and the boys in blue would be at your door quicker than you could say Dixon of Dock Green

Well we have seen details of some of the stuff they have disclosed on SARs. Obviously they are not going to admit threatening 4ndy but they always log that they have called Mr X and what his response is. Their computer should be able to say who accessed 4ndys record on the day in question. If the bully who made the threats had got money of 4ndy sure as hell their computer would have recorded it for the monthly bonus. Once they log things on to their computer it would not be easy to remove it and if 4ndys telephone company can prove he received a call from them at the date and time in question there you have it. Its certainly the way I would go if someone threatened me or my family. Whether or not the threat was real doesnt matter the fact that 4ndy felt scared is sufficient to warrant a prosecution for common assault not to mention other charges under the tellecommunications acts. Its worth a shot. Im not being naive. Of course I know NCO are not coing to admit straight up what allegedly happened. There are many ways of gainining evidence.

Someone is telling Porkies. When you consider the effort the Police go to to catch speeders you would think they could put a bit more effort into this investigation. It seems so straight forward to me

i can assure u its not me telling porkies

but after reading OCD reply sound to me that the police just cant be bothered to investigate it properly and just really want to wash there hands of the case as no psyical abuse actually happened only threats

but after reading OCD reply sound to me that the police just cant be bothered to investigate it properly and just really want to wash there hands of the case as no psyical abuse actually happened only threats

Still an Assault in the eyes of the law. A letter of complaint to your local police authority pointing out what I said will maybe encourage them to act. Failing that you have the tape and Im sure someone would be interested in hearing it. Maybe your local TS, your local paper or your MP. You have proof of the bullying. Hey why not stick it on You Tube

I think we need to be realistic about the resources available to the police, and their priorities.

I suspect that unless you can hand them most of the evidence on a plate then they are unlikely to do much in the way of investigation - it is not a serious crime (at least as a one off)

You might be better starting out with the "nuisance calls" team of the people who provide your telephone service to see whether they can find evidence of the call - and if so which number it came from.

DO NOT STICK IT ON YOUTUBE !

If you do it will cease to be any good as evidence of anything.

Any good barrister will get a judge to rule it inadmissable very quickly.

What you need, is a search warrrant against NCO to sieze thier computer records, on the basis that they contain evidence pertaining to the commission of a crime.

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate

I think we need to be realistic about the resources available to the police, and their priorities.

I suspect that unless you can hand them most of the evidence on a plate then they are unlikely to do much in the way of investigation - it is not a serious crime (at least as a one off)

You might be better starting out with the "nuisance calls" team of the people who provide your telephone service to see whether they can find evidence of the call - and if so which number it came from.

We only need to read the national media to see what their priorities are now.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks