• Tweets

• Apparently some journalists have heard that Sunak may call an election next weekend or in the week following the bank holiday Monday. With the election to be held at the end of June. Rishi Sunak could call snap general election | Politics | News | Express.co.uk WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK Here's why the Prime Minister could announce a general election soon  
    • Found a BMA article related to this subject which I think the OP will find helpful. Patients recording consultations WWW.BMA.ORG.UK Our guidance answers if patients can record doctors without permission or covertly, how to respond when a patient asks to record their appointment and what to do if a covert recording is posted online.  
    • Ah - that was another thread that got merged back in 2018   That 'split' doesnt refer to this legal matter  
    • Thanks dx for your kind words. I plan to renew my season ticket and write a new begging letter as following, can I ask for any suggestion about it?   Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,   Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.   I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.   I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.   Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.   I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.   I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.    Yours sincerely,
    • You did what??? You asked them to send you the documents that without them you had  a 100% ironclad win in Court. Why on earth would you do that? As it happens in this case, there is still enough mistakes in their PCNs and the NTH to have your case cancelled. Amd it may be that not sending those documents in the first place along with the ICO complaint and the letters from Alliance themselves which would confirm by the dates on the letters may be enough to cancel it anyway. I hope you have kept their letters as evidence? The chances are that Alliance will not actually take you to Court because of their errors but you never know.  You have made so much extra work for yourself in your WS if they decide to push their luck.though. Can you please post up their letter where they give the reason why I wasn't sent with the NTH.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DCA CCJ - old Lloyds Credit Card - CCJ Set Aside

TheDude1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Complaints against HMC&TS staff

You can make your complaint in one of four ways:

• in person, to staff in the office where the problem arose
  • by telephone to the office where the problem arose
  • in writing, by letter or email
  • by filling out the complaint form EX343A

Find form EX343A for complaints about HMC&TS staff on the HM Courts and Tribunals Service website.

Information to include in your complaint

In your complaint, you should:

• clearly set out the nature of your complaint
  • describe any facts and events relating to it
  • say why you think that a member of HMC&TS staff has made a mistake
  • describe any losses you have incurred as a result

You can include a claim for compensation in your complaint. To receive compensation, you must demonstrate that the action of HMC&TS staff - known as 'maladministration' - has caused you financial loss or extra expense. You should support your claim with documents detailing these losses, such as:

• solicitors' charges
  • additional travel expenses
  • wage slips
  • receipts

How complaints are processed

Your complaint will be investigated by obtaining information from all relevant sources such as interviewing staff and reviewing relevant documentation. If your complaint is found to be justified, the court will send you a letter of apology, with details of how it will rectify the matter.

If your complaint is not upheld, you can ask for the area director of the courts within your geographical area to look at it again. Your letter to the area director should include:

• an explanation that you have already made a complaint
  • facts and figures relating to the original complaint
  • why you think the decision not to uphold your complaint was wrong

The area director will carry out a further investigation and reply to you, also within ten days. If you are not satisfied with the director's findings, you should write to the HMC&TS at the following address:

The Complaints Handling and Enquiries Team

Zone C, 1st Floor

102 Petty France

London

SW1H 9AJ

You should expect to receive a full reply within 15 working days from the date your complaint was received.

If your complaint has been considered at every level within HMC&TS and you are still not satisfied, you may ask for the legal ombudsman to investigate. You cannot approach the ombudsman directly, but should ask a Member of Parliament to do so on your behalf. For more information, you can call the Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman on Tel 0845 015 4033.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

citizenB, unclebulgaria, thanks for your help, I will do as you both suggested first, will contact the court, thanks guys! Cheers citizen for flagging the post too, has certainly helped with all the great advice from everyone!!

Andy, thanks for your post too, you make a good point. But my argument will be is that my employer will now look at me in a different light - As an individual and as a employer.

I did state this in the Suspended Order that it might affect my job/future promotions and the Order was granted and then broken. I think this is a bit different to a bank sending out a statement to the wrong person as the court itself has broken its promise and not a organisation like a bank or a landlord as in your case.

I think I have a strong case. And to be honest I did everything right and possible on my behalf.

Consumeredge, cerberusalert, thank you both for your post's too, valuable info you both have provided. Thanks, most appreciated.

Cheers !!!

So first of all I contact county court and make a complaint - perhaps I should do this in writing?

Hi all,

Andy, thanks for your post too, you make a good point. But my argument will be is that my employer will now look at me in a different light - As an individual and as a employer.

Unfortunatley this would be almost impossible to prove (would you get for example a witness statement from your Boss saying that they somehow trust you less !?), even if proved I doubt a judge would put a high monetary value on it (this may be a biff different if you were fired or suddenly missed for promotion), remember that damages shouldnt be punitive but restore you to the position you were previously in.

The other posts contain more useful info such as following the courts complaints procedure.

Andy

• Haha 1

I don't think a monetary value is the point here. For instance, how can a court hold people in contempt for breaking the rules when it can't stick to the rules its self? I accept that people make mistakes but for the court to be able to punish wrong doers it must be seen too and, indeed, actually hold its self to a higher standard than those it sits in judgement over. Just my penny's worth, good luck with your complaint:)

Things may have changed since I managed a payroll, but it used to be that the court would send the AOE Order to the HR department of the employer. They would copy and file the order then forward the original to the payroll department to action via payroll. This could be internal payroll dept or an outside contractor.

I realise you mentioned "direct debit" but it's usually done directly "at source" - the reason for the term Attachment Of Earnings" - it's to ensure that the money is deducted at source and paid over before it can be spent and so that a DD cannot simply be stopped by the employee.

In my case, I ran a government payroll in HM Treasury and we actioned these on behalf of other Gov. departments' HR offices.

If that is still true, I think you'd have no chance whatsoever of a successful complaint. It MAY be that the AOE Order should have been sent directly to your HR department rather than your immediate boss/supervisor, in which case, it's a clerical error and you could lodge a complaint, but I still doubt you'd get very far.

You said the letter about the DD was received from the debtor, rather than the court...

If you can prove, in writing, that the court granted permission to pay by DD then you might have some luck.

Best of luck anyway!

H. x

Edited by Halibutt

Things may have changed since I managed a payroll, but it used to be that the court would send the AOE Order to the HR department of the employer. They would copy and file the order then forward the original to the payroll department to action via payroll. This could be internal payroll dept or an outside contractor.

I realise you mentioned "direct debit" but it's usually done directly "at source" - the reason for the term Attachment Of Earnings" - it's to ensure that the money is deducted at source and paid over before it can be spent and so that a DD cannot simply be stopped by the employee.

In my case, I ran a government payroll in HM Treasury and we actioned these on behalf of other Gov. departments' HR offices.

If that is still true, I think you'd have no chance whatsoever of a successful complaint. It MAY be that the AOE Order should have been sent directly to your HR department rather than your immediate boss/supervisor, in which case, it's a clerical error and you could lodge a complaint, but I still doubt you'd get very far.

You said the letter about the DD was received from the debtor, rather than the court...

If you can prove, in writing, that the court granted permission to pay by DD then you might have some luck.

Best of luck anyway!

H. x

Good Info re payrolls, but the poster said they had a suspended order, so it should have gone nowhere near the employer unless the agreement was defaulted.

I think it would be a long shot to sue HM Court Service for negligence, but they do have a good complaints system and they are dealt with fairly.

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Hi - Thanks for your replies, will respond to them tomorrow!

Just an update

Spoke to the court today, first of all I asked them if a suspended order was granted and it was.

I then asked them why the letter was sent to my employer (Form N338 was sent, which does illustrate debt - the "Judgement Creditor - xxxx PO BOX" but does not state the amount).

They admitted it should not of been sent.

I then asked if they were in breach of the Data Protection Act.

They replied 'Please put this in writing...."

• 1 month later...

Hi All, sorry I haven't replied to this thread for a while!

Anyways, I sent my complaint letter to the court and have had a apology back. They admitted form N338 should not of been sent to my employer when a Suspended Order was in place.

All they can do is contact my employer and say N338 was sent in error.

:mad2:

It is true that I haven't lost any finances over this (ie damages to sue) however could I argue the amount I have to pay the debtor per month - As I offered £30 on the basis that my employer would not find out about the debt, but as the court breached the DPA and broke the Order, do you think they would amend the £30pm to £15pm? Could be worth a shot....

Hmm, I rather suspect that it wont make much difference to the amount being offered. Nice try though.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Hi there, hope someone can help me out!

I had a Credit Card from Lloyds around 2004, credit limit £1750.

I stopped paying them and to be honest I ignored everything... Defaults on credit file and eventually a CCJ being filed. Then the attachment of order came from a County Court/DCA - Which I am now paying £30pm, the debt is now almost £3000 :!:

Well anyways, I can't do nothing about that, lesson learned .. But I am now wondering if I can claim back charges on this Credit Card? I imagine there to be quite alot, in fact I'd say it was the very reason why I terminated payments because the amount they requested every month was too much,

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TBH I don't believe a word of this

story it does not add up:madgrin:

I have to laugh at this, your not far from the Truth... Remember when I said it was either LloydsTSB or Littlewoods.

Well I have just discovered that I only actually have 1 CCJ - AND IT IS NOT LLOYDS AS I THOUGHT. It is from Littlewoods.

Last few months been tough, I'm no thinking very clearly :-x

So how did a DCA manage to get a Attachment of Earnings over me when NO CCJ exists for this debt. Please please help, my head has gone... Or did I actually have 2 CCJ's and 1 has now been removed ???

I guess they don't need a CCJ to enforce AOE...

Looking at the original claim form now (N1CPC) from Northampton:

"The claimant claims for sums due under a/various Credit Card Agreement(s) entered into between Lloyds TSB Bank plc and the Defendant. The rights of Lloyds TSB Bank plc passed to the claimant pursant to an assignment dated **/**/11 between Lloyds TSB Bank plc and the Claimant. The agreement(s) was/were terminated upon the Defendant failure to comply wiith the terms of the Agreement(s) and or the statutory Notice of Default served by Lloyds TSB bank plc. And the claimant claims: Credit Card Account number **************** balance of 2,0**.** as of **/**/08. Interest under s69 of the County Court act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from **/**/08 to **/**/11 of 5**,** and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.46 AND costs"

That POC is for a CREDIT CARD, not catolouge!

To be quite honest with you, its totally your fault! You received Court papers and ignored them!

On a different note, you are well within your rights to reclaim any charges on this card! With compound and Stat interest. That would put some money back in your pocket!

Jogs

Thanks mate, yes I did not realise at the time, lesson learned !!!

will get the SAR off soon regarding charges, cheers pal

also the CCJ on my file (Catalogue) - Can I get this removed if I state I did not recieve the Claim Form? That I was only recently aware of it?

Lapse, as in youthfulness and ok I admit head in the sand when the letters arrived.

However I have matured and luckily I now have a job that I hold down well - I want to the face the debt, and while I am facing it, I may aswell challenge it - so please don't degrade my integrity thanks.

Edited by TheDude1

There has to be a CCJ in place before a creditor can apply for Attachment of Earnings

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

There has to be a CCJ in place before a creditor can apply for Attachment of Earnings

Hi Ell-enn, thanks for the post! And thanks again for all your help before with the AOE.

Are you 100% sure on this? According to Equifax, I only have 1 CCJ listed and it is 100% definately Littlewoods and not Lloyds.

What do I do now? Cheers

A creditor cannot get an attachment of earnings without a CCJ first. When was the CCJ issued ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn, that is what I thought :!:

Equifax - Court Information:

Number Present: 1

Northampton CCBC / ********

Court Date: 08/09/2010

Type: County Court Judgment (England, Wales and Northern Ireland)

Amount: £1,0**

Now I look at the Credit Agreements:

Credit Card from Lloyds Tsb Credit Cards (I) / XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Current Balance: £2,0**

Credit Limit £1,750

Mail Order Agency from Arrow Global Ltd (I) / XXXXXXXX (Littlewoods)

Current Balance: £1,0**

Credit Limit: £0

Could it be that I actually do have 2 CCJ's - But it is not listed on equifax? Should I check other agencies?? Thanks for any help