Me and Mother with Severe Short Term Memory Loss Banned from TK Maxx - RLP biting at me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ryan

Don't be intimidated by these companies, you have the right to seek help and advice from any source that you have access too, CAG being one such source. Feel free to ask for further advise anytime.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is we basically just want it all to go away, with my mother's cancer we don't want to spend many months that could be the last of her life dealing with this RLP business. We most likely will seek advice now but this is getting ridiculous, their constant harassment, blackmail when they're the ones in the wrong. It's just a nightmare we want to go away. I think we're just gonna get a doctor's note explaining everything and hopefully then RLP will stop harassing us.

Well it is up to you, but seriously i would just throw their mail in the bin and ignore it. Don't talk tot them on the phone and they will go away. Unfortunately even with a Dr note i suspect that they will not stop harassing you, no matter the reason, they will just see it as an opportunity to get under you skin more.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

I think we will just ignore them in future. But I just want to guarantee that they have absolutely no legal precedent to take us to court etc as we cannot be dealing with that at all. They're probably reading these posts as we speak, if that is the case I would like to directly address them and say that whatever threats you make in future letters and claims against this forum you're not going to scare us.

Good for you :)

If you read this forum, no one who has received a letter from RLP has ever been taken to court. There are a lot of posts here about RLP, thats a lot of people that have been threatened, but have never been to court.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Thanks for the reassurance, I shall have a read through some of the posts but did they pay the 'damages' or did they just ignore them? But yeah, basically I want to make it clear to them (if they're reading this) that they will not be receiving any further response from us, and that I look forward to shredding the letters we will no doubt receive from them in the future!

That phrase where they say you have got unreliable information from the internet (to paraphrase) is a joke, you can get poor quality legal advice from a qualified solicitor! It is their equivalent of throwing a hissy fit.

Hopefully now they will go onto their more recent 'victims'.

I also love the words 'alternate agenda'. It's as though I'm gonna come on here and be asked for my bank account details for advice! :D I've been on their website though and they have on there ten cases that have gone to court which they've won. Out of their tens of thousands of victims I'd love to know how many cases they've lost! :)

I think you should keep the letter safely. You might be able to use it in an harrassment claim, should they continue.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think we will just ignore them in future. But I just want to guarantee that they have absolutely no legal precedent to take us to court etc as we cannot be dealing with that at all.

Nobody can guarantee this, Ryan. They are exceptionally greedy and stupid people, and they might do anything.

However, we can guarantee that if they are foolish enough to bring a claim in your case (on the facts as you have described them) it would be a PR catastrophe for them. They have never won a denied and defended shoplifting claim, and to bring one now against a vulnerable person without any reliable evidence of dishonesty would be commercial suicide.

Like you guys have said it would be commercial suicide to be harrassing a cancer sufferer as they are now doing, and actually I want to take this to the media, have they ever been exposed on anything like watchdog? I would be more than happy to sell this story to one of the big newspapers and I'm sure I'd find one who would be interested in it. Let's expose RLP for the greedy scumbags they are. There are many stories of their victims on this forum that the newspapers would be interested in.

My plan of action as of now is to await a further response from RLP. As we have absolutely nothing to hide I will try and get a doctor's note from my mother outlining her disabilities etc, it's just embarrassing for her to have to ask her doctor for one. Once we get this I am more than happy to send it to RLP, but if we get one more speculative invoice, threat or anything from them I will come down on them like a tonne of bricks and I will not stop until they are exposed and I sincerely hope they read this so they know what's coming for them. Too many people have become victims of them and it's time to stop talking about it and take action, I know I sound like a huge cliche, like a speech in a movie or something but I am absolutely serious about ensuring this kind of treatment happens to no-one else in similar circumstances to ours.

Another reason to send the doctor's note is to see if they continue to harrass us, that would just make an even better story for the press, that they continued to harrass us after proof of her illness.

Another thing that angers me is the fact that they've decided to monitor my posts on this forum which I wouldn't have even bothered posting were we guilty of anything which obviously goes to prove our innocence. It just goes to show what morons they are, they were probably excited to see if I was admitting to us stealing the item or something on this forum and then disappointed when they discovered actually we were telling the truth, but no matter, pursue the matter further anyway. And I just love their response to my last e-mail! I hope I've shaken them up because they aren't getting a single penny and hopefully they've realised we've got them on charges of imprisonment, assault, harassment, defamation of character and more!

Edited by RyanEllis

So, RLP are reading this thread then!

I wonder how quick a nice "we will leave you alone" letter will arrive now media attention is being discussed!

I think you should go straight to the media. You have told them she is seriously ill, you are under no obligation to provide, or indeed pay for a Doctor's Note.

It's time for a big expose in the press. Especially since the likes of RLP never seem to chase the habitual/professional shoplifters, since those people know how to "play the game" this is purely speculative invoicing, and I look forward to companies like RLP doing an "ACS Law" in the courts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tomorrow I'll set up my printer/scanner so I can scan in all the letters I've received so you can all see word for word what they're accusing us of in relation to my responses if you guys are interested. And in the last letter we've received RLP have made it clear that they are monitoring my activities on this forum so if anyone has any messages they would like them to read now's your chance because they're watching us! And I never even thought about paying for the Doctor's Note. There was something like that before that was an issue with our doctor requesting £20 for a letter! It's ridiculous but I in no way blame the doctor.

I also want to make it clear to them that I DON'T make empty threats, and I WILL go to the media once I've received yet another letter from them. I'm not scaring them into sending us a "we'll leave you alone" letter, I'm 100% serious and I can't wait to hear from them again, hopefully based on this forum, probably in the form of "oh, your son is a naughty boy, he's been talking to nasty people online!"

Hi Ryan.

Just a word of caution please. When you scan in the documents, please make sure there are no personal or identifiable details on there.

I'm sure you know more than I do about obscuring those. :)

My best to you and your Mum, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Tomorrow I'll set up my printer/scanner so I can scan in all the letters I've received so you can all see word for word what they're accusing us of in relation to my responses if you guys are interested. And in the last letter we've received RLP have made it clear that they are monitoring my activities on this forum so if anyone has any messages they would like them to read now's your chance because they're watching us! And I never even thought about paying for the Doctor's Note. There was something like that before that was an issue with our doctor requesting £20 for a letter! It's ridiculous but I in no way blame the doctor.

I also want to make it clear to them that I DON'T make empty threats, and I WILL go to the media once I've received yet another letter from them. I'm not scaring them into sending us a "we'll leave you alone" letter, I'm 100% serious and I can't wait to hear from them again, hopefully based on this forum, probably in the form of "oh, your son is a naughty boy, he's been talking to nasty people online!"

I bet RLP is not going to be pleased to see actual scans of its letter's!! Not that there is anything they can do about that, the poor little darlings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Monitoring this forum? What did they say in the letter?

Now we know that Frogboy is an RLP sympathiser but there are more?!

I guess it might have been naive to hunk they might not read here!

Monitoring this forum? What did they say in the letter?

Now we know that Frogboy is an RLP sympathiser but there are more?!

I guess it might have been naive to hunk they might not read here!

Here's what they wrote, word for word quoted from the letter:

We do not know if you are aware, but your son has published your claim on the internet and appears to be taking advice from unqualified, unsuitable sources, which have an alternate agenda, which is certainly not in your interest. Given the position your son and his "advisers" put you in, our client considers it is fair to give you the opportunity to respond appropriately to our correspondence.

I LOVE the way they've worded it. They probably copied and pasted my e-mails into google and found this page in a similar way that verifiers might check someone hasn't copied a piece of work from elsewhere etc. But I'm sure they've found this forum years ago and have been monitoring it to catch people out and that. Anyway, I shall put the scans up removing name address etc, then we'll see how they react to that! :D

Here's what they wrote, word for word quoted from the letter:

We do not know if you are aware, but your son has published your claim on the internet and appears to be taking advice from unqualified, unsuitable sources, which have an alternate agenda, which is certainly not in your interest. Given the position your son and his "advisers" put you in, our client considers it is fair to give you the opportunity to respond appropriately to our correspondence.

I LOVE the way they've worded it. They probably copied and pasted my e-mails into google and found this page in a similar way that verifiers might check someone hasn't copied a piece of work from elsewhere etc. But I'm sure they've found this forum years ago and have been monitoring it to catch people out and that. Anyway, I shall put the scans up removing name address etc, then we'll see how they react to that! :D

Since they think CAG advice is "unsuitable" you could ask RLP if they would prefer you take legal advice regarding their behaviour and harassment and that of their client from an actual trained and qualified lawyer. :shock: I can't think how that could end up going wrong for them ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if yo are going to scan stuff up follow this guide:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So, tk maxx customer services / loss prevention have said nothing to you then, in response to your complaint ?

No cctv disk ?

No subject access request ?

No explanation at all ?

As we all know, rlp dont bother taking people to court (well, bar their 3 'test' cases back in the 90's), so why are you even bothering with them.

I do find it strange though, that you aren't pushing the apology and compensation route with tk's. After all, your account of your treatment will be verified by the cctv, and the holding room audio - and I'd be much more concerned with my treatment by the staff, rather than rlp sending me threats every couple of months.

Dont forget there are time limits on the cctv being supplied under dpa, they have 40 days to produce it. Every day you delay asking for it, is another day when it could be overwritten by the system.

So, tk maxx customer services / loss prevention have said nothing to you then, in response to your complaint ?

No cctv disk ?

No subject access request ?

No explanation at all ?

As we all know, rlp dont bother taking people to court (well, bar their 3 'test' cases back in the 90's), so why are you even bothering with them.

I do find it strange though, that you aren't pushing the apology and compensation route with tk's. After all, your account of your treatment will be verified by the cctv, and the holding room audio - and I'd be much more concerned with my treatment by the staff, rather than rlp sending me threats every couple of months.

Dont forget there are time limits on the cctv being supplied under dpa, they have 40 days to produce it. Every day you delay asking for it, is another day when it could be overwritten by the system.

There is CCTV and RLP has a copy but all they keep saying is stuff like 'it is clear that you are discussing stealing the items etc' and then 'there was no evidence of hysteria on the tape' etc. It'll be more clear when I upload the letters along with my responses etc. I'd like to see the footage myself, they're basically convicting us because we were talking on camera, or 'scheming' as they'd put it, and then we walk out before my mother is grabbed and dragged through the store by a security guard. I have pushed at TK Maxx customer serviced but they've been forwarding my e-mails to RLP telling me they're nothing to do with it etc. There was no mention of the holding room audio or video in the letters received and I'm sure they wouldn't want that to get out.

I've also sent an e-mail to TK Maxx making it clear that I intend to take this to the press. If they actually respond rather than passing the buck to RLP I'll copy and paste it onto here.

I'm going to request the CCTV footage myself and I'm thinking about what I'm going to write to perhaps The Mirror or The Sun, even Watchdog. Another thing of course is if we had enough innocents on this forum, which we clearly do, I know it sounds childish but if we all grouped together and wrote to Watchdog I'm pretty sure we'd get at least a response and maybe they could even be exposed on national television, along with TK Maxx and other stores employing RLP.

This is something I feel strongly about now, based on the continued harassment of my mother and the outright mistreatment. There is the 'ignore it' route, which I have done, and believe me they will not get a penny, but me and my mother both agree that it's time to get them back, it sounds a bit ambitious but I've had enough of them, and I hope they're reading our intentions now and realising that we're going to stop at nothing to take them down. This is a matter of principle now more than anything. I want them to learn they can't just push innocent people around like this. I want them to pay for every single victim they've ever scammed the money out of. I'm taking them down.

Edited by RyanEllis

I have just read this and I am chomping at the bit.

unqualified, unsuitable sources, which have an alternate agenda, which is certainly not in your interest.

Are they sure about that?

Does this company have a crystal ball?

There may be some very qualified people on here that know much more than they do.

I am pretty disgusted that they have treated this lady this way. I hope they are very ashamed of themselves.

This, is not very good publicity for TK and they are not doing themselves any favours in perusing this matter.

They should be tripping over themselves getting an apology out to you and your mother asap and offering some compensation for how they have treated you both.

I certainly wont be shopping with them any more if this is how they treat disabled people as I am disabled myself.

It is very easy for people with disabilities to get confused when out.

I will be writing a letter to the CEO of TKMax out lining my disgust for the way they treat their disabled customers.

Wish your mum well for me Ryan and tell her she has a lot of support. I hope you and your mum get an apology as that is the least you both deserve.

I have just read this and I am chomping at the bit.

Are they sure about that?

Does this company have a crystal ball?

There may be some very qualified people on here that know much more than they do.

I am pretty disgusted that they have treated this lady this way. I hope they are very ashamed of themselves.

This, is not very good publicity for TK and they are not doing themselves any favours in perusing this matter.

They should be tripping over themselves getting an apology out to you and your mother asap and offering some compensation for how they have treated you both.

I certainly wont be shopping with them any more if this is how they treat disabled people as I am disabled myself.

It is very easy for people with disabilities to get confused when out.

I will be writing a letter to the CEO of TKMax out lining my disgust for the way they treat their disabled customers.

Wish your mum well for me Ryan and tell her she has a lot of support. I hope you and your mum get an apology as that is the least you both deserve.

Thank you so much for your support, we both very much appreciate it. We've given TK Maxx more than enough opportunities to apologize and we've received none. The way they wrote the letter was in a way to tell my mother to tell me off for talking to you guys, and they have blatantly lied by calling you unqualified etc. It's all scare tactics of course. I've made it clear to TK Maxx I'm taking this to the press and hopefully many more people, particularly those disabled, decide to shop elsewhere in future, rather than funding a store which treats people this way. Again thanks for all the support. :)