Mass of payday debt, any advice welcomed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A direct debit mandate will say 'Varying amounts on Varying dates', so watch that and cross it out and initial it and get them to initial it so make it one amount on one date.

If you are doing this on line, then get them to agree to the one amount on one date in an email otherwise say no, they have a bank account and can give you the account number and sort code for a standing order.

There can be only one reason that gutter feeding companies want a direct debit.

You are, of course, protected by the direct debit guarantee, but that only guarantees payments made outside what is agreed, so sight what I have pointed out above and read carefully before signing.

Get a prepaid debit card and use that to pay them, they will go in and take every penny.

One tip is to watch out for the £1 difference between your cleared and actual balance, that will mean somebody is 'peeking' at your account.

Standing order is far far better than direct debit mandate.

I do agree with silly girl about standing orders. But as part of the DD guarentee they have to give you notice of how much is going out and when. So if the date or amount changes they have to tell you. If this doesnt happen, invoke the guarentee. Of course the bank will try to tell you differently but fact is fact.

Jon is completely correct, yes, it will be a variable mandate, but they have to give you a schedule of payments they are going to take. if its going to change each month - like a mobile phone contract - they have to give you 14 days written notice of the amount to be debited each time. If they fail to do this, you are entitled to a refund using the indemnity scheme reason "advance notice disputed", or "amounts differ". Therefore, a DD should be absolutely fine..

Hi ChaosTheory,

I have just been reading your post and am in the same situation,i was wondering if you could advise me how long it took QuickQuid to offer you a 12month plan? I am due to default on the 15th March and contacted them via live chat to be told i could either accept the pre-default plan of 253 per month (which i cant afford) or get back in touch on the 15th after payment has failed and request a different ammount.

Did you follow the same procedure with them before they came back with this offer??

Hi ChaosTheory,

I have just been reading your post and am in the same situation,i was wondering if you could advise me how long it took QuickQuid to offer you a 12month plan?

Did you follow the same procedure with them before they came back with this offer??

Hey there, I originally defaulted back in December! They originally kept telling me they would only accept payment plans over 3 months, which I simply couldn't afford. I kept emailing them with my offer, and they then said as a goodwill gesture they'd accept a 5 month plan, but I still couldn't afford. I sent an income and expenditure form, so they could see why this wasn't possible and stuck to my original offer. This last week they offered me a "final resolution." This was a 12 month plan and was their final offer before selling the debt on to a third party.

All in all, a long winded process, but I stuck to my original offer, and they eventually changed their mind =)

i originally agreed a 3 month repayment plan and was unable to afford this. Now they have taken this as 3 seperate loans for the 3 amounts they split it down to which i find unusual.

the original balance was 450 pounds.

today i have received a letter stating they are preparing to sell on the debt but the letter is only for 150 pounds. is this the point when you was given a 12 month repayment plan????

i need to ass them to put this as one loan also as originally cause i refuse to have 3 seperate defaults for the same debt. regards.