Mass of payday debt, any advice welcomed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ah, I checked my email as soon as I'd posted this, and have received one from Wonga saying my offer is acceptable :-D

They've said I can reply by email if preferred, and to tell them when I can start making payments. I'll ask if I can set up a standing order. Their bank details are on here, shall I send them and ask them to confirm they are correct? Or will they wonder where I got them? If that makes sense..

This is a huge relief as this is the biggest debt. I don't feel quite so downhearted now.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

debit help line is a good website and it gives u the chance to help out of debit

If you wanted to have the chance to explain to other provider that you have the problems with your problems.

I also stop using these "loan sharks". I used Banks only to have a loan like sainsburys bank, Halifax, Barclays, Royal Bank of Scotland (Natwest), Lloyds tsb, etc all these are very regulatied

Dear Iaintw,

Thanks for getting in touch and setting up a repayment plan.

You can view the details of your arrangement at anytime by logging in to your account - https://www.wonga.com/Login.aspx - and clicking on 'Repayment arrangement.' Don't worry if you've forgotten your password as you can request a reset at the login page.

We will freeze the balance as long as payments are made in full on the dates agreed. To avoid any hiccups, you should also check the card details in your account are correct, or add a different card and make that the primary one. Please remember that even though we have agreed a repayment plan you can still pay some or all of the outstanding balance at any time on or before the new agreed payment is due by visiting the My Account section of http://www.wonga.com and choose the Repay My Loan option. You can also select or add an alternative card there.

Thanks again for working with us.

Kind regards,

Collections Department

0844 842 9109

Wonga.com

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 07/09/2011

To:

Subject: notice

u taken money from my account on the 11 september can you do it on 12

september 2011

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Buying laptops with advice etc

ISP Moderator and chat room helper for chats

Aviationist and train advice

Credit references and bank helper advice

Loss Protection (civil recovery)

Well done : )Why not ask for their details ? that way they will know to expect payment if your in contactbut here's a link their website with them on I think !https://help.wonga.com/help/payments/repaying/lost-cardmay have to type in the bar tab thingy to get to sitex

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Then click on the left hand side 'repaying my loan' you will see their details in the f.a.q

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

No needed help my loan from wonga has been settled what they said to my CRA

:D

CHEERS

--

me I am helping some people to

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?326053-wonga

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Well done : )Why not ask for their details ? that way they will know to expect payment if your in contactbut here's a link their website with them on I think !https://help.wonga.com/help/payments/repaying/lost-cardmay have to type in the bar tab thingy to get to sitex

I found them :-)

I have asked Wonga for their bank details earlier, but if I don't get a reply or they ask for my card details, I'll copy and paste their details and ask them to confirm that they are correct.

Still nothing from PDE or Textloan. Textloan due tomorrow so may get a response then. If not I'll use their chat function. Do Payday Express have a chat function on their site? Or is that Payday UK I'm thinking of? I'm using my mobile at the moment so can't check

This is great :clap2: soz thinking it is Payday UK with the online chat, to be honest just wait for Payday Express to call you though you can still badger them thats what I did!! they, will, eventually accept your amount, someone here knows they do agree to £10 pm.....! they were one of my fairer ones as it turned out and worth the wait!

to be honest just wait for Payday Express to call you though you can still badger them thats what I did!!

I'm trying to stick to the 'everything in writing' rule. I received calls from a withheld number the day the loan was due, which I assume was them, but I have this thing on my phone that automatically blocks withheld numbers, due to me receiving nuisance calls earlier in the year. I'd rather leave some sort of papertrial.

they, will, eventually accept your amount, someone here knows they do agree to £10 pm.....!

I'm offering £25, if they agree to £10 they should be happy to accept my offer!

Does anyone know any email addresses I can use to contact PDE? The one I'm using is proving pointless

Yeah well I have a papertail too and more for PDE - letters and emails I sent of plus a letter received from them without having to ask cause like I say I found them one of the most responsive when it come to asking for a plan set up - in the end I had no option but to answer their call (I figured I wasn't going to hear any other way and safe in the knowledge you can also put a telephone down/hang up)

Sorry to say but I never communiated with them via email - they quote 'data protection'

At the moment their not my worry and I only replied in question to advise they don't have live chat nor any social interaction pages at present.

Sorry to say but I never communiated with them via email - they quote 'data protection'

At the moment their not my worry and I only replied in question to advise they don't have live chat nor any social interaction pages at present.

Okay, I was simply stating that all the advice I've received to date, both on this website and elsewhere has recommend that communication remain in a written format. Thus, it is not essential, just preferred :)

After reading the threads here dedicated to PDE, it would appear the majority struggle to get a response via email. Which phone number did you use asmile? I have one off their website but the one they text me is completely different. If I don't get anywhere I can always record the conversation and ask for written confirmation of the repayment plan before setting up the standing order.

I didn't have to phone to get the plan arranged - they phoned me after I kept emailing

I did make the mistake of once calling early on when I was suprised I didn't get a reply (except their generated trash) but obviously they didn't want to know the lady rep just repeated pretty much word for word what I'd seen on here to which is why I'd definately say let them do the phoning

Really funny they were almost quite pleased we wouldn't have to speak again for 6 months ! lol!

before I know I had a letter confirming everything - though this was sent from someone else at the company

Bizzarre?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318675-Payday-Express-could-really-do-with-advice-**&p=3582929#post3582929

I didn't have to phone to get the plan arranged - they phoned me after I kept emailing

Oh I see! Apologies! If they phone I'll answer, but as I say, I think it's withheld, so not sure if/when it's them??

Update/Summary:

Wonga accepted, just want written confirmation they'll freeze interest charges.

PDE due 2 days ago; sent plan, received one automated email saying it was overdue and many texts. Resent plan, received text saying they'd not had contact from me. Emailed them proof/copies of the 2 original emails and outlined plan a third time.

Txt Loan due tomorrow. Plan sent. One automated reply saying they'd got my email and will respond ASAP.

Speed Credit due Sunday, plan sent but nothing received.

Hey guys, opinions on this?

I offered Txtloan £28.75 a month, meaning the balance would be paid off in 4 months if they freeze interest. Got this in response:

We are willing to modify your repayment details and agree that you can pay back the outstanding balance as follows:

REPAYMENT PLAN:

Date: 2011-11-30 | Amount £35.00

Date: 2011-12-30 | Amount £35.00

Date: 2012-01-30 | Amount £35.00

Date: 2012-02-29 | Amount £35.00

Date: 2012-03-30 | Amount £35.00

Date: 2012-04-30 | Amount £43.00

Total Sum: £218.00

We are not able to freeze intrest as the pay back time is too long. We might consider freezing intrest if you agree to pay back early next week, latest 22nd November. Please let us know ASAP of your choice.

_____

For starters I can't pay anything til 5th December. And I don't understand why they can't freeze interest/charges??

Update from Txtloan, they've agreed to £28.75 a month but will not budge on the interest, so it'd be £103 more than my current outstanding balance. Any suggestions as to what to say to get them to freeze interest and charges?

Speedcredit expires today, not a peep. Can only assume they are closed Sundays.

Nothing back from Wonga regarding accepting payment by standing order.

Still nothing from PDE.

dont do it. tey are taking £10 per month from me and all charges and interest frozen. Just keep biting back at them. they will back down !
I don't know what else to say to them in an attempt to get them to freeze interest, I've asked several times now :(

There was an article in The Metro todaymainly talking about quickquid and wonga. It said that they charged interest for 60 days following default and a one off charge for missed payment.I am not saying this is accurate , certainly not what I found. Guess its the PDL companys PR dept going into overdrive

So after numerous texts and emails already today, it turns out Speed Credit are Toothfairy Finance. And they're already getting nasty! All the progress and happiness I felt dealing with Wonga has just gone straight out the window. The other companies won't budge, and although their threats are only words I feel worse than ever :-(

Seen as I'm not getting anywhere with emailing Speed Credit customer services, do you reckon I should try contacting Toothfairy instead?

I also think it's makes a hugh difference on when you tell the companies you can't make the due payment. If it's pre-default you can maybe make an issue of itI found the ones who froze balances and interest imediately were the ones that asked for and received income and expenditure details - you can tell a ruthless company by this alone, those who don't ask for it will attempt to continue to make profit however they can.Will you be in charge of payments to txt loans Chaos?

So after numerous texts and emails already today, it turns out Speed Credit are Toothfairy Finance. And they're already getting nasty! All the progress and happiness I felt dealing with Wonga has just gone straight out the window. The other companies won't budge, and although their threats are only words I feel worse than ever :-(

Seen as I'm not getting anywhere with emailing Speed Credit customer services, do you reckon I should try contacting Toothfairy instead?

Any chance you can get to the CAB - they won't be easily dealt with, Please don't get down but you need professional advice and help NOW xI imagine they may pass to NDR - Nothern Debt Recovery

asmile, I've already received an email from NDR. Sent a reply to them, Speed credit and Toothfairy finance but not heard anything back.

Nothing from Payday Express.

Wonga have agreed to my repayment plan, but when I emailed asking to confirm their bank details and to provide written confirmation they will freeze interest, I got no response.

Asked TxtLoan again to freeze interest. Got this back;

"We have frozen your intrest at 218£. As stated in my previous email we can consider taking off any additional charges if you pay back 117£ latest 22nd of November.

To clarify all the sums and any additional questions you might have, I have attached your Agreement, which you agreed to when you took out your loan."

If I could pay £117 tomorrow then that's my loan repaid! How on earth have they slapped on £103 when it's one day overdue?! The file she's attached won't open on my phone or laptop.

I've been given a ticket number, so all these replies are from the same person. Shall I persevere or get a new ticket number to see if I can get through to someone else?

chaos asked debit help line

stick with the same ticket number. no point starting again. ask them to refer your case to their collections team. thats what I did and things took a turn for the better. It can be demoralising, but stick with it. The longer they play email ping pong, the longer they wait to get their money and you have shown a willingness to repay. Also ask for a breakdown of the figure they have given you and challenge it back.

At Iaintw - I hope you mean National Debtline :?:

NOT Debt Line the fee charging debt management company!!

Chaos, if you can try someone else it may be worth a go again at Txt Loan - can you see if they have a trade association? might be displayed on their website, you could also try making a formal complaint

their in the wrong if you contacted them before defaulting as 247 Moneybox (same address I believe!?) expressed great delight in telling me if I contacted them before guess what the charges would never have applied...so on this basis..... !!! if you get me

Payday Express - I found took just over a week to be sorted

Though I did have a lot of loans (v embarrassed now) am remembering the conversation :redface: I won't bite the hand that is helping me at the mo plan to keep on with the low repayment amt till the 6 month review then I guess back to square one

Could be Wonga will confirm in a letter but they are being daft !!

Your doing the right thing in quering this now (the freezing of interest) as has the potencial to cause trouble later on

I got this back after questioning their charges:

Your loan amount was 100£ which you borrowed for 15 days and agreed to pay back 117£ on your due date, which was 3 days ago. There are no additional interests added to this sum, only what you agreed to pay back per Agreement. If you pay it by tomorrow, we are considering removing additional charges and the total amount would be 117£. If not, you are expected to pay back 218£, making partial payments each month.

I don't want to turn around and say I know first hand by reading this forum they can freeze interest if they want to, but I don't see how it's one story for one person and a different story for others?! I'd love to know, but so far they've been relatively okay, I wouldn't want things to get nasty.