Mass of payday debt, any advice welcomed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it will be on their bank within 2 or three working days

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Buying laptops with advice etc

ISP Moderator and chat room helper for chats

Aviationist and train advice

Credit references and bank helper advice

Loss Protection (civil recovery)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick one, no way to using the online payment system, many CFO debitors have done this to their cost!Sorry I have to read and run x

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

From my experience standing order is best though can also do payment transfer via your own online banking (might go in the 2 hrs faster payments if your still with Lloyds TSB)

Using the payment system of these companies may give your card details.

Don't stress yourself payment will reach them via S/O if taking a couple of days at max to show. Have you reminded the companies of your 'payday' xx

Edited by asmilecostsnothing
add cos I missed the bank transfer question!

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

I've emailed Wonga and Txtloan to tell them that the standing orders were set up in my local branch on Saturday, and have been arranged to go out 5th every month starting today. I have apologised that the money has not been received yet, and have told them that if they require proof that the standing orders are in place I can provide them with a screen-shot of my internet banking screen. Will see what they have to say. :undecided:

Okay, I told Wonga I had made repayment by standing order, to which they sent an email back saying thanks. However I got an email today saying they've still not received my repayment?! The money left my account on 6th, I've sent them screenshots of my internet banking showing the payment and my standing orders. Any ideas?

Speed Credit have told me they won't accept less than £70 a month which is for "the full amount" as they call it, which is supposedly £767! I haven't a clue what to do as I can't even afford half of that per month! :-(

However, good news, I confessed to my fiance. Since WDA wiped my account I've been so worried and he asked me why I'd been distant. Stupidly, we were at work on our break, but I guess there's no perfect time to approach the subject. I'm glad I did though, I think it came as a shock but he was very understanding and supportive. Most difficult thing I've ever done but thank you to those who told me I should do it :-)

I think I'm going to contact one of those free companies to set up a DMP for me with the rest of the companies. I'm not getting anywhere with emails back and forth and the stress is just too much. I know Speed Credit/Toothfairy claim not to do repayment plans but if it does escalate further I'll have proof I've tried to negotiate and can show I'm trying to pay it back.

Just had enough now :-(

Hi Choas

My heart goes out to you,:hug: dealing with these companies is a lot like the lotto and who you get.

I am also glad you been able to talk with the other half this will relief some pressure give it time - it is never nice but you can get through this - time is a healer

Can you call National Debtline tomorrow hun, it will be one of the best things you can do

free on 0808 808 4000

They will help go through your income and talk through all your options

The companies offering free debt management is Payplan and CCCS

pleasssseee don't ever pay anyone to manage your debts no matter how tempting they sound - your debt will end up costing more

Good luck and big hugs x

Hi Chaos

You have done amazingly well, and I am so pleased you were able to tell your fiance. I agree with asmile, call national debtline. these bastards like toothfairy need chopping off at the knees and hopefully Debtline will help. Once debtline get involved it will be a weight off your shoulders

Thanks for the kind words guys. I contacted Payplan a while back but was unable to answer their call as I was at work. After seeing this forum I decided not to call them back and to try to tackle this myself, although it's just too much for me now.

Asmile, I wouldn't dream of paying for debt advice. You're in debt, why would you lose more money paying for a service that you can get elsewhere for free?!

I'll call National Debtline tomorrow after work. Their website has something called 'my money steps' that gives advice tailored to your personal circumstances, so I may have a look at that first.

Good girl - National Debtline are open till 9 in the eves Mon - Fri and are open Saturday mornings

Someone can correct me but it used to be calling them from a mobile is free

Sorry for any offence caused to yourself or Jon, but I was also thinking of the people that will hit this site in the future and see this thread, some will be in panic and no doubt listen to some of the fee charging DM companies that don't make it very clear they charge to help people. (not saying their all dis-honest) but it does happen because there is not enough help to go around or waiting lists are so long it's easy to go for the quickest option which may mean paid for.

Anyway I hope to be finishing up soon myself but another really useful site I was directed to is www.creditaction.org.uk

xx

Oh no, no offence taken at all! It's difficult to tell in written form, I was just saying that if someone were really struggling with debt why would they pay for advice when there are companies that do the same for free? I understand there aren't enough of these companies around to help everyone straight away but charging for the service seems silly to me. It's money you could be using to pay a debt! Every little helps and all that :-)

Will look at that site now, thanks for your continued help :-D

I think you will find that handing it over now you have done the hard work is a waste of time and effort.

If companies do not accept you are in a self administered DMP report them to the Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards and their own organisation the British Cheque Cashing Association - they won't play ball with National Debtline or Payplan anyway and state it is in their terms and conditions and you are now committing fraud by going to them.... load of tripe.

No offence taken either. For me , it suited me. I was in such a state and the waiting list for CCCS was unacceptably long at the time. Also as you know the guy doing it was a personal friend and sometimes being honest about who you are and what you have done can be quite hard to a stranger. Apparently gay men are over represented in this area (people with huge debts) partly because the lifestyle we are expected to have etc etc

Good girl - National Debtline are open till 9 in the eves Mon - Fri and are open Saturday mornings

Someone can correct me but it used to be calling them from a mobile is free

Sorry for any offence caused to yourself or Jon, but I was also thinking of the people that will hit this site in the future and see this thread, some will be in panic and no doubt listen to some of the fee charging DM companies that don't make it very clear they charge to help people. (not saying their all dis-honest) but it does happen because there is not enough help to go around or waiting lists are so long it's easy to go for the quickest option which may mean paid for.

Anyway I hope to be finishing up soon myself but another really useful site I was directed to is www.creditaction.org.uk

xx

• 1 month later...

Righty, long time no speak!

Things are going well, except Speed Credit are refusing to come to an agreement over a repayment plan with myself or a third party. However, they have accepted a full and final settlement figure of £400, which my partner has agreed to give me. I know that we should only pay our original loan about plus one months interest, but this is only a small amount more than that figure. Also considering they claim I now owe almost £1000, I'm happy to pay £400 just to get rid of them as the stress of feeling with these guys is making me ill =(

I have written confirmation from Speed credit, Ndr and Marshall Hoares that this will close the account and wipe any other debt they claim I've accrued. They want it within 7 days, which isn't a problem. Question is, I don't want to give them my card details so would a bank transfer be safe? Can they get any details from this? If so, what method can I use to ensure they can't get any of my bank details and still get the cash in 7 days?

Many thanks

get their sort code and account number and ask your bank to send the money by faster payment...you will usually need your bank card with you so they can verify you via chip and pin. Faster Payments are pretty much sent in real time but the party line is that it can take up to two hours...job done !

its as safe as you will get.

put it this way, if you were to send them a cheque, they would have your bank details but you wouldnt expect any wrong doing from them by doing that.

faster payments are an alternative to cheques... if they really wanted, they could find out your bank details from their bank....thats all ifs and buts though...

simple answer is its as safe as delivering cash to their doorstep :-)

Just a quick response to this. I've only just read the last few posts.

Does this debt show on your credit files? If yes, then try and get some sort of guarantee from them that they will also update the credit reference agency/s that the account is bow settled and satisfied.

Shame they wouldn't agree to a payment plan, but I'm sure it will be a weight lifted off your shoulders knowing that these shysters will not be pestering you anymore!

It never rains but it pours...

• 3 weeks later...

Just another quick question;

QuickQuid have offered me a 12 month repayment plan as a final offer before sending the debt to a collection agency. I'm going to accept but they've said they only accept debit cards or a direct debit mandate. I've told all my PDL companies I don't have a debit card. How safe is a direct debit mandate? Doesn't this mean they can alter the amounts? Has anyone got them to accept a standing order?

No, but in truth I paid them by Direct debit without any problems (yeah it was stomach churning the first couple of months...) but I was fine

If there is anything good I have to say about QQ it would probably be they didn't raid my account

That said I ABSOLUTELY REFUSED TO GIVE CARD DETAILS which they asked for in addition and since my direct debit was finished they have not tried to re-set it up so far (and we're now 3 months on)

Hope this helps - or use paypal

Edited by asmilecostsnothing