ACI re old lending stream PDL - bluffing with ridiculous Verify 'reconnection agent' threats.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ACI (Asset Collections and Investigations when they neither collect assets or investigate) believe I have a 5 year old debt (under 300 GBP) with them. Naturally, they won't go legal for that amount, so they've resorted to sending me theatrical threats such as this email:

"The deadline for us to agree to a payment plan or to hear from you if you are unable to pay is fast approaching.

Our next step will be to instruct Verify to conduct a home visit.

This will result in them attending your home address to confirm that this remains where you live and to assist you with contacting us.

This is a serious matter that requires your immediate attention."

They accompany this with texts, emails and letters counting down the days until they will send a Verify agent (oh no!).

It's clearly scare tactics and hoping that people will believe this "Reconnection Home Visit" has the powers of a bailiff.

Laughable already, but I dug out some old letters and saw they threatened the same thing 4 years ago.

Anyone showing up will be told simply to Foxtrot Oscar.

I found a job posting for a Verify Agent online, they're employed on a self-employed basis and paid "125-175" GBP a day (likely the lower amount) using their own transport and working weekends. What an opportunity.

More seriously, is this legal?

They don't use the usual equivocal language saying explicitly that someone WILL attend, even though they presumably won't. 

Latest text says

"To avoid Verify agents attending your home address please call today to resolve this matter amicably".

How unamicably are they planning to resolve it if I don't?

By breaking my kneecaps?

is this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nope it's a different PDL (Gain t/a Lending Stream) for just over 200 pounds.

They have the correct contact info and address already and, given it's been 5 years since the default, I don't believe they will take any legal action, just try every tactic and bluff to 'shake the tree' until it reaches SB date.

• dx100uk changed the title to ACI re old lending stream PDL - bluffing with ridiculous Verify 'reconnection agent' threats.

thread title updated.

await until/if a paploc comes then

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes ACI do take legal action through TM Legal. Seen it happen. 

If a PAPLOC does turn up then respond accordingly. 

Other side of it here, dealt with ACI a lot over the last couple of years - They seem to be having issues getting all those PDLs they bought to a profit stance. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis