Item cheaper elsewhere

Abelly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to know for example, Argos is selling a DVR box at £249.99 and Comet at £199.99. If I had not shopped around and brought the Argos one could I have taken it back to Argos to either get a refund or the money difference?.

Is there a legal obligation to do that?

Don't be afraid to speak out loud!

I would like to know for example, Argos is selling a DVR box at £249.99 and Comet at £199.99. If I had not shopped around and brought the Argos one could I have taken it back to Argos to either get a refund or the money difference?.

Is there a legal obligation to do that?

Although there is no legal obligation to do so, Argos have a 30 day refund policy.

I thought the above too also, but not all stores price match. Fortunately I shop around before I commit to a purchase as well as checking reviews on products.

Don't be afraid to speak out loud!

Lots of stores have a "price match guarantee" but they also are full of exceptions. Some do not price match online prices, some it needs to be a nationwide chain that they price match. Some stores offer a "14 / 30 days returns policy", but unless the stores policy is otherwise, you cannot return the item once purchased from a store (although for online purchases companies legally have to offer a cooling off period)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

If I find a place cheaper after I've purchased the item I always take it back and get a refund.

But that is at the stores discretion or the stores own policy. You have no legal right to demand a refund if something is bought in error.

As with Argos you pay for the item before you see it... do the DSR's not apply?

Just a thought.

No, because you are there in store and you can ask to inspect the item there and then. DSRs are in place as over the phone and internet you cannot inspect the items.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

When an advertisement declares or implies that the price of an article is the best available and you find something better, there is then the right to rescind because of the Misrepresentation Act 1967.

It is therefore an offence to present a best price guarantee i.e. "rights given to consumers in law as a distinctive feature of the trader’s offer."

(number 10 of Schedule 1 to The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008)

If they're not pretending that the price is anything so special there is no complaint to make.

• Haha 1