• Tweets

• As one of you mentioned above I've been in a mess for nearly 20 years now and I'm ready to sort my credit report out now - the main reason I got into second round of debt is my kids being unwell and the state considering them not unwell enough for extra help so despite my son being in hospital for 3 months in one year we got extra zero help and I eventually lost my job and got into debt to just so I can be تا my sons hospital bed at his time of need - my life basically fell apart and all these debts got me again 
    • Gosh mate I've woke up this morning with half the worry I had last night when going to sleep!.  I can't believe how much this forum has helped me over the years and I don't  have the words to explain the gratitude I feel towards you guys -  Now that I've slept on it I feel ready to reject this company and my plan is to make them an offer to accept payments to date as full and final settlement - I will I think write them a letter once my review is completed or maybe just send it now whilst they are reviewing explaining my kids are unwell for which reason I'm struggling to survive and if I can politely request for them to accept payment to date as a full and final - I'll mention I don't have any cash or anyone to borrow from to offer a full or even part amount of the remaining balance of the iva and therfore am unable to make a offer of payment.   If they agree to at least even put my offer to the creditors then I feel it's better I hang in there and that way I won't have to deal with any possibilities of more defaults and ccjs    Right now the only adverse effects on my credit report are the iva that is now 3 years old and 2 Ccj one coming of this July and one thus October.    But I am worried new action will begin and new defaults and Ccj may start to appear because I've paying into an agreement im under the impression the 6 year rules starts again so yes I have lost of mixed feelings about this but I'm not going to lie you guys have put some life back into my breath this week as for the last 3 years I've felt caged like an animal and this morning I feel freer I can't explain how much but certainly my soul feel lighter today thanks to yin because I'm now viewing this review totally different to I do yesterday thanks to you guys 
    • Court name UNKNOWN Case number ********** Amount N/A Confirmed by Insolvency Service Date issued May 2021 Type Voluntary Arrangement Notes If you have questions about voluntary arrangements you should speak to the Insolvency Service.     I started this in 2021. So it's been about 3 years I've been paying. 
    • Thanks @lookinforinfo@Nicky Boyi sent across the agreement earlier in this thread. No mention of financial reward to the MA. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done on the sly. As I said earlier, the owner of OPS is a convicted criminal, with a very shady reputation around these parts.
    • The average high street easy-access account pays 1.7% interest - but savers could earn 5% if they moved their money elsewhere. We look at which banks have the top rates.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

unfortunately as you know my agreement is almost 100% :(

Just sent off for a full sar today so I shall see what turns up

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Below is an excerpt from the oft booklet non cancellable agreements.

it seems as though yours is NON cancellable because you signed on trade premises

rgds

dave

Thanks Dave, I suspected as much. Looks like I'll have to hit them with a Section 85 claim instead :D

Hi Everyone,

Have just received Interesting reply to CCA request from Morgan Stanley!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/Themainman_bucket/CCF01052007_00002.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/Themainman_bucket/CCF01052007_00001.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/Themainman_bucket/Application.jpg

Morgan Stanley are at least of the opinion that a application form is an application form!

The credit card agreement? was on the reverse side of letter supplying new cards for account.

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

Hi Everyone,

Morgan Stanley are at least of the opinion that a application form is an application form!

The credit card agreement? was on the reverse side of letter supplying new cards for account.

what year did you take the card out? the credit card agrement bit seems to comply with the 2006 cca. just looked agian yep cca 2006

This was taken out in 2001, T&C sent are the current ones and the agreement was sent on the reverse side of a new card issue this year, but I am going to look through paper work now as I may still have it and dont remember them on the back!

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

This was taken out in 2001, T&C sent are the current ones and the agreement was sent on the reverse side of a new card issue this year, but I am going to look through paper work now as I may still have it and dont remember them on the back!

:D an application is just that not a credit agreement.

Originally Posted by ian1969uk viewpost.gif

Following my complaint to Consumer Direct regarding MBNA, I had a call to arrange a meeting with Consumer Advice this Friday. Then today I received a letter from Trading Standards, asking me to send them copies of the correspondence between me and MBNA. I phoned them and asked if I still needed to attend on Friday. Interestingly she said that the appointment on Friday was for advice on where I stood as a consumer, Trading Standards were investigating the criminal matters within the case (her words, not mine).

I told her what MBNA had sent me as an agreement and she said that an application form wasn't an agreement and so they were still in default. She also confirmed that her view was that when they had defaulted, they were not allowed to add interest or charges to the account.

I've sent all of the letters to her and she said she will be back in touch. I have cancelled Friday's meeting as I don't feel I need the consumer advice, I just want TS to investigate MBNA.

:D an application is just that not a credit agreement.

Apparently not according to MBNA! See my post "6521" above. Apparently an application "serves two purposes, it is an application and a credit agreement".:rolleyes:

I am shocked that none of you jumped on my post! I thought there'd be uproar!!! LOL! :o

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Everyone,

Main, I am about to go into battle with Goldfish/Morgan Stanley. You'll like this people.......I asked for a true copy of my executed agreement (from 1992) and I have taken delivery of.......over the last week :

243, YES TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY THREE, copies of a conjectured agreement - current address, current credit limit, current charges, no sig boxes, no sigs and each and every one sequentially numbered.

I did post on Addabet's thread, he doesn't know about this update!! LOL!

Sorting Office have told me I will have to collect if it continues, I think it is winding down as I only got 40 in this morning's post!!!

I thought you were only supposed to have one???!!!!:rolleyes::D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

:lol: @ that Corn...thats funny

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

and the bad backs :lol:

LOL! pford and MainMan, the first delivery was 140-odd and I thought somebody had collapsed behind the front door because I couldn't get in without a struggle, the next lot (60-odd), he told me that I would have to collect from the Sorting Office if this continued. This morning, he actually knocked and said he'd been able to manage this lot but putting them through the door was rather time consuming!!!

He said "whoever this is, they must like you". Little does he know.......:rolleyes::-D

Anybody got any ideas on what to do with 243 copies of Goldfish's "The Facts" leaflet?

The Fact is Goldfish.........you've been framed!!!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Well according to the Gospel Of Morgan Stanley an 'application' is an application so our brothers at MBNA better start singing from the same hymn sheet!:D

Ah but they won't, because apparently, they are allowed to "convert" a credit card mailer into a "consumer credit agreement". They are obviously regulated by an authority we have no knowledge about!:rolleyes:

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Anybody got any ideas on what to do with 243 copies of Goldfish's "The Facts" leaflet?

The Fact is Goldfish.........you've been framed!!!:D

Any good at origami could make 243 heron ;)

Hi MAIN...

I got EXACTLTY the same docs and the same go away from the same people. Just sent Jude Milner a put up or shut up letter and fired one to moorcroft as well

looks were in the same boat so to speak

see my thread on

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/84285-ccas-dave-against-world.html

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

icon1.gif Re: Consumer Credit Act Agreements

Hi MAIN...

I got EXACTLY the same docs and the same go away from the same people. Just sent Jude Milner a put up or shut up letter and fired one to moorcroft as well

see my thread on

CCA's and Dave against the world !!!

Cheers will definitely have a look, I am now receiving replies to CCA requests daily for me and the Main Woman (or so she thinks!). Trying also to do as much research as time allows under a paper mountain that Corn would be proud of:lol:

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

icon1.gif Re: Consumer Credit Act Agreements

Hi MAIN...

I got EXACTLY the same docs and the same go away from the same people. Just sent Jude Milner a put up or shut up letter and fired one to moorcroft as well

see my thread on

CCA's and Dave against the world !!!

Cheers will definitely have a look, I am now receiving replies to CCA requests daily for me and the Main Woman (or so she thinks!). Trying also to do as much research as time allows under a paper mountain that Corn would be proud of:lol:

LOL!!! If you can beat my paper mountain Main, I will gladly hand over my crown. I might just post a picture of the Goldfish stuff, it has to be seen to be believed!!!!:rolleyes:

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Any good at origami could make 243 heron ;)

LOFL!!!! Love it!!!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Main, I am about to go into battle with Goldfish/Morgan Stanley. You'll like this people.......I asked for a true copy of my executed agreement (from 1992) and I have taken delivery of.......over the last week :

243, YES TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY THREE, copies of a conjectured agreement - current address, current credit limit, current charges, no sig boxes, no sigs and each and every one sequentially numbered.

I did post on Addabet's thread, he doesn't know about this update!! LOL!

Sorting Office have told me I will have to collect if it continues, I think it is winding down as I only got 40 in this morning's post!!!

I thought you were only supposed to have one???!!!!:rolleyes::D

THAT IS FUNNY!!! I bet your postman loves delivering your mail? :-D

certainly getting your pounds worth! (assume it doesnt cost them £30 to send a letter after all)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

OH MY GOD!!!

Methinks MS mst be going into panic mode.

I would go out and buy 242 envelopes, put each copy within, address them to MS minus stamps of course and send them all back together.

AC

Letter from MBNA this morning, I think they're on the ropes a little.

All the usual blurb about them being right and me being wrong, but they have agreed to refund the remaining penalty charges amount of £550, meaning they have now refunded the full amount of £930.

They trust this is the end of the matter.

Erm, not really MBNA. There's still the small matter of the interest you've added whilst in default of my S78 request, the application form you expect me to accept as my agreement, the S85 default you are asking me to drop as you sent a credit card mailer, and now we need to get Trading Standard's views on your conduct.

The end of the matter? Nah, just the beginning.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks