• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I don't know - I go out for a few hours and come back to find my monitor heat damaged!! :D

Anyway, Dave777 has picked up on one very important issue that I keep having to clarify (and it's not just you Zubo!)

An agreement that does not contain all the required information is NOT UNexecuted - it is IMPROPERLY executed - and there is a HUGE difference!!

The only time that an agreement would be UNexecuted is if it has not been signed by BOTH parties - in which case it has not actually been made!!

An agreement that has been signed by BOTH parties is, and always has been EXECUTED. However, if that EXECUTED agreement does not comply with the form and content requirements of the CCA then it is IMPROPERLY executed.

It's VERY important that people do not confuse the 2 definitions, particularly if they are actively challenging the enforceability of their agreements. :eek:

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all

I don't know - I go out for a few hours and come back to find my monitor heat damaged!! :D

Anyway, Dave777 has picked up on one very important issue that I keep having to clarify (and it's not just you Zubo!)

An agreement that does not contain all the required information is NOT UNexecuted - it is IMPROPERLY executed - and there is a HUGE difference!!

The only time that an agreement would be UNexecuted is if it has not been signed by BOTH parties - in which case it has not actually been made!!

An agreement that has been signed by BOTH parties is, and always has been EXECUTED. However, if that EXECUTED agreement does not comply with the form and content requirements of the CCA then it is IMPROPERLY executed.

It's VERY important that people do not confuse the 2 definitions, particularly if they are actively challenging the enforceability of their agreements. :eek:

Regards, Pam

My head hurts.

I have asked for copies of credit agreements from HFC to see why my loan wont go down.

I found a copy since and found it NOT signed by HFC (then Benificial) does this mean its UNEXECUTED.

Trevor

My head hurts.

I have asked for copies of credit agreements from HFC to see why my loan wont go down.

I found a copy since and found it NOT signed by HFC (then Benificial) does this mean its UNEXECUTED.

Trevor

Hi Trevor

Not necessarily. The copy of your agreement that a creditor has to send you as a 2nd copy, shortly after you have signed up, does not have to show any signatures or your name or address and it may be that the copy you have found is a 2nd copy.

Have you requested the copy agreement under s77/78 CCA and have they sent anything yet?

Let us know what they come back with and we'll give our opinions on it.

And having a hurting head is a recognised side effect of perusing this site!! :-D:eek::-D

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Sorry to jump in - thought I might provide the following to aide any further conversation - after all that's what this area is about isn't it? informed sharing of knowledge and requests for advice/guidance?

I have read parts of it e28.

So please remind me what section points to the 12 working days, as you are dying to tell me.

From the OFT Website - link in CAG statute library - During the lifetime of an agreement...

2) Duty to provide information during the lifetime of an agreement at the

request of a customer or surety

A customer (or surety if a different person from the customer) has, during the lifetime of an agreement (whether fixed-sum credit, running-account credit or hire), the right, to request from the trader concerned:

a copies of certain documents, and

b a statement of certain information.

Any such request from a customer or surety must be in writing and accompanied by the appropriate fee of £1.

In the case of a request from a customer for a copy of a security instrument, it is sufficient for the trader to supply the copy. No further information need be given.

The trader must provide in all other cases copies of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it. In the case of a request from a surety, a copy of the security instrument (if any) must be provided in addition.

The statement of information by the trader must:

be signed by or on behalf of the trader

show the information listed below, and

be given within 12 working days after receiving a request.

Type of regulated agreement

Fixed-sum credit (including hire-purchase)

Information to be given

A statement giving the following information:

the total sum paid under the agreement;

details of the total arrears due together with the

individual amounts which go to make up the total

and the dates when each became payable;

details of future instalments payable under the

agreement along with the date when each becomes

due and the total sum payable. (If, owing to lack of

information, it is not possible to give these details,

it is sufficient for a trader to state the basis on

which they could be ascertained.)

Running-account credit

A statement giving the following information:

the state of the account

the state of the account;

the amount, if any, currently payable by the

customer;

the amounts and due dates of any payments which

will later become payable by the customer provided

he does not draw further on the account. If, owing

to lack of information, it is not possible to give

these details, it is sufficient for a trader to state the

basis on which they could be ascertained.

Points to note

If the trader fails to comply with a request from a customer or surety within one month from the end of the 12 days, he commits an offence. Until he does comply with the request, he is not entitled to enforce the agreement.

Ah but can you provide the elusive link to the Criminal Justice Act 1982? If you can then I WILL be impressed!

The link to the CJA and available legislation on any government website was launched in 1996. Initially, legislation was only available from that year. In 2000, government took the decision to include older legislation for which they had electronic files. These files only dated back to 1988. Prior to this, legislation is only available in its original print format. The closest link to the CJA 82 is Criminal Justice Act 1988

as amended and produced in 1988. Hope this helps!

Lets shake hands and get on now eh?

Best regards

Perseus

• Haha 2

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

Guest The Terminator
Hi all can you check this is what CRAP1 sent me as my agreement under CCA request.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t8/dpick1947/Crap1agreement.jpg

I believe this is just application, they sent this page only no copy of reverse side or leaflet for PPI

dpick:p

Well if that was put in front of a judge I'm sure his comment would be it's an application form.It says it clearly at the top.So how would Crap 1 be able to deny that it isn't

Perseus,

From the OFT Website - link in CAG statute library - During the lifetime of an agreement...

etc.....

thanks for this, i think alot of people (including myself!) will find your confirmation useful:)

Gooders

If I have helped tip my scales:)

I am not a legal eagle, professional accountant, [problem] artist or axe murder so please bear in mind that my advice is just that advice from someone in the same boat as you.......

Claims:

Lloyds TSB Acct 1 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d/Statements received/£2500ish to be claimed + contractual interest

Lloyds TSB Acct 2 - *WON* over £5K won with compond CI at 28.9%

Lloyds TSB PPI *WON* - CCA'd/They cant find agreement/£2650 awarded

Halifax TSB Closed account issues*WON* - £610 in compensation for an account closed with £10 in it!

Student Loans - 20 Feb 07 CCA'd/on back burner for now

Hmmm seems Im on the right end of winning, God that feels GOOD!

Not only an application form, but lacking prescribed terms it is therefore improperly executed.

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

300 posts wahoo!

I feel like a spartan

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

thank you z for your help will send letter3 today as they didnt send us anything just tool the £1 as a gesture payment off the debt and asked for a better regime of payments i had to laugh lol

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

OK Terminator. Theft as defined under the Theft Act 1968.

Now that is a criminal offence.

Are you suggesting they are guilty of theft?

Hiya

This is not an attack at all, but the Theft Act was replaced by the Fraud Act 2006 as far as I am aware, so any offences for theft would be prosecuted under the new Fraud Act! :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Hi everbody,

Can I please just say the following:

I am concerned that recently people have been getting into personal and childish debates over things that have been discussed in the past.

Just because they were discussed in the past, doesn't mean we can't discuss them again - this thread is over 266 pages long and it might help some people reading that are "new" to this thread. Plus, discussing them again might mean that we uncover other things that weren't thought of at the beginning.

I am getting uncomfortable with some of the attitudes on this site as I feel that CAG is a very valuable resource and we should all respect everyone else's opinons and help and support each other - if someone is unsure of the process, or needs more info, then we should be trying to find and telling them collectively - not just saying "this was discussed in March 1901 somewhere at the beginning of this thread"

Goodness me, we have only got were we have got today by healthy debate and discussion and by sharing and pooling our knowledge. Some people have more knowledge than others, some have more experience than others, but everyone should still be made to feel welcome and spoken to with respect.

I know that people sometimes feel reluctant to ask questions/think outloud about things for fear of being "shot down" which isn't really the culture we should be norturing on this forum - or this thread!

I am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, but at the end of the day this is all happening far too much for my liking and if this post makes me "unpopular" (Not that I was in the first place! ;)) then I am sorry, but I feel this has to be said.

These are my observations and posted in the hope that we can all move on from these "arguments" and get on with the campaign!! :) :) :) :)

I commend the work done on this thread (and others) as it really has helped to spearhead the campaign to make lenders conform to the law.

*Phew - Un1boy sculks back into the corner*

• Haha 1

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

what might help is, if someone cleared all the crap posts that are irrelevent to the topic and that way you might be able to use this as a reference and avoid repeating. for example there must be no. of post referring to the time for producing CCA 12+2+month and so on

what might help is, if someone cleared all the crap posts that are irrelevent to the topic and that way you might be able to use this as a reference and avoid repeating. for example there must be no. of post referring to the time for producing CCA 12+2+month and so on

Hi Humbleman

Thanks for your post.

I don't believe that any posts in this thread are "Crap" some may be irrelevant to sec 85 and 77-79 requests but most are relevant but at a differnet angle.

I also think it is good to have a bit of banter between people - that's the way that we can all make sense of it and also form friendships.

I understand your point and a reference may be a good idea - there are other threads however that have attempted and actually do provide a reference, step by step guides etc.....

You could try Zubo's thread?

Consumer Credit Act - Resources Workshop

My charges claims:

Default removals:

There are a number of posts saying that there are too many posts to see the relevant posts too, and we've got a number of posts asking the same thing (i.e. synopsis) :D

I agree, the trouble is that most of this is still experimental - so there isn't really a definitve list, or template guide per say.

Most of what we have re sec 77-79, 85 and the unenforcablility of agreements we are still learning and until the outcome of cases which have been referred to the ICO, OFT and Police etc we don't really have much to go on.

I am confident that as soon as we have some cases which have tested our theories a synopsis will be provided!! :)

I would be more than happy to start a thread with a summary of things, but, at the moment I have not got far enough with any of my cases to provide an accurate summary.

Battleaxe, Tamadus, Terminator etc I am sure will do the same as soon as they have completed their cases for their sec 85 cases!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi everbody,

I am concerned that recently people have been getting into personal and childish debates over things that have been discussed in the past.

Just because they were discussed in the past, doesn't mean we can't discuss them again - this thread is over 266 pages long and it might help some people reading that are "new" to this thread. Plus, discussing them again might mean that we uncover other things that weren't thought of at the beginning.

I am getting uncomfortable with some of the attitudes on this site as I feel that CAG is a very valuable resource and we should all respect everyone else's opinons and help and support each other - if someone is unsure of the process, or needs more info, then we should be trying to find and telling them collectively - not just saying "this was discussed in March 1901 somewhere at the beginning of this thread"

Goodness me, we have only got were we have got today by healthy debate and discussion and by sharing and pooling our knowledge. Some people have more knowledge than others, some have more experience than others, but everyone should still be made to feel welcome and spoken to with respect.

I know that people sometimes feel reluctant to ask questions/think outloud about things for fear of being "shot down" which isn't really the culture we should be norturing on this forum - or this thread!

I am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, but at the end of the day this is all happening far too much for my liking and if this post makes me "unpopular" (Not that I was in the first place! ;)) then I am sorry, but I feel this has to be said.

These are my observations and posted in the hope that we can all move on from these "arguments" and get on with the campaign!! :) :) :) :)

I commend the work done on this thread (and others) as it really has helped to spearhead the campaign to make lenders conform to the law.

I agree un1boy and..

instead of saying "this was discussed in March 1901, somewhere at the begining of the thread"

put a referring link on the post, that way it will be easier for others to locate a particular issue.

Love

AC

Perseus,

etc.....

thanks for this, i think alot of people (including myself!) will find your confirmation useful:)

Gooders

Thanks for the click gooders! ;-)

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

Thanks for the click gooders! ;-)

Pers! Nice to see you here hun!! x

I am sorry, I am probably being a right pain in the butt given the current dicussion, but Rhia and I have been having an email convo this morning and we wondered if somebody could clarify that when the amendments are made to the CCA on 6 April, the will affect agreements made after this date, not older agreements or ones in dispute.

Please don't shout if I am wrong! I know this has been discussed on here before but I am at work and shouldn't be doing this at all! It's just that it is vital to our current cases and we could do with some clarification!

Thank you! :)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I am sorry, I am probably being a right pain in the butt given the current dicussion, but Rhia and I have been having an email convo this morning and we wondered if somebody could clarify that when the amendments are made to the CCA on 6 April, the will affect agreements made after this date, not older agreements or ones in dispute.

Please don't shout if I am wrong! I know this has been discussed on here before but I am at work and shouldn't be doing this at all! It's just that it is vital to our current cases and we could do with some clarification!

Hi Corn,

It's no problem - as far as I am aware only agreements from that date will be covered - although, I think some parts of the act will cover current agreements.

Don't take my word on that - I am sure Pam, Peter or someone else can clarify further.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Guest The Terminator
Hi everbody,

Hi Un1boy you can now come out of the corner.I agree entirely with what your saying and I beleive the posts you are refering too were from yesterday.It is no good arguing between ourselves because it is getting us nowhere.Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and I beleive that these opinions should be respected.I also agree that what one person see's from one angle another will see it differently.Bearing in mind that this thread has being going for six months and the information and opinions I beleive has given us the "upper hand" and this is the way I personally would like it to stay.As this site is constantly monitored the last thing we need is the MIB seeing us dispute with one another.They know that their time is nearly up before their T&C are blown into orbit and I'm working on that at the moment.So Terminator is asking for one thing and thats "civility" and lets get on with what we've got to do.

I'll now get off my soapbox and go and bash some banks:D

Guest The Terminator

It only applies to new agreements made after 6th April

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks