Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will somebody please remind me regularly not to visit the other CCA thread ;)

I made a post trying to help and got told by a newbie to take them to court and he can understand if I am frightened of going to court lmao :D

• Haha 1

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok...Got myself up to date with this thread (phew).... Can I throw another question into the fire please.... If an Original Agreement's (loan) Terms and Conditions DO NO state anywhere that the creditor can pass the agreement on etc etc, and then they sell the 'debt' to a DCA, where would that leave things ?

Just hate every DCA out there

What me, the great dragon scared of facing some bank or CCP (or even a building society ) across a court ? Pistols at dawn is my moto lol

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Ok...Got myself up to date with this thread (phew).... Can I throw another question into the fire please.... If an Original Agreement's (loan) Terms and Conditions DO NO state anywhere that the creditor can pass the agreement on etc etc, and then they sell the 'debt' to a DCA, where would that leave things ?

You actually read it all ? OMG thats impossible lol

hmmm interesting question.

I actually can't recall ever seeing them include their right to 'sell' an agreement in T&C. They usually put that they will process data to third parties but thats a different matter.

IMHO I see no reason why they can't 'sell' a debt as its no different to any other commodity. IF they legally hold the rights to the debt then they can also dispose of those rights.

Hi

Good question

The last actual loan agreement I signed was about 12 years ago and on that document there was a clause that stated something like 'we may at any time assign our rights under this agreement to a third party' or words to that effect and your signature on the agreement gave your consent to this.

I can't say I've seen anything like this on more recent credit agreements that my OH or friends/family have and certainly not on any of the credit card agreements I have had since then (yes, there's been a few!:rolleyes:).

Why is it that it appears to have been necessary to include this clause previously but apparently not any more? :confused:

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi

Good question

The last actual loan agreement I signed was about 12 years ago and on that document there was a clause that stated something like 'we may at any time assign our rights under this agreement to a third party' or words to that effect and your signature on the agreement gave your consent to this.

I can't say I've seen anything like this on more recent credit agreements that my OH or friends/family have and certainly not on any of the credit card agreements I have had since then (yes, there's been a few!:rolleyes:).

Why is it that it appears to have been necessary to include this clause previously but apparently not any more? :confused:

Regards, Pam

Thanks for your replies thus far- doesn''t the Data question come into this if there's no mention on the T & C's that they (the creditor) have the right to transfer them?

Thanks for your replies thus far- doesn''t the Data question come into this if there's no mention on the T & C's that they (the creditor) have the right to transfer them?

Blimey, your up early...

that is a different issue - under the DPA the agreement will have a phrase agree to share data - this is your consent under DPA, in doing so as Tam points out you allow them to process your data through CRAs.

But assignment of debt... maybe law has changed which allows creditor to do this without any mention in T&C.

I was researching assignment a few weeks ago but couldnt find anything that suggested the creditor was obliged to issue anything in respect of the assignment details except that the new creditor was obliged to notify you that he now owned the debt.

The SAR should contain details of the DCA own charges and if I was ever faced with those, I would challenge them as being unfair or penalty charges.

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest willowb
Hello to you and thanks for the welcome, as far as we are concerned we now believe that DL&C can no longer persue this debt as they were unable to provide the courts or us with the paperwork to prove that we had a debt in the first place.

A few days after the final charging orders were made DL&C sent us a letter to say that they had been granted the charging orders and that they were sending in the baliffs to collect goods to cover the debt. At the time that we went to court for the hearing for discharge of the charging orders and this information was given to the judge she was horrified stating that DL&C were not allowed to do this as they already had a charging order. We were lucky on that same day that the charging order was discharged and on the same day the paperwork was ordered for the next charging order and the muppets at DL&C still did not learn their lesson and sent the same paperwork as they had for the charging order that was discharged, Thus leaving us with the second charging order being discharged and DL&C losing more money. Considering how quickly they were willing to send out the balliffs letter originally we have not heard from them since and now believe that we should ask for all CCJ's and defaults to be removed from our credit file forthwith. I am also contacting all other credit cards and making sure that they actually have a regulated agreement under the consumer credit act in order to legally collect alleged debtsfrom me.

This is a perfect situation for sending a stat notice, especially since a CCJ can only be removed by the Court.

Wxxx

uni

First thing is - from a simplistic view - if you say you have no agreement, then you havent one so why would the bank continue to allow you to use the facilities. One thing I am interested in is what is the form of withdrawal of the facilities? ie how did they tell you - because - whilst THEY are in default they cannot make any enforcement at all!!! seems a bit peverse not to stop you using something you havent signed for and allow you to knock up more debt, but in a way it seems an acknowledgement that there is no agreement - so how did they phrase it??

Z

Hi Zubo, they havn't yet!

I don't think you've grasped what I am saying fella - I don't mean them cancelling the account for which they have provided an enforcable agreement, I mean that becasue they sent an unenforable agreement, can they ask you to close all ur other accounts with them ie current accont, savings, isa? The unenforcable agreement is for a credit card.

Hope this explains it a bit better! :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Corn, as I understand they first sent you an application form and then this cobbled agreement?

I would write back and say that you believe that what you received is a reconstructed agreement which is not permitted under the original request for a true copy of the original executed agreement nor would be allowed by a county court and that they are still in default and must supply you with the true copy of your agreement.

Z

Z

Does it not constitute to fraud too?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

We believe it does, but we need to see what reasoning they have behind producing it. It is yet another example of their dirty tricks department churning out stuff to throw us. IMO (and I've got one too (fake 'agreement', you all know I have an opinion)) they are scuppered and it is like throwing up a white flag and saying 'we surrender' as any judge will see it for what it is.

Morning,I'm posting in here again as I have no responses yet from HFC section. Have all my info from HFC but only one credit agreement for an active account. I have 3 other closed accounts and want the agreements for those.From reading other threads, am I correct in thinking HFC do not have to provide them because they are settled/closed?

I want to check amounts added on for PPI etc.

The other closed accounts were loans either settled early/consolidated.

One loan in particular was for £6000 in 2002 but it cost £12,900.Nothing on the info they sent me indicates what the added costs were for.

I have called them, but no-one seems able to say what the figures are,just that the PPI and interest are built in at source.

Hope I've made sense here and thanks for help.

Hi angel

It is correct that the creditor is only obliged to comply with a s77/78 request for an active account.

Have you done a SAR on them, because if so they have obviously not sent everything and you should write to them again.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

If an account debt is being pursued it's not closed

Hi

Angel is trying to get copy agreements from previous accounts that are closed so she can check for/reclaim PPI etc.

Regards, Pam

• Haha 1

Blimey, your up early...

that is a different issue - under the DPA the agreement will have a phrase agree to share data - this is your consent under DPA, in doing so as Tam points out you allow them to process your data through CRAs.

But assignment of debt... maybe law has changed which allows creditor to do this without any mention in T&C.

I was researching assignment a few weeks ago but couldnt find anything that suggested the creditor was obliged to issue anything in respect of the assignment details except that the new creditor was obliged to notify you that he now owned the debt.

The SAR should contain details of the DCA own charges and if I was ever faced with those, I would challenge them as being unfair or penalty charges.

Z

Thanks for your imput Zubo...But I still have one question...If the T & C do not state they have the right to pass on the debt/sell it..whatever the wording may be...Could one not argue that one had never agreed for the Orginal Creditor to 'sell the debt on'.

Hi pmh,

IMHO the right to assign (i.e. sell on) a debt should be included in the agreement T&C's. However this could be deemed an unfair term under the unfair contract terms act, unless there is some sort of reciprocity for the borrower. It is unlikely the creditor would ever agree to to this.

So, again IMHO, you could challenge their right to assign if the matter comes to court.

Regards

Lantana

• Haha 2

Sorry to the regulars on this wonderful post but I seem full of questions today...THis one is unrelated to my last question... Here's the scenario..

CCJ on file for ,say, £200 + costs.. ammount of unlawful charges on account, say £500...Obviously there is case for having CCJ set aside...Now as far as a CCJ is concerned, what does having it 'set-aside' actually mean per say? Does it mean that no more payments need to be made on this and it's effectively 'written off' and no longer exists, or does it mean that te CCJ is effectively 'paid up' and it simply shows as 'settled' ?

Blimey, your up early...

Z

Hi pmh,

IMHO the right to assign (i.e. sell on) a debt should be included in the agreement T&C's. However this could be deemed an unfair term under the unfair contract terms act, unless there is some sort of reciprocity for the borrower. It is unlikely the creditor would ever agree to to this.

So, again IMHO, you could challenge their right to assign if the matter comes to court.

Regards

Lantana

Thanks Latana, my opinion is much the same as yours on this. The only thing I can see mentioned in T & C's is that they have the right to inform the CRA's - nothing about assinging the rights and duties to someone else.

Sorry to the regulars on this wonderful post but I seem full of questions today...THis one is unrelated to my last question... Here's the scenario..

CCJ on file for ,say, £200 + costs.. ammount of unlawful charges on account, say £500...Obviously there is case for having CCJ set aside...Now as far as a CCJ is concerned, what does having it 'set-aside' actually mean per say? Does it mean that no more payments need to be made on this and it's effectively 'written off' and no longer exists, or does it mean that te CCJ is effectively 'paid up' and it simply shows as 'settled' ?

Hi

Having a CCJ set aside just means that that judgement of the court that has given the creditor the right to enforce payment, e.g. charging order, attachment of earnings, bailiff warrant etc. has been cancelled - NOT that the debt has been cancelled.

The creditor will need to (and can) apply for judgement again if he wants to - but hopefully the debtor will by then have been able to come to some repayment arrangement or may have some sort of defence to the claim.

Regards, Pam

• Haha 1

Hi again

Have just found this interesting little snippet about assignment of debts. Of particular interest is the statement:

It is, in any event, desirable for notice of an assignment to be given to the third party because the third party will otherwise be entitled to continue to make payments to the assignor!!

Lawdit Solicitors - Intellectual Property Solicitors. Southampton Free Legal Articles about Copyright Trade Marks Media Law Patents Data Protection and more

Regards, Pam

Hi

Having a CCJ set aside just means that that judgement of the court that has given the creditor the right to enforce payment, e.g. charging order, attachment of earnings, bailiff warrant etc. has been cancelled - NOT that the debt has been cancelled.

The creditor will need to (and can) apply for judgement again if he wants to - but hopefully the debtor will by then have been able to come to some repayment arrangement or may have some sort of defence to the claim.

Regards, Pam

Hi

Just to ad it is wotrth bearing in mind that icosts the defendant £65 quid if i remember correctly to set a case asside so it is as well to be sure of your ground especioally on a smaller claim.

Regards

Peter

• Haha 1

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi

Regards, Pam

Thanks Pam (I clicked you) ...That's all I needed to know...SO in my POC I will still have to claim back all what's owing on CCJ and have it marked as satisfied and or have it removed from my CRA file..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks