Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Un1 - excuse my confusion, but have I become invisible to you on this thread:confused: :confused::eek:

Oh Ladybird, no you are not at all - what makes you say that? xx

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oohhhh, I've just realised - it's my first cagiversary! :D

I joined in April 2006 - wow, seems like yesterday and SOO much has happened!!

Thanks guys and hope we have many more together!!! ;)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Hi Pers.xx

But a S78 request has got nothing to do with renewal of credit token.:confused:

Sorry - what I meant was, if they cant supply an original copy of the executed agreement as per our requests (s77-79 ooops!) then surely they cannot or would not comply with it on the renewal of a credit token-hence the s85 default?

:) x

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

well you keep ignoring everything I post:(

Oh, I am sorry - nothing personal at all Ladybird. I think others got there before me............forgive me? :(

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Sorry - what I meant was, if they cant supply an original copy of the executed agreement as per our requests (s77-79 ooops!) then surely they cannot or would not comply with it on the renewal of a credit token-hence the s85 default?

:) x

Got it one fella! :)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Nice one - thanks Un1boy!

And LadyBird, you scrumptious harlet of cuisine - how could you be ignored :eek:

Blowing you a kiss from down the road xxxx

Thank you darlin x

Ouch:eek:

It must have had a head wind on that one - just got a rollickin from the misses - re lipstick :rolleyes:;) xx

Tha'ts ok Un1, forgiven & forgotten;)

Awww, thanks hun! :)

No probs mate, anytime. :)

Ladybird, same here!! (and sorry for the delay - I have been ironing my suit for tomrrow!)

I really am sorry if you think I've been ignoring you - I really haven't meant to.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Ouch:eek:

It must have had a head wind on that one - just got a rollickin from the misses - re lipstick :rolleyes:;) xx

Haha!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

yeh - I've got your lipstick on my face, too Pers;)

lmao!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Right guys and gals - I'm gonna finish my glass of OJ and then go up the wooden hill to bedforshire! :)

I have to be up early tomorrow for a meeting so I will speak to you all tomorrow afternoon.

Take care and sleep well!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi guys back again.

With regards to the non-compliance of a cca request being a criminal offence:

Since reading through the entire Consumer Credit Act, since nearly everyone has obviously read Section 167, can I take it nobody has read Section 170?

I would urge everybody to read this section immediately and ask yourselves again if this offence is criminal.

Further to this, please read the below link, especially the parts under the heading "Civil Penalties"

Joint Committee On Human Rights - First Report

I would ask Zubo, paulwlton, jonchris and all others that declare this offence to be criminal to read this information and to confirm that their views haven't changed.

Civil penalties

2.11 The Explanatory Notes to the reintroduced Bill state that "it is not considered that a civil penalty imposed under the new power would amount to a criminal charge within the meaning of Article 6, because a civil penalty may only be imposed on a discrete section of the community (i.e. persons holding a licence under the Consumer Credit Act and persons covered by a group licence), and therefore a civil penalty amounts to a disciplinary or administrative measure necessary for the proper functioning of the licensing system".[21]

2.12 We have considered the Government's argument as to why civil penalties imposed under the Bill would not amount to a criminal charge within the meaning of Article 6. We accept that the nature of an offence or penalty is more likely to be criminal where the rule giving rise to the offence or penalty is of a generally binding character, rather than applicable only to a defined group. Whether proceedings are to be considered civil or criminal under Article 6, however, will depend on three primary factors: the classification of the proceedings in domestic law; the nature of the offence; and the severity of the penalty that may be imposed. The second and third elements of the test carry more weight than the first. 2.13 According to the Courts' case-law, the severity of a potential penalty may in itself be enough to establish the criminal nature of the offence, particularly where it is punitive and deterrent in its purpose. To the extent that penalties of up to £50,000 may be imposed on small lenders for whom a fine of that size is a substantial penalty, we agree with the view of the previous Committee that, in view of the potential size of such civil penalties, there must be a risk that the imposition of such a penalty may in some circumstances be seen as the determination of a criminal charge in Article 6(1) terms, and that the operation of the procedural safeguards should therefore approximate as closely as possible to the standards of criminal due process, including proof to the criminal standard of proof.

As it has been pointed out to me on a few occasions, this thread is very absorbing with well over 5000 posts.

Nearly everybody within this thread is of the understanding that the CCA non-compliance request is a criminal offence. Last night I suffered a backlash from many other caggers for suggesting that it wasn't criminal, there is no penalty of imprisonment and abosultely no basis to report such an offence to the police as suggested by one poster.

I stand by all of my comments.

Hi Trevor

Not necessarily. The copy of your agreement that a creditor has to send you as a 2nd copy, shortly after you have signed up, does not have to show any signatures or your name or address and it may be that the copy you have found is a 2nd copy.

Have you requested the copy agreement under s77/78 CCA and have they sent anything yet?

Let us know what they come back with and we'll give our opinions on it.

And having a hurting head is a recognised side effect of perusing this site!! :-D:eek::-D

Regards, Pam

Hi Pam

Thanks for that.

Yes, I have requested agreement under s77/78 CCA, will post when I get copies.

Regards Trevor

And LadyBird, you scrumptious harlet of cuisine - how could you be ignored :eek:

Thank you darlin x

Hey! this is a respectable thread! No illicit goings on here please! (Except me and Peter - 'cos he's in training to be considered for inclusion in my next year's Valentine's list as he missed the deadline this year!)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

As it has been pointed out to me on a few occasions, this thread is very absorbing with well over 5000 posts.

Nearly everybody within this thread is of the understanding that the CCA non-compliance request is a criminal offence. Last night I suffered a backlash from many other caggers for suggesting that it wasn't criminal, there is no penalty of imprisonment and abosultely no basis to report such an offence to the police as suggested by one poster.

I stand by all of my comments.

Hi Dave

I may be wrong but it seems to me that the quote you have posted is in relation to offences to do with credit licensing.

If not, then how do you explain this (previously posted by Joneshousehold):

Schedule 1 states

Quote:

Section - 77(4)

Offence - Failure of creditor under fixed sum credit agreement to supply copies of documents etc.

Mode of prosecution -Summarily

Imprisonment or fine - [Level 4 on the standard scale.]

Section - 78(6)

Offence - Failure of creditor under running-account credit agreement to supply copies of documents etc.

Mode of prosecution - Summarily.

Imprisonment or fine - [Level 4 on the standard scale.]

Also s170 is saying that no breach under the Act will incur a civil or criminal sanction except for those expressly provided for by or under the Act (e.g. as above)

170 No further sanctions for breach of Act

(1) A breach of any requirement made (otherwise than by any court) by or under this Act shall incur no civil or criminal sanction as being such a breach, except to the extent (if any) expressly provided by or under this Act.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

hold those horses - what's S85 got to do with a CCA request?

Absolutely nothing birdie, and that bottle of scotch is still waiting for you :)

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Absolutely nothing birdie, and that bottle of scotch is still waiting for you :)

Sorry tam, I think she's run off with Perseus! :o:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks