Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But the inducement doesn't have to be just money. Also they all just pay the going rate for the job because if someone pays more they all have to follow suit to keep any staff at all. Although there will be some element of what you describe all that will happen is that the rates of pay reach a plateau that no employer wants to go beyond

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are we not getting away from the idea of the thread??? i'd hate to point it out though but it is about the CCA and my understanding is if the banks can't be bothered training the staff right it's their tough luck and our good fortune.

The sisters are watching you PB. ;)

Help

I just meant that the term liability does not mean the same on balance sheet as it does in it's litteral sence an employee can be a great value to the compamy but still appear on the short term liability side of the bs.

Although if you promise not to stick those pins in the effigy again i will swap the employees of the CU around next week before the BS is presented to the FSA and put them in the Assets side,oh except for Mrs Brown she's the cleaner comes in Monday and Fridays she is definaltely a liabilty (doesn't dust into the corners).

Please not the pins

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Me has a stock pile of complaints - ready to send on that date - might post a tad early to make sure I get to top of piles!!!!

I already have the letters of complaint typed and printed :)

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

I know exactly what you are saying - I guess I do agree with your point as it's true to some extent!!

I guess I'd just like a magic wand to sprinkle my fairy dust over everything and put it right? I see what needs to change and it's so much bigger than I can do !!

Its nice to let your hair down and discuss something non-CCA

As an educationalist I have to disagree. I was having this debate a few days ago - the really dumb organizations - and there are some big ones here and the US will go the way of the dinosaur. These do consider training as a liability. I spent a long time in the Netherlands and across Europe and in some enlightened US corporations. Here they understand that training is a significant investment and adds value to your services. In addition, employee retention is crucial to a successful business and knowledge transfer and employee investment are keys to those goals.

The days of the bottom line profit figure on their own have no place in tomorrows successful business - there are far more valuable measures of success.

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think Barclaycard are still in default under the Regs 1983 s2(1).

Correct me if i'm wrong the ceditor is still in default if he has complied with s78 by sending the agreement but parts of the agreement are not legible.

Paul

Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

2.-(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily distinguishable from the colour of the paper

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Let's be honest the banking fraternity has a huge amount to answer to. These US corprns such as MBNA, Citi, Cap One etc have come storming into the UK as they saw a huge opportunity to wipe up here and then beyond into Europe.

Have you seen their branches springing up in towns and cities across the UK? Nope, perhaps the odd one in London. What they do have are UK HQs in places such as Salford (MBNA) and Glasgow (Morgan Stanley) which are just that - Head offices and usually accompanied by a call centre with low skill staff on low wages subsidised by bonus payments for performance.

These call centres have usually been subsidised by EEC money by city authorities keen to say they are bringing jobs to wherever. When the grant runs out they relocate offshore to the Mumbai muimblers. There was a huge outcry in Scotland recently when Morgan Stanley did exactly this.

But more to the point where do they get their customers from? By buying mailing lists mainly - MBNA has acquired these from all over the place and is the biggest player in the affinity card market such as RSPCA, ClassicFM and many, many football club credit cards.

They then mailshot households or worse still they hire promo staff to push their product in shopping centres and at airports. These people are selling products which are regulated by the FSA and have no training whatsover neither is there anyone to explain just what you are signing when you get that mailshot.

And what has happened over the past decade is the UK banks we used to think we could trust have jumped on the same bandwagon. I know at my local branch a number of staff who were long servers have simply left and you never get to know why but we can all guess - Whistleblower last week graphically illustrated that. of course the blame for overindebtedness can be laid foursquare at the door of the Bank of England. Former Governor Eddie George told a Commons Committee last week that the Bof E had deliberately stoked up the housing market and consumer borrowing as they feared there might be a short term recession. The consequences of that will be here for generations and of course they were aided and assisted by the man who now seeks to be Prime Minister. I was amazed more wasn't made of Eddie George's words - I thought it was a shocking admission.

Only this week we have heard a report that poverty levels are getting worse in the UK, not better.

Someone needs to take a long, hard look at what is going on here and try some joined up thinking.

Rhia you have taken the words out of my mouth

I have been thinking the same things for months now, and if there is anybody reading this that is in a positon to act upon Rhia's word you wouldn't do much better than to pick a team from CAG to spearhead the clean up project.

Our financial services sector is in a mess through greed and outdated attitudes. When the CCA was introduced in 1974 it was intended to stop the high street loan sharks from making money at extortionate rates out of those who could not afford it.

The Act mostly had the desired effect but we are now left with 'reputable' companies that are having the same effect.

When the former Governor of the BoE stands up and admits to creating a house price boom so they can stay within their monetary policy it's a sorry day. They may not include house prices in the inflation figures but it's the biggest inflationasy pressure the man on the street faces, and can destroy marriages and families in one foul swoop.

That's part of the reason I am persuing an ERC claim. I consider any profit made on the value of your house is being eroded and taken by the building societies in the form of ERC's.

Surely there must be somebody in government that has the courage and conviction to create a team to investigate PROPERLY the way these companies manage their business.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Tam I do think this whole business we are now looking at across all the threads comes back to my "rant". You start off after the penalties and then you learn about the paperwork and the laws and hey presto the whole can of worms starts spilling out onto your lap.

There is actually a Consumer Minister and that is Ian McCartney MP attached to the DTi. I am thinking of dropping him a line.

P.S. Have a Google about credit card company complaints and the US Senate and there are one or two Senators who have some very illuminating things to say. The Bush administration is being bankrolled by the likes of MBNA so how long before they get their noses in the political trough over here. I take my hat off to the police investigating cash for honours...keep it going boys.

Its nice to let your hair down and discuss something non-CCA

As an educationalist I have to disagree. I was having this debate a few days ago - the really dumb organizations - and there are some big ones here and the US will go the way of the dinosaur. These do consider training as a liability. I spent a long time in the Netherlands and across Europe and in some enlightened US corporations. Here they understand that training is a significant investment and adds value to your services. In addition, employee retention is crucial to a successful business and knowledge transfer and employee investment are keys to those goals.

The days of the bottom line profit figure on their own have no place in tomorrows successful business - there are far more valuable measures of success.

Z

The whole business world is changing rapidly. business to business contracts are now more about added value in a contract than they are about the base contract.

This attitude is eventually going to find its way into business/consumer relationships.

Personally I am now starting to ask for and expect added value in everything I buy and negotiate to buy, and that includes financial services.

Tam I do think this whole business we are now looking at across all the threads comes back to my "rant". You start off after the penalties and then you learn about the paperwork and the laws and hey presto the whole can of worms starts spilling out onto your lap.

There is actually a Consumer Minister and that is Ian McCartney MP attached to the DTi. I am thinking of dropping him a line.

P.S. Have a Google about credit card company complaints and the US Senate and there are one or two Senators who have some very illuminating things to say. The Bush administration is being bankrolled by the likes of MBNA so how long before they get their noses in the political trough over here. I take my hat off to the police investigating cash for honours...keep it going boys.

I have already written to IM Rhia and got nothing but political drivel. He seemed to overlook the fact that he and others in parliament are only there because people like me have started and payrolled constituency parties for years. WE THE PEOPLE put guys like him where they are through selection processes and the ballot box and it's time they started to respect that we also have the ability to remove them from office.

I started into this purely to try and recover charges from a bank, your dead right, it escalates to the point it almost took over my life recently.

I am taking risks I would never have dreamed of taking a few years ago, but I do it out of an overriding desire to bring these companies to task.

I do NOT advocate avoiding any legitimate debt any of us may have, but I refuse to make anybody wealthy out of my pocket if they refuse to comply with the law of this country.

I work hard for my money, I work long and stressful hours. If I break the law then I expect to be punished for it. If I dont comply with a legitimate agreement I aslo expect to suffer the consequences. I think I have the right as a tax payer to expect them to comply as well. I also expect the authorities to act on my behalf when needed.

• Haha 1

Tam,

I couldn't agree with you more (although I am retired now, early) but I did "work me nuts off" in the civil service for 30 years and I have to own up to lining peoples pockets with my loans and things.

Guest Battleaxe

Tam,

We have talked off thread and forum. I will not evade what I owe, but I will no longer allow the credit card companies or banks to make a profit unlawfully. they twist and turn everytime we point out their fialure to obey the law and then they try to tie us up in knots by not replying to our correspondence. i have three uneforceable agreements sent to me. They unenforceable because of the incompetence of the staff who are supposed to administer the work orginally. if this had been done correctly I would have three enforceable agreements and no room to argue. We are not talking hundred of punds in these agreements, are worth nearly £10,000.00 total and I am going to be danmned if I pay any of the principle owing until the banks concerned start acting in lawful manner and comply with the Consumer Credit Act and consolidate their breaches.

I ahve to admit, Capital One have refunded the unlawful charges to both of the cards, but this still leaves Section 85 and the fact that Agreements are unenforceable with out a Court order to be addressed. of Course if this happens I am going to use Section 127 against them.

MBNA still have done NOTHING at all except add more charges.

A & L will be repaying the interest on our loan, once I get that complaint into gear. The more I read, the more I learn, the more I am going to get back which is rightfully mine. They thought the bank charges would go away, how wrong they were. they have allowed us to open more ways to regain our money than they ever thought possible.

Now upstairs, shower, and get dressed. MOTH has his appointment with his oncologist up at Cookridge and then Monday at Papworth for the prognosis of the new Cancer. I would rather deal with the medical problems than fight these banks

When the CCA was introduced in 1979 !!!!.

Ok Tam I'll let you off that as it was a late night post and no doubt as usual, you've probably been burning the candle at both ends.

Just as an example this is what happened in 1974..

• In a bid to save fuel, the British Government reduced the speed limit on dual carriage ways to 60 mph. (not to save lives)
  • The government realised that working for a living can be dangerous and so introduced the Health and Safety at Work act.
  • A number of MP's were interviewed in relation to cash for contracts. John Poulson was jailed for 5 years after it was found he offered gifts to win contracts.
  • In an attemt to protect the up and coming consumer society, the government introduce the Consumer Credit Act.
  • Ronald Milhench was jailed for 3 years for forging Harold Wilsons signature to try and convince MP's that his business dealings had the former PM's support.
  • Harold Wilson scraped into number 10 with a 3 seat majority. Confidence must be waning!

30 years on and the names and faces may have changed but the deceit prevails!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

I think the great Consumer revolt is slowly gaining momentum. The Consumer has had enough. After being mis-sold pensions, endownments,

ppi, not mentioning costly indemnity clauses, bank charges, and unfair contract terms that have been deliberately drawn up to the disadvantage of the consumer.

Lets be honest who ever took the time to scan the T and Cs when taking out a loan or any other financial commitment, Not many i bet, this is what they rely on the ignorance of the consumer. Well now the worm is slowly turning more and more are challenging the big boys in and out of court long may it continue.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Ok Tam I'll let you off that as it was a late night post and no doubt as usual, you've probably been burning the candle at both ends.

• In a bid to save fuel, the British Government reduced the speed limit on dual carriage ways to 60 mph. (not to save lives)
  • The government realised that working for a living can be dangerous and so introduced the Health and Safety at Work act.
  • A number of MP's were interviewed in relation to cash for contracts. John Poulson was jailed for 5 years after it was found he offered gifts to win contracts.
  • In an attemt to protect the up and coming consumer society, the government introduce the Consumer Credit Act.
  • Ronald Milhench was jailed for 3 years for forging Harold Wilsons signature to try and convince MP's that his business dealings had the former PM's support.
  • Harold Wilson scraped into number 10 with a 3 seat majority. Confidence must be waning!

Yep it was a late night post lol and I edited it now :D

My goodness smoothy you must be almost as old and senile as me to remember that little lot. I have always thought it strange how some things never change in the world of politics.

You did miss out the 3 day week although we dont have that in force at the moment. I also seem to remember that we had far less accidents at work inthose days so maybe it's time to throw out the health and safety act (which incidently has been massively expanded thanks to europe) which has now developed into such a state that its almost impossible to actually do any work.

I already have the letters of complaint typed and printed :)

So, this is that the OFT will charge all companies it receives complaints about from 7th April? So, basically, leave the complaints until then?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Tam,

We have talked off thread and forum. I will not evade what I owe, but I will no longer allow the credit card companies or banks to make a profit unlawfully. they twist and turn everytime we point out their fialure to obey the law and then they try to tie us up in knots by not replying to our correspondence. i have three uneforceable agreements sent to me. They unenforceable because of the incompetence of the staff who are supposed to administer the work orginally. if this had been done correctly I would have three enforceable agreements and no room to argue. We are not talking hundred of punds in these agreements, are worth nearly £10,000.00 total and I am going to be danmned if I pay any of the principle owing until the banks concerned start acting in lawful manner and comply with the Consumer Credit Act and consolidate their breaches.

I ahve to admit, Capital One have refunded the unlawful charges to both of the cards, but this still leaves Section 85 and the fact that Agreements are unenforceable with out a Court order to be addressed. of Course if this happens I am going to use Section 127 against them.

MBNA still have done NOTHING at all except add more charges.

A & L will be repaying the interest on our loan, once I get that complaint into gear. The more I read, the more I learn, the more I am going to get back which is rightfully mine. They thought the bank charges would go away, how wrong they were. they have allowed us to open more ways to regain our money than they ever thought possible.

Now upstairs, shower, and get dressed. MOTH has his appointment with his oncologist up at Cookridge and then Monday at Papworth for the prognosis of the new Cancer. I would rather deal with the medical problems than fight these banks

Battleaxe, firstly, good luck with the appointment - email me if there is anything I can do/u need a chat.....

I think it doesn't help with these companies as well that TS etc won't prosecute when they should be. These companies literally arer getting away with breaking the law.

And all of the regulatory bodies are funded by the companies they regulate too - hmmmm, conflict of interest? Are they really "independant?"

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Very informative post Smoothy-man! :)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

So, this is that the OFT will charge all companies it receives complaints about from 7th April? So, basically, leave the complaints until then?

Welcome are first on my list! I was just preparing my complaint about them when I noticed this, thanks:)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Welcome are first on my list! I was just preparing my complaint about them when I noticed this, thanks:)

Hehe, it's about £400-odd too I think!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

What are the rules about multiple complaints?

I've got about seven things to complain about MBNA, can I feed these in in dribs and drabs and get them to pay out £450 x 7 (£3150??) That would be interesting....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks