Successful Claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP NEEDED!!!!

I received a letter in response to my LBA (I waited the 8 weeks for my response as due to personal probs I didnt have the time to take court action after the 14 days) Anyway the letter I have received says that my claim has been rejected. It says that they have carried out a full investigation of my complaint and they are satisfied that the charges have been correctly applied.

It goes on to say that when I opened the account I agreed to their terms and conditions which explained about the charges if I did not keep to the terms of my account bla bla bla It says that the charges I am asking themt o refund are their fees for the additional work that they carried out when a customer rquests a payment without suffiecient funds in their account. If also said that the OFT guidelines do not apply to bank aco**** charges.

Please advise as to what I should do now?????? Has anyone else received a similar letter?

Thanks

Hi

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

hi

dont take any notice to the letter its just their way of tryin to stop you claining. Just the usual bog standerd letter .

Carry on to your time scale and pretty soon youll see results.

If I were you Id start my own thread on your banks forum.

You will get all the help you need then , this one is really only for members who have won.

good luck with your claim.

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Took HBOS took court and they have have settled. The money will be in my account within 5 days.

They were £300 short, but my charges were £4728, so the rest was interest and court fees. I'm well chuffed.

Thanks CAG, have just told loads of people about your website:)

hi im new to all this but i recieved the letter to say that my charges were fair so i rang them and told them i wasnt happy so they re lookeed at my account so i left it two days rang them again they made me an offer of £1844 which i declined as my total charges were for £3550 after some more negotiating they made me an offer of £3000 which i accepted so dont think its over if you receive this letter give them a ring and believe me they will sort something out

Hi,Halifax/Bos gave me my charges back!!I sent first letter on the 16th Feb then received one saying that they were investigating my complaint so after 8 weeks from there they sent a letter saying that my charges will be refunded to me!I received the money last month so am very pleased that I did not have threaten court action etc!!I did not ask about interest so just received the amount for the charges.I did not really have any problems with them although they stated in their letter that despite giving me the refund that did not mean they were liable to do so but was a goodwill gesture!!Keep going everyone who is trying to claim at the moment:) good luck!!Maz x

Great to see so many of you getting your money back.

I requested my statements for the past 6 years on the 12th April.My branch signed for the letter on the 16th April.I enclosed my cheque for £10 which they have not cashed.I,ve not had any confirmation of my letter from my branch,all i,ve recieved is a letter telling me my mortgage payments are going up.

The 40 days are up next Friday,25th May.

Advice on next steps please

Woman on bank cash theft charge

A woman has been charged with stealing cash from a bank in East Sussex. Sara Drage, 23, of Seaside Road, Eastbourne, was taken into custody after she was arrested by police at Gatwick Airport on Friday morning.

The money was reported missing from a company safe at the Halifax branch in Albert Parade, Eastbourne, on Monday.

Ms Drage, a cashier for the financial services company Steel & Co, appeared before Eastbourne magistrates on Saturday and was remanded in custody.

She is due to return to court on Friday.(To claim back her Bank Charges)

certainly a case of get a little xtra help yourself....

Can a mod move my thread please mine was Victory!!! wallyred1234VsHalifax

Won after sending 2 LBA 2nd calculating interest and court fees if they didnt pay!! Offered us £2400.00 phone them up to reject offer and he wanted to know how much we would settle for so told him £4500 which is roughly the amount we claimed for in charges and he agreed. Definately wanted to negotiate.

Halfiax Claimed £4600

Won £4500

Now moving onto our 2nd account with them

Watch this space!!!!:D

Woman on bank cash theft charge

A woman has been charged with stealing cash from a bank in East Sussex. Sara Drage, 23, of Seaside Road, Eastbourne, was taken into custody after she was arrested by police at Gatwick Airport on Friday morning.

The money was reported missing from a company safe at the Halifax branch in Albert Parade, Eastbourne, on Monday.

Ms Drage, a cashier for the financial services company Steel & Co, appeared before Eastbourne magistrates on Saturday and was remanded in custody.

She is due to return to court on Friday.(To claim back her Bank Charges)

certainly a case of get a little xtra help yourself....

Seaside Road *gulp*

Not our seaside lady I hope LMAO :D:D:D:D:D

can you help with my problem.i got the letter back to say that all charges will not be refunded as they are in theto halifax are in the agreement when i sighned up.what is the next best step to go forward

Yep, I got the very same letter. I will reply to this with the next letter from the CAG templates and enclose another copy of my list of charges.

Hellyb25 has WON her claim!!!!

I went to the bank yesterday and was pleased to find an extra £823.00 in there!! YAY!!! They had paid me the full amount plus 8% interest plus £80 court fee. Stick it out everyone. well worth the wait. Its paying for my holiday spends next week!!

Hiya, please move my ArohemQ vs. Halifax thread to the **WON** section.

Received full settlement without resorting to court actions. No interest paid.

Amount was small: £165.

Barclays Bank: £855 + £334.02% . 1st Offer:£605-Rejected.No 2nd Offer. Will require courts.

Barclaycard: £140 + £48.72% . 1st Offer:£56 -Rejected.No 2nd offer. Will require courts.

Amex: £270 + £94.68%. 1st Offer:£0 ! -Rejected. 2nd offer £179.17 (£135 +£44.17%)-Rejected.

Halifax: £165 + £60.40% . 1st Offer:£82.50-Rejected. 2nd-Offer £165-Full Settlement, no%...- ACCEPTED:-D No court action involved.

MBNA:£380 + £131.44% . 1st Offer:£160 -Rejected. 2nd Offer:£511.44! Full Settlement + 8% - ACCEPTED:D No court action involved.

Convinced friend to start: He has accepted 90% settlement of £2000: £1800, from HSBC!

Pushing 3 more people to kick off their claims, including my brother. Assisting them by pointing them here!

Claim No:7QZ 63261

Yesterday the Halifax have settled my full amounticon7.gif totally out of the blue ,just a week after sending my partner a letter saying she had to contact them (it was just after the lloyds win so i immediately thought they would cite that and try to pressure us out of it)

I tried contacting the customer relations manager the following tuesday (as i`m doing the claim for the missus )but they said i had to write a letter to confirm i could act on her behalf, before promptly paying up in a letter only three days after our conversation, although this was sent from the Halifax depot and not Leeds .It seems one department doesn`t know what the other is doing.icon14.gif

Anyway the letter said although they didn`t admit the claim it was not in their interests to defend as it`s in the small claims and they can`t recover costs. I`m pretty relieved it`s done as i thought the banks would draw it out even longer now that lloyds won. icon7.gif

Hi guys n gals - I am new to this thread but would like to update all claiming again Halifax, I requested my statements by phone, received them within 2 wks. Sent my 2nd letter off requesting payment of bank charges that had been applied to my account over the last 6 years. Gave them 14 days, Heard nothing so I sent them the LBA - again giving 14 days - was told when I rang then I would hear no later than the 4th June.....I then got a bog standard letter saying that their charges are justified blah blah blah - so I hesitated but realised that they have taken over 7k from me during the last 6 years and into that account has been paid my child tax credits and child benefit. I sent off my MCOL on Friday 25/5/07 so will wait and see if they do pay up........Any advice would be gratefully received - Jo ;)

Alley Cat I got 95% of my charges back from the Halifax as they had stolen my tax credit and child benefit too. Their response to my first letter was the bog standard 'get lost' but then I found on here somewhere the relevant legislation that says categorically that they cannot take benefit money. As I had paid other money into the account I was fully expecting them to say they had taken the charges from that - but they didn't and within a couple of weeks I had most of the money back from them. Best of luck.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Just a quick update, i filed me MCOL on Friday 25/5/07 and it has today been issued so the Halifax have 14 calendar days to respond. That will be nice - lets hope they pay up - i need some encouragement as I am getting nervous about going into court - if it comes to that?

Just a quick update, i filed me MCOL on Friday 25/5/07 and it has today been issued so the Halifax have 14 calendar days to respond. That will be nice - lets hope they pay up - i need some encouragement as I am getting nervous about going into court - if it comes to that?

Dont you worry about going to court ,just put yourself together and have your facts in order ,the law is on your side girl.

I am in the middle of claiming. but just one question, if anyone can help, Halifax sent me information of bank charges to another persons account:o . Do i send this back or use it as a tool to encourage payment of my bank charges. I have got my statements for both my account now

Bank - HALIFAX

amount claimed £2496.31 including interest and court costs

amount paid £2496.31

YES!!!

requested statements early march. Waited a month. Got no responses to ANY of my letters so eventually started proceedings through MCOL in mid May. Halifax defended and today I got a letter saying it's not in their interests to go to court (well, no!) and they would be paying the full amount including interest and costs within the next five days. I am REJOICING. Halifax caused no end of anxiety and stress charging me for going 10p overdrawn when the account I have with them takes TEN days to clear a cheque.

Thank you to Martin Lewis and all the mods on the Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge:Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more site and many thanks to everyone who posts all their info and knowledge on these boards.

Successfully reclaimed £13k in 2007. A bit exhausted now. Still have Post Fear but don't hide from the postman any more.

Hi FireFox01,

I would ask this question to a member called Perseus on this forum. As I have found the advice given in the past fantastic - and if Perseus don't know the answer, then I'm sure you will get pointed in the right direction at least. ;)

I am in the middle of claiming. but just one question, if anyone can help, Halifax sent me information of bank charges to another persons account:o . Do i send this back or use it as a tool to encourage payment of my bank charges. I have got my statements for both my account now

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!