style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as the police action is concerned you need to first of all be aware of this guiding principle for the police. Whenever they are called out to a situation such as you describe then whoever has actual possession of the property in question when they arrive, retains possession of the property when they leave.

This is bread and butter stuff and it is so that the police do not become embroiled in civil disputes or are open to criticism later on down the line in that they acted unlawfully in deciding at the scene who should have possession.

Secondly, there are always two sides to a story and the truth quite often lies somewhere in the middle. The Police when investigating such allegations must tread carefully and try and ascertain all of the facts that are available and make a judgement call over whether or not it is appropriate and necessary to make an arrest at the scene.

There are a number of other issues here that have to be faced head on. Firstly the Bailiff was carrying out what he believed to be his lawful right (dunno if "right" is the right word?) and therefore he is, as is any member of the public, entitled to use reasonable force if he perceived himself to be at risk of imminent physical harm Secondly, the witness , being your partner is not an independent witness and therefore like it or not, a degree of caution has to be exercised on their version of events because he/she is an interested party as well.

Some more detail might also be useful as to how exactly it all kicked off

Finally, when you photograph your injuries make sure there is a ruler with centimetres visible and readable along side the injuries.

Good points by Nev Met, but were these actually certificated bailiffs, or debt collectors called in by logbook loans, without any writ or other authority?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Have removed the text and replaced with pdf ...

C O N S U M E R C R E D I T T R A D E A S S O C I A T I O N

CODE OF PRACTICE

(BILLS OF SALE FOR LENDING REGULATED UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT)

“A Commitment to Responsible Lending”

C O N S U M E R C R E D I T T R A D E A S S O C I A T I O N.pdf

Edited by citizenB

Jesus! Could you not have highlighted the relevant points and posted a link to the other dross?

I have no idea what it is your trying to make a point of, is it all the crap in red or all the crap in blue??

Acts and Regulations ARE NOT LAW, nor are BY-LAWS or STATUTES.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Jesus! Could you not have highlighted the relevant points and posted a link to the other dross?

I have no idea what it is your trying to make a point of, is it all the crap in red or all the crap in blue??

Acts and Regulations ARE NOT LAW, nor are BY-LAWS or STATUTES.

Well I obviously put the whole thing in as no one seemed to of read the link I posted earlier. To be honest I rather cant be arsed to point out what is or is not relevant but actually thought it may help. I wont waste my time in future, but then again sitting in a hospital bed with nowt all else to do I thought I could be of some use.

Mods.. delete as you wish. Im pretty much done here. I was always on the understanding in this place that any information no matter how big or small could be better than nowt at all.

Well I obviously put the whole thing in as no one seemed to of read the link I posted earlier. To be honest I rather cant be arsed to point out what is or is not relevant but actually thought it may help. I wont waste my time in future, but then again sitting in a hospital bed with nowt all else to do I thought I could be of some use.

Mods.. delete as you wish. Im pretty much done here. I was always on the understanding in this place that any information no matter how big or small could be better than nowt at all.

Agree seanamarts, any pointers that can show a way out of a bad situation is better than none at all.

I did read through it, and can see several points within it that show the police in a very bad light, as the people sent by Logbook Loans have apparently ignored any guidelines completely, and acted completely out of order; and the police eager "to keep the peace" have ignored any protest by OP. Will look through again and try to highlight areas where they (the bailiff or debt collector whatever he was) appear to have acted outside legal authority, that's if the mods don't delete your post.

seanamarts hope you can gain some improvement and get out of that hospital bed soon, but we must realise that not everyone is receptive to advice or pointers when it isn't handed on a plate sorted and ready to go. they should try reading some of the obtuse motherboard manuals, when building a PC LoL.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Agree seanamarts, any pointers that can show a way out of a bad situation is better than none at all.

I did read through it, and can see several points within it that show the police in a very bad light, as the people sent by Logbook Loans have apparently ignored any guidelines completely, and acted completely out of order; and the police eager "to keep the peace" have ignored any protest by OP. Will look through again and try to highlight areas where they (the bailiff or debt collector whatever he was) appear to have acted outside legal authority, that's if the mods don't delete your post.

seanamarts hope you can gain some improvement and get out of that hospital bed soon, but we must realise that not everyone is receptive to advice or pointers when it isn't handed on a plate sorted and ready to go. they should try reading some of the obtuse motherboard manuals, when building a PC LoL.

:amen:

• Haha 1

My apologies seanamarts.....:sorry:

I didn't mean to give you both barrels, that was meant for my neighbour who thinks it is OK to have yet another party playing crap music too loud and for too long!!

Of course ALL information is helpful.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

My apologies seanamarts.....:sorry:

I didn't mean to give you both barrels, that was meant for my neighbour who thinks it is OK to have yet another party playing crap music too loud and for too long!!

Of course ALL information is helpful.

Whilst I understand and respect your apology, I still believe that the point that you were trying to make was an extremely valid one, the reason being is that, I think that there's something that used to be referred to the "Fog Index" whereby information overload in a statement or paragraph makes it subconsciously impossible to digest and you end up re-reading the same words without taking anything in.

It was a very long post and contained a lot of information, I just couldn't decipher what was relevant to the post and what wasn't? And the neighbour playing crappy music at full blast on his tinny speakers didn't do anything for my concentration neither...

I am still sorry seanamart for biting your head off..

Hmm, I could have sworn I posted earlier to say that I had converted your article to a pdf format and put the link in your original post ??

Anyway, if you want me to copy and paste sections out of it then please pm or post and I will do that for you :)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi all, I would like to thank everyone for the valuable info and knowledge. I had a letter from logbook loans this morning. attatched was a very detailed 2 page statement from the Bailliff in question. first of all the letter from logbook loans said "Having carefully considered the agents account and the evidence at hand, we are satisfied that they acted correctly under the circumstances". along with all the other dribble. the statement from the bailliff is an absolute pack of lies, he says " Mr xxxxx approached me and with both hand pushed me, as i turned to face him he continued to push and grab hold of me...he goes on to say, " As this was going on i made a number of attempts to call the police due to the assault occaisioned on me, while i was about to speak to the police he made a grab for my phone, he then came up under my right arm, and grbbed me by the leg with each of his hands by my thigh to lift me in order to move me away from the vehicle.

( Now if you seen the size of me and the size of this guy, you would laugh your head off. im 9 stone, he was probably 18+)

Also it says this" The police did mention to me that Mr xxxxx was known to them but did not elaborate, and while i cannot be sure how he sustained the marks on his back i do not believe in all honesty i caused them, i even suggested that he may have had these marks on his back before i even called.

(well this is news to me?? ive never been in trouble with the police in my life)

Sorry its such a long post, i did shorten it quite a bit. feeling under the weather from the whole incident, this was a big kick in the stomach from logbook loans, the only thing they are concerned about is money. Where now guys?

That is unbelievable.....I really don't know what to suggest except for pursuing your complaint with the Police, I'm at a loss for words, it really does grate with me, but it is your word against his clearly biased one. Unless there were independent witnesses you could call on to back up your evidence then I guess the old bill will as usual take no action.

However, now might be a good time to invest in a cctv camera and DVR recorder and put it up at your front door, there'll be no disputing his lies then! Plus this will now show them that they need to be squeaky clean when dealing with you in the future.

Did you lodge a complaint with the ACEA??

Did you lodge a complaint with the ACEA??

Ive just been on their website now and found this

"There are, however, certain complaints that cannot be dealt with by the association. These include where:

They include an allegation of violence, or other criminal act – any allegation of violence, or other criminal act, must be referred to the police for investigation".

I also replied to the letter from logbook loans telling them the statement was a joke, iand im far from happy with their outcome on the matter. and to see if we can come to some sort of arrangement on the £1300 i had to pay as i could not afford this sum of money.

She replied 5 minutes later with:

Dear Mr xxxxx,

Thank you for your recent e-mail to us regarding your account.

Your correspondence has been passed to the Professional Standards Department for a full investigation and response. We aim to respond to all formal complaints within 14 days of receipt. Should you have any queries about your account in the interim please direct them to the repossessions department on 0844 209 0052.

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Professional Standards Officer

Log Book Loans

Now this is no good to me as i only have 6 days left to get the car back.. and they know that!!!

Im now thinking of cutting my losses and letting the car go, but i will fight till my last breath to make sure this thug gets what he deserves.

:mad2:

Hi all,

I had a loan secured on my car going back last year,

after losing my job i was unable to keep up with payments

You must go straight back to the IDIOTS IN UNIFORM and report all you have spoken to for NEGLECT OF DUTY good idea to inform the Press as well---They use all sorts of lies to those not in the know, it is not allowed.

Yesterday i had a bailliff turn up at my door requiring possesion of my vehicle.

when i tried to get in to my car to retrive sum items he grabbed me by my neck and put me in a head lock trying to force me to the ground.

at this time my partner who was watching from the front door came running out screaming for him to stop, and he even went for her.

my 8 year old daughter was histerical and my dad had to come and take her away from the scene.

the bailliffs face was screwed up and he was like a possesed demon.

i am a 36 year olds and i am a very slim build. this guy was three times the size of me, and his excuse was he was resisting????

i have marks and cuts on my shoulder which have bruised up quite badly this morning and i had to take pain killers last night for the pain. i did managed to get 2 hours sleep.

what i dont understand is the police seemed to side with him saying the mark on my back does not justify an arrest. (i think they would say different if they saw my back today). and he was doing his job resisting me??

i have taken photos of my injury and sent them with my complaint to the loan company.

i just dont know what to do next as i just cant get it in to my head that he was allowed to get away with this?

can i re approach the police for a second opinion?

and to press charges?

the police basiclly said it was a civil matter and not criminal, but he assaulted me so whats civil about that..

Thanks for taking time to read my post and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

I was assaulted by an employee of Somerfield stores Ltd 3? years ago. Following initial complaint to police, no action taken. Generally, it seems not worth bothering with police complaint procedure as no satisfactory outcome is guaranteed, ditto with IPCC. Don't forget, the police can get away with murder (Brazilian/underground, for example). So I took my case to county court. Didn't take long to get a Court Order in my favour. Getting it enforced is a completely different matter. If you want details, reassemble this:

//sites.google.com site pmailkeey home court

h t t p s : / / / /

I was assaulted by an employee of Somerfield stores Ltd 3? years ago. Following initial complaint to police, no action taken. Generally, it seems not worth bothering with police complaint procedure as no satisfactory outcome is guaranteed, ditto with IPCC. Don't forget, the police can get away with murder (Brazilian/underground, for example). So I took my case to county court. Didn't take long to get a Court Order in my favour. Getting it enforced is a completely different matter. If you want details, reassemble this:

//sites.google.com site pmailkeey home court

h t t p s : / / / /

since you have an unpaid court judgement, have you considered sending Bailiff's into your local store?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]